Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:46 pm 
Administrator

If you have suggestions for the forum, post here. All suggestions will be taken into consideration (but no jumping, rolling, waving, blinking smilies!).

Post subject: Re: Suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 pm 
On the Roof

If you end up changing the banner picture from time to time, could you put the old ones in a thread so we can look back on them for old times sake?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm 
Administrator

Okay, I will place them in the photos area. They have their own thread there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:07 pm 
this is the big dream

I know that there is an annoying issue with this board where clicking on the link does not open a new window. At the moment I am not sure how to fix it. I poked around a bit but didn't see anything simple to do to remedy the problem.

For now, if you can, try to remember to right click on links and have them open in a new tab or new window. That's for PC users. For Apple people, do whatever is similar to that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:42 pm 
I will surprise you

Would consider changing the name of the site so it doesn't riff off of TWOP? I think you guys are awesome, and I think you're above TWOP--does that make any sense?

Just my opinion as a newbie happy to be here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:02 pm 
this is the big dream

That's tough to do as we already are here on this domain name. It was a spur of the moment thing, I was just dismayed to find the TWoP thread closed and adam without pity sounded cute and was available as a domain name so I bought it.

Years from now we'll just say that TWoP copied us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 am 
I will surprise you

You could change the name but keep the URL. No one looks at the URL anyway, after awhile. The header could say something else.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 am 
is dessert happening?

pointerspoint wrote:
That's tough to do as we already are here on this domain name. It was a spur of the moment thing, I was just dismayed to find the TWoP thread closed and adam without pity sounded cute and was available as a domain name so I bought it.

Years from now we'll just say that TWoP copied us.

I like the name- it has a history!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:14 pm 
this is the big dream

Glad you like it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:29 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Hey!
Thank you so much for this place! I have lurked at TWoP for so long but I am too intimidated to post there. But, you guys are so nice. And, I have learned so much from many of your conversations.

Here's a question/suggestion: Could we have a "how to..." section for a newbie like me?

1. How to post links where the actual link is hidden but a fun description is shown instead. I don't know what it is called.

If this is somewhere on the site, forgive me and point me in the direction. Thank you. I also love the name of the site.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:59 am 
this is the big dream

Sure! We can post that in the FAQ section which is a work in progress right now.

And Welcome!

To post a link with text, click the "URL" button which will insert this: [url][/url] ... and right before the first "]" add an = sign. So it will be like this: [url=(add your link here without these parentheses)](add your text here without paren) then the final[/url]

Hope that works. And hopefully I typed all that out right! Let me know if that does nothing but confuse you more.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:52 pm 
Lamb of Goth

I'd like to suggest a 7 day calendar of Adam's TV and Tour appearences on the main page right beside his picture or anywhere on the grey space so that when we go back to the top of the page the calendar is always visable.

The other day someone posted that Adam would be on the View in August and I had no idea. A calendar of upcoming events is a great reminder to watch or set
up our VCR's.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:32 pm 
this is the big dream

A calendar is a good idea and I did look into doing that back when I started the board but I couldn't figure it out. I'll do further research as soon as I get some spare time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:04 pm 
Adam buzzed

I feel a little weird making any suggestions being such a newbie, but here I go. :)

There are so many great quotes from posters here and various articles that are posted that would make great thread titles. The problem is, the threads fly by so fast that some of them are lost by the time the thread title nominations are opened. Would it be possible to have thread title nominations for the next thread opened at the same time a new thread is started? Did that make any sense?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 pm 
this is the big dream

Thanks, good idea!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:16 am 
Media Maven

Might be a good idea to have a "technical help" thread. There have been a lot of questions asked and good help/advice provided, but it gets lost in the main thread. =)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 pm 
this is the big dream

newland21 wrote:
Might be a good idea to have a "technical help" thread. There have been a lot of questions asked and good help/advice provided, but it gets lost in the main thread. =)

That could go in the FAQ section.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:56 am 
Media Maven

Bringing this over main:

Riley wrote:
Can someone add a button down below to preorder 2012 please? It seems to be climbing up on Amazon. Every little bit helps right? I know, it's very little but it may start adding up in the next few months and I love to lurk here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:59 am 
...hold me in my arms...

Bringing this over from Main:
TXArchitect wrote:
I would like to suggest a place here where we could nominate specific performances of specific songs (like Nashville - Soaked) that are considered especially view-worthy for whatever reason...kinda like a "best posts" but Best performances" instead.

Much of this info is buried in the daily posts, but it would be wonderful to have a self-created and "juried" repository for special videos that are "must-sees" ...perhaps it would be possible tp incorporate this feature into Kaesha's vault...or simply copy the posts that recognise a specific performance into a dedicated area so that we can go there to find recommendations of videos we should see....thee are SO MANY, I can not keep up with them all...

What do you all think???