Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:55 pm 
Media Maven

princessazula wrote:
MyJacket wrote:
I have my iTunes set for automatic downloads so when I downloaded the two songs last night they went straight to my iTunes folder and I heard them play. When I went back to listen again, all I saw was that dreaded (!) which means there is no file to back up the track listing and when I go back to the link in my email, it says I've already downloaded the songs. Crap.

First, search your computer for the following:
AdamLambert_MasterPlan (when it pops up, right click and select what should be the second item (open file location, make a note of the LOCATION) and just exit all this.
Do the same thing for AdamLambert_WhatayaWantFromMe, hopefully they are in the same place.

Now, go to iTunes and your playlist where the song and the ! are appearing.
Right click on the song, select Get Info and a box should pop up that says....could not be found. It should give you a box that says LOCATE, it should then lead you to a series of selections, this is where your above collected info comes in because you have to find it. Once you do, select OPEN, OPEN and finally OK. These songs should be ok from now on.

Sorry this is long, if you are still having trouble PM and I'll try to walk you through it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:29 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

How to set Private message notification to POP UP Window:

There is a nice feature on our board that allows a Pop up window to appear when you receive a PM. If you go to User Control Panel, look to the left and select Board Preferences. Once there, look for the 6th item: Pop up window and select YES! then save your preferences at the bottom and you are done.

When you receive a PM a small box will appear notifying you of your message.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:04 pm 
Glittery Superstar

Question about iTunes:

If I import the FYE songs from my actual CD into iTunes, will they be better quality than the ones that downloaded from the iTunes store on the deluxe edition? I want to burn a CD for the car with FYE plus the bonuses. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 pm 
Media Maven

thursdaynext -

I think the help you need is in this post. It explains how to change the iTunes settings to get the CD import at a higher bit-rate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm 
Media Maven

austintoo wrote:
This is a sad question, but I can't figure out how to change the extension. My DH is a computer programmer and I am just lost. I don't like to download any new programs without checking with him because I've gotten viruses on the computer before. Thanks.

LaStupenda wrote:
Well, here's how you do it in Vista. I think it's kind of similar in XP, although you might have to Google "view file extensions in XP" if that's what you have.

In Vista:

Open up the folder where the file is
Click "Organize" then select "Folder and Search Options"
Click the "View" Tab
Then make sure that "Hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checked.
Press save.

Then to actually change the extension, find the file, right click and select "Rename" and then change the extension (the part after the period) from TS to MPG.

Voila!

northernlight wrote:
Not sad...just part of the learning curve. Open up "My computer" or "Computer" as the case may be, go to the file folder where the file is stored, highlight the name of the file with your mouse, slowly click twice...it should open up the name box so that you can backspace over the current extension and type in .mpg instead. Should work.

You also can right-click on the name of the file, select "rename file" from the pop-up window, and type in a new name with the .mpg extension, or revise the current name doing the same thing.

I downloaded LaStupenda's program from that site. I saved the .exe file to my hard drive and then scanned it with my McAfee anti-virus program before I double-clicked on the file to open it up. With McAfee, when you right-click on the .exe file you get a pop-up box and one of the options is to "scan" the file. Select that option. It should work similarly with Norton (although I haven't used that program for ages). I didn't have any virus problems with the file. It worked perfectly. But it's just safer to scan it first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:47 pm 
Media Maven

murly wrote:
josielord wrote:
Hope this isn't too off topic ... can anybody help me with how you read other people's tweets to someone you're following on Twitter (in this case, Adam, of course)? When I pull up his Twitter page I can only see his tweets, can't see tweets that people have sent to him. Thanks to anybody who can help.

