Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 pm 
World Domination

For me Bev has been the best of the night - both vocally and her songs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm 
World Domination

Firecracker wrote:
THANK GOD!!!

I thought I was the only one. That was HORRID! I do not get the Dia love at all! Painful!
I am like that with Fiest and Colbie too. Just horrid as you say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 pm 
World Domination

Hathor wrote:
Canuk, yes they do because both my girls loved Dia's performance best.

It must be a younger generation thing.

Javier and Levine are sounding really great.

I wonder how order was selected?
Not sure how order was selected but with only four it is pretty straight forward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm 
World Domination

Firecracker wrote:
For me Bev has been the best of the night - both vocally and her songs.
Yes that both performances were amazing. Her original is the only one I want. The rest just do not grab me. Looking forward to Cee Lo and Vicci.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 pm 
World Domination

Did I tell you I love Cee Lo? That was such a fun duet. Vicci needs stronger material as her original gave her nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 pm 

Based on the original songs, I liked Javier, Dia, Bev and Vicci in that order. I love Vicci and Bev but didn't like their songs much though they give their all to everything they do. For me, Javier and Dia had the most radio friendly originals and best overall performances. Which probably means that Bev will win. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:01 pm 
World Domination

Ce Lo and Vicci were great fun! Pat Benatar is one of my musical heros. I still listen to her greatest hits CD often.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:06 pm 
Media Maven

Firecracker wrote:
I thought I was the only one. [Dia] was HORRID! I do not get the Dia love at all! Painful!
ITA! I thought the judges' comments were interesting - they all said they liked the song, but none of them really said they liked the performance. I'm kinda there - I liked Dia's song probably the best of all the originals, but I thought the performance totally sucked. Out of tune almost the whole time. (Though I'll bet the iTunes version is 100 times better.)
And oh btw - Alex Wong was one of those shadow dancers. ;)

I am all about Beverly - loved her performance, liked the song - thought she was absolutely incredible with Christina.

I also liked Javier's duet with Adam L, but I didn't think his original was anything special. (Thought he sounded fine on it.)

Firecracker wrote:
I didn't like Vicci's song or performance on the original. I usually like her a lot.
Agree again. And I so much wanted to love Vicci's duet with Cee Lo. I thought it was a good concept - but it lacked a lot in the execution.

Bev won the night for me, and that's where my votes are going...

eta: "Lovesick" is trending higher on Twitter than "Inventing Shadows"...so - hmph!

Last edited by newland21 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 pm 
World Domination

newland21 wrote:
Firecracker wrote:
I thought I was the only one. [Dia] was HORRID! I do not get the Dia love at all! Painful!
ITA! I thought the judges' comments were interesting - they all said they liked the song, but none of them really said they liked the performance. I'm kinda there - I liked Dia's song probably the best of all the originals, but I thought the performance totally sucked. Out of tune almost the whole time. (Though I'll bet the iTunes version is 100 times better.)
And oh btw - Alex Wong was one of those shadow dancers.

I am all about Beverly - loved her performance, liked the song - thought she was absolutely incredible with Christina.

I also liked Javier's duet with Adam L, but I didn't think his original was anything special. (Thought he sounded fine on it.)

Firecracker wrote:
I didn't like Vicci's song or performance on the original. I usually like her a lot.
Agree again. And I so much wanted to love Vicci's duet with Cee Lo. I thought it was a good concept - but it lacked a lot in the execution.

Bev won the night for me, and that's where my votes are going...

Bev was my favorite since I started watching. I like Vicci alot but her original did nothing for me and she didn't bring anything to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 am 
Star Traveler

Wow I did not like Bev's single. IMO it is not current enough to make it on the radio.

Loved her duet but the single not so much.

Vicci who I usually love was not on the mark vocally either song.

Cel-Lo is incredible.

Loved the young dancers. They are incredible.

My votes went to Javier. Hated voting for teamlevine but had to.

Both of my daughters voted for Dia.

On Itunes Dia is #1 Javier # 3, Vicci #12 and Bev #34

Poll on Rickey's

Javier Colon (Team Adam) 27.4% (300 votes)

Vicci Martinez (Team Cee-Lo) 9.95% (109 votes)

Dia Frampton (Team Blake) 51.87% (568 votes)

Beverly McClellan (Team Christina) 10.78% (118 votes)

Total Votes: 1,095

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 am 
World Domination

I sent all my online and itunes votes to Javier and Bev, and all my phone votes to Javier. Bev and Xtina's Beautiful was just fantastic, and way to go Bev for going toe to toe with her vocally. I loved Javier's original song and could hear it on the radio right now. Same with Dia's as far as the song itself goes, but I refuse to vote for her inadequate voice on a show that's supposed to be about the.best.voice. Cee Lo and Vicci's Battlefield was really fun, but the awesome kid dancers were much more distracting than the shadow dancers. Too bad Vicci was off pitch most of the night, because she can be much better.

I do not get the Dia love at all, and THANK YOU to canuck for mentioning Feist because that's who I've been trying to think of for weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am 
World Domination

boys3girls0 wrote:
I sent all my online and itunes votes to Javier and Bev, and all my phone votes to Javier. Bev and Xtina's Beautiful was just fantastic, and way to go Bev for going toe to toe with her vocally. I loved Javier's original song and could hear it on the radio right now. Same with Dia's as far as the song itself goes, but I refuse to vote for her inadequate voice on a show that's supposed to be about the.best.voice. Cee Lo and Vicci's Battlefield was really fun, but the awesome kid dancers were much more distracting than the shadow dancers. Too bad Vicci was off pitch most of the night, because she can be much better.

