Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:04 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Twitter Basics (coming soon)

maddie wrote:
when you see a @ before a name, like @adamlabert, the tweet is a reply to that person, or directed to that person. And yes, RT is just someone reposting a tweet.

RT = Re-tweet or re posting a tweet

on blocking someone:
murly wrote:
In case someone doesn't know how to do this--go to the person's account (either by doing a search or just by clicking on their name in Eber's tweet to them) and you'll see a bar just under the place where it lists how many tweets they've made, how many they're following, how many are following them, etc. On the righthand side of the bar, you'll see a little symbol that looks kind of like a wheel or a gear, with a little arrow to the right of it. If you click on that symbol, you'll get a drop-down menu with the option to report that person for spam. Click on that and you're done. I hope this person gets booted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:13 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Twitter: following other MUPpets

So, if you are already on twitter and you want to follow AWOP twitter or other members here's how you can do that.

You can go to the top of your homepage and click "Find People" or you can use AWOP's Twitter List as a short cut.
This is our homepage: https://twitter.com/AdamWithoutPity

When I started this I created Lists for you to use. You can always go to our homepage and click on these to see what's happening. You can copy them or follow them.

So if you click on the Twitter List, called "mup-pets" that will take you to another page and show the feed of all of those board members that have sent me their twitter username or I've found. ;)

If you click on "following" as shown in the diagram below it will take you to another page.

This page shows the MUPpets and whether or not YOU are following them.

As you can see AWOP is not following "azula152" but it is following "laynier".

You can either "quick follow" or use the "tool" icon for other options.

Click on the "tool" icon and it gives you lots of options.

If any of this is unclear, please feel free to ask me questions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm 
Media Maven

At the Fan Club...
purist wrote:
laynie wrote:
Questions: how do I ADD friends to my account - I only see a link that says 'sent request'.
1. Go to COMMUNITY at the top.
2. Click USERS on the drop-down menu.
3. Type the name of the user you're looking for into the search box.
4. Click on their avatar.
5. Click on the black "Add friend" box below their avatar pic on the right.
6. Wait and see - they will most likely approve your request. To see who your friends are (i.e. who has accepted your requests), go to your own profile page (click your username on the top left) and scroll down to FRIENDS.
7. Click on MANAGE below FRIENDS for more details - under SENT REQUESTS you can see which requests haven't yet been accepted.

If somebody requests to add you, you will see "xxx friend requests" at the top right side of your page. Click on that and it will take you to a page where you can approve the request if you so desire. So far, I've approved everyone who's asked - although I always check their profile page first just in case. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm 
My therapist says it's a harmless, stress-relieving fantasy--and I believe her

Mel P wrote:
Subject: "How To" and Other Techie Stuff

lisaloopner wrote:
How do I change the tagline that appears below my username here at AWoP? Have been through all Control Panel options and must have missed it. TIA.

lisa:

Go to Board Index
Click on Announcements
Click on Custom Little Doohickey's
Make your request :) Hope you picked a good one!

Mel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Hathor wrote:
Hey anyone wanting to add a music player and pictures to their ALF page, VickStix has an easy to follow blog

http://adamlambertfans.com/users/vickstix

Direct links:

ALFC user vickstix explains
How to add pictures to your ALFC homepage.
How to add music to your ALFC homepage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am 
...hold me in my arms...

Just in case some don't know how to navigate youtube. This is how to find other videos posted by a youtube channel, for instance, suz526.

Click on the down arrow to the right of her username/#of videos. See the diagram below. It's a thumbnail to save space but if you click on it you'll see more directions. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 am 
Media Maven

Getting back lost iTunes purchases
MadTex wrote:
About 6 months ago, I upgraded from Vista to Win 7 because Vista was slowly making my computer inoperable. I backed up my hard drive regularly (online with Mozy.com, daily, and with an external hard drive, monthly). But, because Vista was blocking access to my entire control panel, some of the back-ups were unsuccessful. So, I lost every song and video I'd purchased from itunes over the last two years. I emailed itunes support and explained what had happened and asked if they could provide me with my missing files, assuming since I had a purchase history for the songs this might be easily accomplished. Well, they first claimed they only keep records up to 6 mos, so they gave me credits for a couple of the songs so I could re-purchase them*. I replied thanking them, but let them know I was missing hundreds of files. After that, they sent every single file I had ever purchased on itunes (excluding those no longer available) directly to my itunes account! This was 5 years of purchases; talk about shock at the money I'd invested in music! Of course, this didn't help with the songs/performances of Adam on Idol, since they're no longer available. For this, I used BlueRose's catalog posted above. But, if you're missing other music, I definitely recommend contacting itunes support!

*IMO, itunes support is difficult to navigate. I sent a few emails to various departments with no results before finding the best avenue. Go to your purchase history in your itunes account. Select a song or two to report a problem with the download. Then briefly explain your issue. This will get you in the door, which means you get assigned a customer service rep (an actual person who will give you an actual ph#!). This is why I was given credits for 2 songs; I chose two recent purchases to report download problems.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:35 pm 
Media Maven

LaStupenda wrote:
My new cell phone wallpaper in commemoration of the Amsterdam show :)

LaStupenda wrote:
Susan L wrote:
how does one do that LaS?