I copied this directly from susanm at Planet Fierce so my thanks to her:

• If you @reply from the beginning of your post, it will only be seen by that person and the people who follow both of you.
• If you say a few words prior to the @reply, it will go to all of your followers.
• If you want to see all the tweets, say, Adam is getting, go into the search bar on the right side and put in "@adamlambert."
• If you just put in "adamlambert," you will see the tweets that he is mentioned in, not the ones sent to him.
• If you check on a trending subject, you will see all the tweets with that subject in the text or in a #hashtag
• Hashtags (#) are used for trending and to make things more easily searched. We will likely have a hashtag for NYE, so people can easily find all the tweets pertaining to the show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 am 
simulated digital penetration

Lord, I am computer illiterate. How do I post a picture on here? The code part I know, but I can't figure out what to do from there. I'm trying to post a pic from my hard drive, and when I insert the file name into the code, nothing happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:37 pm 
Media Maven

MadTex - you can't post a picture from your hard drive - it will only show up linked from an on-line site. If you do not have your own on-line photohosting site, you can upload your picture to the AWOP Photobucket Account.

go to: http://photobucket.com/
login ID: mediawop
psswd: muppet

Find the option to Upload a photo - you should be able to select "browse" and get to the place on your computer where the photo is stored. Once the poto is uploaded to the Photobucket account, you will see some "share" options and you can get the url for the photo's location in photobucket.

If you want to post just the link, use that url. If you want to post the photo itself, wrap the url in tags.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:33 pm 
Media Maven

LaStupenda wrote:
Quote:
I can't seem to open your file with the media programs I normally use. What program do I need to open it? Thanks for getting the vids up so quickly!!!

Which one did you download? The 1.25GB one or the 735MB one?

For the 1.25GB one:

Download & Install WinRar (it says it's a 40 day free trial, but I've had my "40 day free trial" installed for years, and it's still fully functional. Paying is optional, apparently)
http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/ ... 07677.html

After that's installed:

Download BOTH parts 1 & 2

Find where you downloaded them, right click to select both files at the same time, and then right click on "Extract Here."

An MPG file will be constructed. After it's done creating the MPG file, you can delete the 2 rar files.

For the 735MB version:

Just download it :)

Both files can be played with:

VLC:
http://www.videolan.org

Media Player Classic: *I use this one for my VOB files b/c it automatically deinterlaces the video
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

PowerDVD:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power ... en_US.html

WinDVD:
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ ... bview=tab0

I personally recommend VLC and Media Player Classic as they are both free and do an excellent job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:06 am 
"Once a Drama Queen... always a Drama Queen..."

Hi there, I love all the great info and links posted here - t'is awesome and a BIG thank you to everyone who maintains this site, you all do such a wonderful job :):):)

Now, I'm here in the techie thread for a reason...lol Is there anyway to adjust my settings (and I have looked 3 or 4 times so far) so that when I click on a live link to say a YT vid or a media review, that the link opens in a totally new window rather than replacing my AWoP window whereby I have to hit the backwards button to get back to the thread here?

Fingers crossed and 'ta' in anticipation.

Oooh, ooh - while I'm at it ...lol.... emoticons (even basic ones) and a strikethrough option would be all shades of excellence as well - but I can live without em if it's all in the 'too hard' basket.

Ta again,
Cherie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:44 am 
Media Maven

catzmadam - unfortunately, the "open in new window" feature isn't active on the board at the moment. It's not a personal setting you can make. The admins have been trying to figure out how to work it on this board almost since the beginning... =(

eta: right you are, purist! I should have clarified in my post I meant an automatic open in a new window isn't enabled on this board.

Last edited by newland21 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:46 am 
juggling eroticos during breakfast

catzmadam, you can right-click on the link and choose 'Open Link in New Tab'. That's what I always do for links on AWOP.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 pm 
"Once a Drama Queen... always a Drama Queen..."

Many thanks newland21 and purist. I'll try to remember to do that instead of just 'blindly' hitting the link. I'm just glad to know it wasn't me being a 'dork' and missing something obvious in my settings.

