Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 pm 
World Domination

RachelRose, I'm with you on that Blake performance--it sucked! The song wasn't good, imo, and Blake's performance wasn't any better--he was yelling the whole time, not singing, and looked uncomfortable on stage. I usually have a better response to him.

Don't get all the Lindsay love, either--I can see how she'd be an okay artist to hear in a small, intimate coffehouse-type environment, but on this show she seems totally out of her element.

Loved Tony last night and I was telling my hubby how I was getting the whole Robert Palmer (whom I love) vibe during his performance, too--just like Blake said.

Now. Was anybody else sitting with her jaw hanging open at how Xtina could not STOP talking about herSELF? Every comment about a contestant was in a context about how SHE sang or HER experience years ago doing that song or how that performance reminded her of her OWN blah-blah. Also, she even used her two contestants to give herself some more camera time onstage by needing to get up there and 'give them a hug'--I thought she was obnoxious and narcissitic as hell and I like her. She made it all about her instead of the contestants, imo. (reminded me of Aubrey O'Day on Celebrity Apprentice--BWAH!) Also, I couldn't believe how blatantly catty and passive-agressively bitchy she was when commenting to/about Tony--the ex-Mouseketeer colleague. What's all THAT about? In summary, Xtina came across as a number 1 bitch/diva to me last night!

Jamar was great. Liked Juliette, too--but what the HELL happened to her, image-wise? She was much more appealing visually, imo, before the blond hair and clothing style changes.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 pm 

3 guys and Juliet. She would have won the popular vote even if Cee Lo had not weighted his points for her. The opposite for Tony who would not have made the Finale had Adam not given him the judges point advantage. So it appears that Tony does not have an unbeatable voting base.

open2it: I am not sure what is up with Christina's dislike of Tony. She has always had the self centered diva reputation but I am surprised that she is willing to display such open hostility to the world.

I wish they had not changed Juliet's image so drastically. They have taken away her cool edginess. Maybe the show handlers think she will be less threatening to female voters if they tone her down? Hope it isn't permanent.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 am 
Star Traveler

I felt badly for Jamar. IMO he deserved to be in the finale and it is just unfortunate that he or Juliette could not both advance.

They are the best of those who remain.

Hopefully, Tony wins!! It would be priceless to have to see Xtina's stankface.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:20 am 
World Domination

I agree that this judges' weighting the results seems...wrong, especially when you see the case of Jamar and Juliette, who both deserve to be in the finale, imo. I too felt bad for Jamar, but I hope this exposure will bring him some success.

Adam Levine tried hard to explain his vote, but he might've been more credible had he just said his decision was based on the impact of that one last performance from his two. I really like Katrina, but I wonder if she'll catch the eye and ear of the industry without a 'win' from the show. I LOVED Tony's last performance, but he's not a uniquely talented guy, imo--kind of another WGWG on a different show, actually.

Given the final four--I'm definitely in Juliette's corner. Jermaine's voice is NOT pleasing to my ears, especially when he's forcing the sound in the edges of his range. Chris Mann is obviously talented but my hubby and I were saying that, while his Ave Maria was lovely, it didn't blow us away. (In fact, I kept wondering how Adam would've slayed that as I remembered his Come to Me, Bend to Me!)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 pm 
hot milk and biscuits

The Voice Torn Apart By Adam Levine & Christina Aguilera’s Explosive Brawl

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 pm 
Star Traveler

Well Xtina has something against Tony. He isn't my cuppa but he doesn't suck and Xtina is rude and cruel to Tony.

Tonight she made a comment to Chris at least he made it based upon his voice alone.

There has got to be something in their background.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:49 pm 
World Domination

I've thought for a while now that something must have happened between the two of them back in the day. Christina doesn't even try to hide her distain for Tony.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:43 pm 
Star Traveler

Boys I know!! It is so obvious and so disgustingly pety and wrong.

Texting during his performance? WTF

If he wins her head will explode.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 pm 
World Domination

My husband caught that texting and said, "Are you serious? What a bitch!"

Yeah, that.

I couldn't believe anything from her last night. I thought her right nipple was going to jump out of that unflattering dress and take over the next verse of The Prayer. Didn't think she sounded all that great, either--of course, she was feeling under the weather--as she felt compelled to tell us at least five times during the show. And she STILL managed to make everything about her--going onstage again when she didn't need to, bringing up her own singing, etc., when talking to the contestants, etc.

And the on-camera bitchiness and passive-aggressive crap "This is a REAL man right here...this is what a REAL man looks like. He respects women." oy....embarrassing

You know I'm sure Chris Mann is a talented vocalist. But...honestly? When I listen to him, I can only hear Adam in my head singing the same thing soooooo much better. Is that wrong? ;)

Juliet should win.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:58 am 
Glittery Superstar

SPOILER..............

Well that was a surprise! I expected Juliet to win even though I did think Jermaine was the best last night. I've never thought he was all that this season and was surprised Blake stuck with him, but he sure sounded great last night. I especially loved his Soul Man duet with Blake. He may not know much about genres other than country, but Blake seems to be a good coach. He definitely drew the best out of Jermaine.

I enjoyed seeing various contestants come back to perform, and I even liked the Biebs! That song is darn catchy! Very JT. But I really don't want to watch him grab his crotch ever again. :/

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:43 am 
Star Traveler

Color me shocked by the results.

Guess this is the year for the big voiced gospel singer to win every singing show.

Ledet seems poised to win AI and he and Jermaine are cut out of the same cloth.

Love that Xtina once again finished last.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 am 
Star Traveler

Loving the Voice this year.

Some exceptional talent.

As of now I think Adam "tool" Levine has the most unique group of singers.

The audition that still blows me away is Melanie Martinez.

http://youtu.be/_4CI6HUx7Qc

Very unique, great phrasing and tone IMO.

No one sounds or looks like her.

So she is my early fav.

Only concern is she may be a one trick pony.

Hope not!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 pm 
Star Traveler

Anyone else watching the Voice this season?

I must say I am loving it. I think I am done with Idol.

Seriously

Usher and Shakira are awesome judges.

The talent blows idol away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 am 
World Domination

I try to avoid all Mark Burnett shows.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 am 
World Domination

I watched once..but the thing is..who are we watching for? They don't promote their winners in any way once the show is done..so what is the point of tuning in weekly.. The new judges are fun.. So is it a show for the judges then?

Might check the singers out when the rounds are all picked..no say now anyway.. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51 pm 
World Domination

(((Seashelli))) That is the trouble I have with The Voice. The not supporting the singers after the show. Typical Mark Burnett thing. Same thing happened with Rockstar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:24 pm 
Star Traveler

I did not enjoy the battles as much last night and felt some of the best singers
were passed on. Boo

Hopefully tonight is better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:33 am 
World Domination

Didn't Adam Levine say something like this before? He passively-aggressively shows his disrespect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11