Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 pm 
World Domination

Being on the West Coast, I haven't seen tonight's show yet, but to come here and read that Rae Lynn and Jordis made it through? Good grief. Rae Lynn's version of that Maroon 5 song SUCKED--it was one of the songs I muted after a while because it was so putrid to hear. Blake was a bozo choosing her anyway from the battle round. And Jordis listen-while-I-hold-this-note-even-though-it's-flat-as-a-pancake made it too? Good grief.

I'll hold off reading here again tonight until I've watched the show.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 pm 
World Domination

I like Jordis. I remember her from Rockstar Season One.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm 

Terrible song choices and some just plain bad singing tonight. My favs were both rock performances: Juliette Simms singing Roxane and Jamar Rogers singing Are You Going to Go My Way. Loved them both. The rest were not good. Juliette and Jamar are Team Ceelo so I think he is off to a good start assuming both don't end up in the bottom and he has to choose and loses one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am 
Star Traveler

I thought last night pretty much sucked. I did really enjoy Jamar. That was the only GREAT performance.

I like Juilette and Mathai.

The rest YIKES and team Adam is in bog trouble as is team Blake.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 pm 
Adam! As in Lambert!

Today I just figured who Jamar was and how Adam knew him. Has this been discussed?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:09 pm 
Star Traveler

Not in great detail.

But yes the Voice Jamar is the same Jamar as in AI8 that was Gokey's best friend.

What we didn't know in AI8 was that Jamar is HIV positive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:25 pm 
World Domination

Just finished watching The Voice (On Demand--couldn't watch last night)....whew.

Juliet and Jamar KILLED it!
I like Mathai, but she can't win.

The rest were either really shitty or forgettably competent.

ETA: Lawdy, lawdy. Team Adam is seriously screwed this year! He saved the right one tonight, but still...
Celo's got the best talent, imo. Can't even remember who's on Christina and Blake's teams now! BWAH!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 pm 
World Domination

I hate working Monday nights as I almost always miss The Voice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 pm 
Star Traveler

I was scratching my head with the saves.

Why can't Matia win?

Canada didn't Tony remind you Bauhaus? Peter Murphy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm 
World Domination

Hathor wrote:
I was scratching my head with the saves.

Why can't Matia win?

Canada didn't Tony remind you Bauhaus? Peter Murphy?
I liked Tony the few times I saw him sing. Wanted to see more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm 
Star Traveler

Bauhaus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-9GY4a ... ure=fvwrel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 pm 
World Domination

I missed hearing Jessie sing last night --doing taxes :( --but I was SHOCKED when Christina sent him home. I DID hear the other three sing and didn't think any of them was all that good, frankly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 pm 
Star Traveler

The Voice is going down in ratings and this bull is the reason.

Why will people watch & vote if they cannot save their favs?

Raelynn saved and Jordis eliminated?

Jessie eliminated?

No more need to watch this fiasco.

Last edited by Hathor on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm 
World Domination

OMG...I missed Raelyn singing, but I heard Jordis. Blake saved that little screechy thing? WTF?

Honestly, I really liked the Voice earlier when the coaches were actually being semi-honest in their 'critiques'...but last night especially it was as much of a tongue-bathing party from them as the contestants on Idol get from J Lo and Steven!

Too bad....

One thing I was thinking while listening to the ones I did catch was that none of them are as good as most of the ones left on Idol this season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:35 pm 

ITA that The Voice is going nowhere fast. I would like to say I am surprised that Blake did not get rid of Raelynn but she has been his favorite from day one. My real interest post show will be to see if Blake has a part in pushing her career. Does he see her as the next teen pop country princess? Maybe and if so, she is a perfect example of why I hate most pop country. Blake was very smart with the song he picked because it masked her lack of vocal ability. She was all performance and sold it to a ton of people. She is way up there on iTunes.

Could not believe that Christina gave Chris Martin a Coldplay song. Poor guy has a great voice but he was almost laughable trying to be believable with his song. I think he will go tonight. And also Erin who made a mighty effort to sing Adele but fell well short. I agree with Adam Levine that singing Adele is more than hitting the notes. Her phrasing is so unique that very few people seem to be able to sing her music well.

ETA: Chris Mann made it on votes. I guess somebody liked his take on Coldplay.

ETA2: Holy moley, Blake chose Erin over Raelynn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 am 
Star Traveler

I did not watch but was surprised to read RaeLynn is no more.