Lots of smiles - it's all good in Adamland.
Cherie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:34 pm 
ménage étoile

catzmadam -- Or if you prefer using the keyboard, hold Ctrl while clicking the link (applies to IE at least).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:33 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Ozzie wrote:
SB1965 wrote:
Does anyone know (LaS) how to put the VLC I downloaded into my applications on a MAC? /snip/ So I downloaded it but don't know how to get it to start working? LORD

put the vlc-icon into your application folder, then drag the icon to the dock, then click and it's open.

eta. : you may have to install the player. just doubleclick the discimage (dmg) and the installment begins

eta: VLC player link

whatfun wrote:
SB1965 wrote:
Well, I got VLC downloaded and into my applications and opened and I dled DTRH again and it said, cannot read it coz it's a movie file? /snip/

You have to manually open it up within VLC. If you're on a Mac it's probably trying to automatically open it with Quicktime. The easiest way is probably to right click on the movie file, and then choose Open With, and select VLC from the list. Hope that helps.

josielord wrote:
SB1965 wrote:
Well, I got VLC downloaded and into my applications and opened and I dled DTRH again and it said, cannot read it coz it's a movie file? /snip/

Hi SB1965, I have a MAC, too, and sometimes I can't open LA's files for the same reason. Somehow, I figured out that if I change the file extension to .ts or .vob they'll usually open up in VLC and play just fine. Hope this helps.

ETA: I just downloaded LA's file and, sure enough, it wouldn't play. I changed the .mpg extension to .ts and it plays just fine. Hope you see this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm 
Media Maven

Setting Up TweetDeck
ToxicLED1309 wrote:
TweetDeck is one of the many Twitter mediums out there. You can download it at http://www.tweetdeck.com and it comes up in a window separately from your web browser, so you can always have Twitter open in the background instead of clogging up your tabs. When you download it you can play around with it and change the background and font colors and stuff. It automatically updates your columns for you every minute or so, so you can get new tweets as soon as possible.

IIRC, it comes automatically with "All Friends", "Mentions" (AKA your @ Replies), "DMs" and "TweetDeck Recommends" columns, but you can add your own custom columns. Click on the + button at the top to create your column. I have one that is a search for "Adam Lambert", so anytime anybody tweets with his full name, it'll show up in this column (this one usually moves much too fast for me to pay it much attention though). If you wanted a column for just hooplamagnet's tweets, click the + button and type "hooplamagnet" into the search bar. However, this will automatically put anybody's @ replies to hooplamagnet in this column as well. To take this out, you can click on the "Filter" button at the bottom of the column, change the middle drop down menu to the minus sign and type in "@hooplamagnet". The only thing that will remain in this column is the tweets directly from Hoopla.

You can play around with the order of the columns, the size of the window, etc, using the buttons at the top of the window and bottom of the columns. Personally, I keep the window sized so that my "All Friends" and "Mentions" are the only two columns I can see, but I can easily scroll through to check out my other columns if I wanted. It's a pretty user-friendly program, IMO.

Hope this helps. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 am 
Media Maven

Twitter Lists
ToxicLED1309 wrote:
Twitter lists are easy ways to keep different groups of people organized. I personally don't use them because I don't follow TOO many people, but I've been added to a few (mostly ones along the lines of "Badgers" and "Livejournal Peeps", since thats where I spend the majority of my time, lol). Too add somebody to a list, go to their twitter page and click the Lists button at the top of their page. If you don't have any Lists created, it'll prompt you to make one, name it and write a description for it. Then you can add this person to your list. Many people have multiple lists, especially if they follow a lot of people, to keep it all organized. You can also add people to lists without following them. (This actually happened to one of my twitter friends yesterday - she'd had Adam added to a list that she checked frequently, but was never actually following him until yesterday.)