Well it depends on your phone. I have an Android phone, and all I did was open the picture from the link (I saved it when it was first tweeted out) and at least on my phone, it gives you the option to save the picture to your external SD card. I did that, and then I went to my picture gallery on my phone, selected it, and pressed "Set as Wallpaper."

If you have an iPhone, just save the picture to wherever you have your iPhone picture directory set to (You can check this on your iTunes) and then after you sync your phone, it'll show up in your photo gallery and you can save it to your phone. MAKE SURE that "Sync Photos" is checked on your iTunes.

If you have a phone like mine where you have an external SD card that can be taken out (NOT the same as a SIM card. DO NOT try to save to a SIM card!), just take out the SD card (mine is a microSD card) put it in an SD card reader (make sure you're using the right kind-remember, a micro SD card is NOT the same as a mini SD card!) and just drag the picture over to the card on your computer, like it was camera card. It'll show up on your phone then.

I have NO IDEA how to do this in a non-Smartphone or a Blackberry.

In the past 4 years, I've used a Motorola RAZR, LGCU500, an old crap hand me down Nokia, an iPhone, an AT&T GoPhone and a Samsung Intercept. I think I'm fairly well versed in all things cell phones, but I need to try out a Blackberry just to say that I've tried it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:10 am 
...hold me in my arms...

Mary wrote:
josielord wrote:
grammafan wrote:
Madamimadam from IDF has downloadable (for conversion to DVD) files of both the LA performances. Being technologically challenged, and having a Mac rather than a PC, I am beyond baffled as to how to create a DVD from these files. Is anyone interested in wending their way through creating a DVD and offering for our board members? I would be happy to provide renumeration.

grammafan, I have a Mac, too, and have also tried to make a DVD from madamimadam's files at IDF. I eventually gave up. I second your request and would also be happy to pay somebody to do it for me. Anybody? Bueller?

I downloaded her files and burned a DVD of the Nokia show, and the quality isn't bad. The issue is that if you are using a PC you need the program disk burning program Nero, and if you are using a Mac you need the disk burning program Toast. On a Mac, you also need a free program called UnRarX, which you can d/l from here: http://www.unrarx.com/

After you d/l all the files, double click on any one of them and it will either open UnRarX automatically, or ask you which program to use, in which case, navigate to UnRarX and select it. When it's done processing, there will be a file with the extension .nrg. You can drop it into the Copy tab ofToast and it will create a DVD disk image which you can burn. Any version of Toast 6 or higher will work, you can probably find a cheap copy on ebay.

It plays fine on my 4 yo DVD player, but you never know with non-commercial disks on older players.

I'll be d/ling the Music Box show and let you know how that one is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:42 am 
...hold me in my arms...

glammax wrote:
My search to replace my lost Firefox links has hit a snag ...

kaetsa wrote:
Firefox automatically backs up your bookmarks. Maybe yours are still there? Try this -
Go to Bookmarks at the top of the page.
Click on Organize Bookmarks.
Import and Backup.
Restore.
Choose File.
and then browse to C:\documents and settings\your user name\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\something.default\bookmarkbackups.....there should be several backups there. Look at the dates and transfer the most recent before you updated firefox.
If you can't see application data, you will have to open a folder and go to the top of the folder and click tools ...folder options....click the view tab...and dot show hidden files and folders...and then click apply.
Good Luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:16 am 
Media Maven

Converting vinyl to MP3:
http://www.digitalaudioworld.com/vinyl-to-MP3.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 am 
Media Maven

Converting YT to audio
open2it wrote:
I took the YouTube and then used one of those converter websites for online conversion to mp3 or mp4 to make mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vL0oznGPtw I use this one: http://www.ixconverter.net/index.php but there are others, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 pm 
Confused but happy!

Here's a quote from princessazula, originally posted 1 Jul 12, about SQL error messages:

Quote:
PSA:

Apparently in one of twitter's updates they changed their font. Our board is having a very difficult time accepting certain symbols in tweets.

A lot of people are putting a ., " or ' in front of their tweet to one person. By doing this they are sending the tweet to all of their followers. That initial symbol is oftentimes what our board will not accept. This also happens when people add hashtags or just random symbols of excitement at the end of a tweet.

If you get an error message when trying to post a tweet, look over the text for any symbols such as ., ", ', <3, smilies, #, etc. Any of these can cause a problem on our board. If you delete that portion and retype it, the board will generally accept it.

There was one tweet with MF written out, and the board wouldn't accept it last night. lol.

Hopefully this helps. :)

and...learned the hard way that it isn't just twitter. The same thing can happen from a c/p from a YouTube. It seems wise to be cautious in pulling over anything from another site as a c/p.