But hell to the no things are not looking good for the Voice.

Xtina lambasted for cutting based upon strategy and not who was worse.

Her face was priceless when Chris was the voters pick.

LOL

How is that strategy now workin for ya Xtina.

On MSN booted contestants are saying they are glad they are off the show. Its a fiasco etc.

So much for Adam and Xtina gloating that The Voice was bettera than Idol.

It is so bad I tuned out and I am a reality singing contest groupie.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 am 
World Domination

Weird stuff. Christina does NOT have a poker face, does she? BWAH! So many times she looked like she'd just found something covered with green fuzzy stuff in the back of her refrigerator. She obviously has no great admiration for the Biebs--that's for sure. BWAH!

Funny...Adam Levine was pretty honest last night in his comments about other teams' contestant performances. CeLo seems to have stopped having anything constructive to say. Christina is becoming the queen of barely cloaked insult in the way she makes observations about someone's performance and Blake looks clueless.

With Lordis and Jessie gone, the two groups from last night are lookin' rag-tag to me. And I've already forgotten who the remaining folks are for Adam and CeLo's teams, honestly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:50 am 
World Domination

This is giving me shades of Season Two of Rockstar. It's that it is a MARK BURNETT production. That backstage manipulation creeps into great shows and we see the Man Behind the curtain lol. I was chocked when Blakke eliminated Jordis. Also who is dressing Erin? Let's see if we get dresses to make her look even heavyier then she already is. I thought the clothing on Idol this year stunk now I'm not so sure. I kind of want to see more of Chris Mann as I like a classical singer who does pop/rock/classical crossover.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm 
World Domination

Quote:
Also who is dressing Erin? Let's see if we get dresses to make her look even heavyier then she already is.
OMG, canuck! I said this very same thing to my husband last night! Honestly, the things she wears breaks every rule of the "I'm obese so I need to be strategic in what I wear" book. And that's a shame because Erin is very pretty woman.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 pm 
Media Maven

Quote:
Chris Mann made it on votes. I guess somebody liked his take on Coldplay.
That would be me. ;) It's actually the only song from this season I've d/l'd. Although, in my defense, after that I went and d/l'd some real Coldplay!

I appreciate that Chris was self-aware enough to know he needed to try something pop-ish/current. I don't think he should win, though. Or even still be there. I really have no idea what Christina was thinking in picking him to start with. 8/

I don't care about anyone left on Blake's or Christina's teams.

ftr - I had no issue with Xtina letting Jessie go. I didn't really think he was all that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:16 am 
World Domination

Oh, god...what's her name...Lindsay? On CeLo's team...massacred "Cryin'" I actually muted after a while. She was screaming at me and not even always on the right note. It was just too desperate and screamy. And of course all I could think of was Adam's Idol performance and how he killed it, even with the damned background singer sounding like a cat in heat being raped by a demon tomcat with a elephant sized penis.

I thought Katrina was really, really good--liked her performance the best of the night. Jamar was good, I like him, but I didn't like that particular song interpretation all that much.

The two coaches sent home the right ones, I believe. James and Pip just aren't strong enough to beat out any of the other voices.

CeLo cracks my shit up. He's a trip!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 pm 

Juliette is the one who had difficulties with Cryin. She was trying too hard and Cryin is just too light for her. The production was hokey too. But I hope she survivies because she has a nice rock voice. I think Adam tweeted about her performance last week. Not sure why they messed with her appearance and changed her image. They blanded her up and it didn't work for me at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm 
Star Traveler

Shocked Mathai is gone Loved her

Juliette slayed It's a Man's World

Loved it.

Best of the night IMO

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 am 

Hathor wrote:

Juliette slayed It's a Man's World

Loved it.

Best of the night IMO

I hope Juliette makes it to the Finale because I think she is the only female left who has a shot at winning against a guy. But it has to be either Jamar or Juliette and not both which is a shame because I thought they were the best of the night. Lindsay was not impressive at all. She ruined the group song with her weak, out of tune voice. What does Christina see in her? If she gets to the Finals over Juliette I will throw things at my TV. I was also very disappointed with Blake Shelton's performance last night. He is usually much much better than that.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am 
Star Traveler

It does suck that it is between Jamar or Juliette. Only one can advance because they were best of the night by far for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next