Your lists and the lists you have been added to will show up in the sidebar of your twitter homepage, if you're using the web, right above the list of trending topics. If you're using TweetDeck, you can add a new column, choose the Groups/Lists option on the left, and create columns for your lists.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm 
Media Maven

Converting ts files to DVD playable on a DVD player
LaStupenda wrote:
To convert my TS files to DVD quality specs, I highly recommend using Super

I use Super to do ALL of my conversions including my HQ AVI files. It's really easy to make DVD-spec files on it. Just load the TS file, choose "DVD Compatible". I do a "stream copy" of the audio file and then the video file, I convert using 16:9 aspect ratio and 9800kbps bitrate, and NTSC standard.

Those settings make beautiful, DVD compatible files that are ready to burn onto DVD.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:58 am 
Media Maven

kaetsa wrote:
Quote:
The [Twitter]background picture is different also, but I can't figure out how see what it is.
I didn't see anyone answer yet although I could have missed the post. If you right click on the background in firefox and click view background image, you can see the background picture. In IE, after you right click you have to save the background image as... and after you saved it on your computer you can view and then delete.
Background Image.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:48 pm 
Media Maven

How to make a DIY String Tripod!
http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/pho ... 31585.aspx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

purist wrote:
P.S. Is there a way to link to individual tweets?

If you click on the time the tweet was made it will bring you to the individual tweet.
ex. Adam's tweet
Quote:
Thank you fans and thank you much music
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

If you click on what I highlighted in purple on his tweet, it goes to the individual tweet page and you can copy that url.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 am 
OMFG

Posting a link from IDF

Every post at IDF has its own link. When posting links from IDF most people just copy and paste the URL from the top of the page – which means when we click on the link we only get the “page” and not the “post” we're looking for.

Say you found a great pic of Adam like this one:

You got it at IDF and you want to post the source.

If you choose the URL at the top of the page (which is what most people do) you will send the user to the page – not the picture. Click on each of the links below and see the difference:

Link at IDF - scroll to find pic.

Link directly to picture

It’s easier to find the picture you’re looking for if the poster uses the correct link.

To link directly to a picture or specific post at IDF, click the “post #” at the top right of the post. That’s the link you should use as the source. The other link – the page link just takes you to the page.

When you click the post number a new window pops up that shows the URL that leads directly to the post. On a Mac the window looks like this:

On a PC the window is a pinkish color and appears at the top of your screen directly below the page url – if you have your pop-up blocker on you’ll get a warning – you should click ‘yes’ to temporarily allow pop-ups from the site then you should click the post # a second time for the url to “pop up”.

So, when posting "source" info from IDF please use the appropriate 'post' url and not the page url.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Buderschnookie wrote:
This might be a good time to remind everyone about the proper way to link to articles.
Post the headline as it was written.
Then the raw link.
Then quote a very brief half paragraph or so that illustrates the nature of the article.

We are never to post the article in full.
As far as I am aware this method satisfies all copyright issues.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 pm 
Media Maven

LaStupenda wrote:
If your computer is ALWAYS kind of slow, I suggest this program:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Window-Re ... 06555.html

I ran it on my mom's computer which is SO slow you had time to go eat dinner waiting for a page to load or a file to download, and it sped up her computer SOOOOO much.

It's free and really effective. I recommend it even if you think your computer is fast. My computer is fast and it found over 5,000 registry errors.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 am 
Media Maven

Buderschnookie wrote:
kaetsa wrote:
I had a post ready with hugs for injuries, happy events, and for support and then Firefox crashed. :( Evidently 50 tabs of youtube videos are too much for Firefox to handle. I need to start doing it Laynie's way and making notes instead of adding on to a quote in another tab. So if you needed a hug, I have one for you. :) Meanwhile, I'll browse back and try to see if I had anything significant at all to say in the lost post.[/size]

Firefox has a lifesaving add-on called Lazarus that can bring lost posts back from the dead no matter how they were dropped- browser crashes and all.
I love it!
No more typing chapters of a carefully thought out reply and it going POOF!