I do not get the Dia love at all, and THANK YOU to canuck for mentioning Feist because that's who I've been trying to think of for weeks.
Fiest is from Vancouver so the Canadian radio stations and a loop system over a fashion ad at the store I work at forced us to listen to that horrid 1.2.3.4 until we wanted to throw things.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 am 
World Domination

boys3girls0, you captured my thoughts about the performances perfectly! My favorite performance of the entire night was Bev and Christina's duet, for sure. I like Bev but thought she yelled too much on the original song, which was not memorable, imo. I'd like to see Bev win, but hope she can contain some of the manic nature that takes over when she performs---it gets old. Dia will make money from the young set, and I actually liked the song she sang---I just do NOT like her voice or her performance style (her enunciation drives me nuts)...

Javier will be on our radios soon, no doubt. And yes, he outsang ToolLevine by a mile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 pm 
World Domination

Well that was such a let down. I guess America likes bland again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 pm 
World Domination

I really thought Dia had it in the bag. She seemed to have a lot of buzz in the last few weeks and her original song was by far the best last night. I feel like this is overused because of Idol, but I really think this is a case of the winner needing the win more than the runner up. I think Dia will be fine and probably the more successful of the two.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 pm 
Star Traveler

I am happy Javier won. Again tonight he sounded amazing.

Everyone at work felt Javier was best last night and best over-all all season.

The slam from co-workers to Dia from those I have spoken to is her voice is too thin and too babyish. The reason my dd's like DiaXenia is the baby voice.

Vicci and Bev did not sound good tonight IMO.

I do wish them all well.

Xenia too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm 
World Domination

Hathor wrote:
I am happy Javier won. Again tonight he sounded amazing.

Everyone at work felt Javier was best last night and best over-all all season.

The slam from co-workers to Dia from those I have spoken to is her voice is too thin and too babyish. The reason my dd's like DiaXenia is the baby voice.

Vicci and Bev did not sound good tonight IMO.

I do wish them all well.

Xenia too
I like Xenia more. She has a better voice, more original the Dia but she just needs more polish as she is so shy and not yet sure of her self on stage. I do no feel Javier. Just does not conect with me. I get he has a good voice but nothing there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm 

Javier did sound amazing. Loved the duet. Stevie really seemed to enjoy performing with him. I hope he is very successful. Agree that Dia will do fine and didn't need to win. She has grown on me, baby voice and all. I have rewatched her duet with Blake from last night several times. They were great together. Dia was very lucky to have him as her mentor. Bev and Vicci both acted self conscious and off their game tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:23 pm 
World Domination

Y'all should check out Javier's earlier work on iTunes.

I'm enjoying the clips from his first cd. Love the song "Crazy"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:49 am 
World Domination

Whoa...I don't know what's happened to Beverly. She's been yelling at me lately and I don't like it. And Vicki just isn't delivering, either. So yeah...I guess it should've been Dia and Javier and since I happen to think Javier can actually SING...

I didn't think ANY of the duets sounded good, to tell you the truth. (I suppose I'd vote for Dia and Miranda's if I had to choose one.) Sounded to me like all of the contestants had a bad case of nerves. Wonder how much time they got to rehearse with the stars?

So...Season 1 of The Voice is done. I read that they're already gearing up to start auditions for Season 2...and then, of course, there's a tour. Lordy--American Idol tour, The Voice Tour, SYTYCD Tour...and I'm not going to any of them! *g*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 am 
Star Traveler

I LOVE LANDSLIDE and I think Javier sounded amazing singing with Stevie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DtN6QSx_Io

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:04 am 
Media Maven

Well to start - I guess I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I was behind Beverly for the win - with Vicci my other choice.

The duets. I thought Vicci had a good time with Pat Monahan and they sounded pretty good together. The Dia/Miranda duet? I thought all that pairing did was show up Dia's worst vocal flaws as Miranda schooled her how to sing. To me it was possibly a worse pairing than the (unfortunate) Beverly/Tedder duet. I was just flummoxed by that. When Carson announced the guest singers at the top of the show and I heard Stevie Nicks my immediate thought was "Epic! Beverly and Stevie!". And I just assumed Javier and Hit-writer would pair off. Imagine my shock (and total disappointment) when those pairings were reversed. That said - I did think Javier and Stevie was the best duet of the evening. I liked it way better than his duet with Adam Levine and better than his original song.

And - I still have Bev/Christina's "Beautiful". ;)

In the end I thought all 4 of the finalists (and a lot of the other contenders) were pretty talented. I hope the mentors do right by them and get them all their breaks...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 pm 
Media Maven

People Magazine article on Javier...
Javier Colon: 5 Things to Know About The Voice Winner

eta:
Quote:
The comments are hysterical. Justin Bieber tweeted to vote for Javier and that is why he won.
IKR? I guess we have to add all the Adam fans, too, since Adam tweeted that he had some of Javier's early music and he was a great singer. Because fans of a singer clearly have no will of their own. <eyeroll>

Last edited by newland21 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:25 am 
Star Traveler

Ah what a nice article. The comments are hysterical. Justin Bieber tweeted to vote for Javier and that is why he won.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:10 pm 
World Domination

Well, this has me quite surprised. I was reading a review of Rhianna's concert tour in a local paper and read that last week Cee Lo Green dropped out of the tour as the opening act, supposedly because of his commitments to The Voice, but the reviewer said that some are saying it's because of mixed reviews of his act. So I Googled and came across this article about it. Cee lo Green in Hot Water for Perceived Homophobic Remark

Quote:
“I respect your criticism, but be fair!” “People enjoyed last night! I’m guessing you’re gay? And my masculinity offended you? Well f*** you!”

Weird. I'm leary of jumping on the "Cee Lo Green is a Homophobe" bandwagon because of this. We know how Tweets can be taken out of context or misconstrued...but it's difficult to understand why the hell he would say something like this, you know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next