Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTF? The Dictionary!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:22 pm 
Administrator

Accidentally: (see "I accidentally...") by mistake, unintentional

Adamgasm: (see crotchular zone) What Adam causes everywhere he goes, as in "I'm glad I'm causing 'gasms".

Adamism: a study or belief in which all things are blessed because of Adam Lambert's godliness,which includes his spiritual and gifted voice

Addison: the pairing of Adam + Allison, his new little sister--term used by people who are fans of both

AFGNL Adam Fucking Grammy Nominated Lambert

Archuheta: the pairing of David Archuletta + Allison Iraheta

Asshat: One who has his/her head up his ass, thereby wearing said ass as a hat.

Baby Paisley: the little girl that wanted to watch Adam on her iPhone watch her on YouTube

Back Huggle: Epic Kris-initiated tackle hug from behind – which happened in an interview shortly after the AI8 finale

BB (or bb): Baby. AWoP’s nickname for Adam

Boardicide: the act of committing discussion board suicide or discussion forum self-sacrifice. The sacrificing of one's precious username to make the kind of point that is sure to lead to suspension or banning from a discussion forum. Generally leads to condolence messages (eg.RIP "username") from friends of the person who made the sacrifice.

Bradam: the pairing of Brad (Cheeks) and Adam

BSC: bat-shit crazy - used to describe fans who are so overenthusiastic they are annoying and/or embarassing.

BTW: by the way

Buderschnookied: drunk; coined after AWoP's own Buderschnookie returned home after an evening of consumption and made this post, which is now in our repository. Used by AWoP members to explain (excuse?) certain uncharacterstic behaviours - see Amberwaves post from Aug. 2009

Buderschnookie Strategy: coined by AWoP's ohbrother in reference to buying Adam's CD when it's released: AWoP's Buderschnookie wrote:" ...For me a truly supportive fan would buy the single the day it is released...I know that I will buy the single the day it releases, download the album when it releases, and then decide about hard copies as more is known." In a nutshell, the Buderschnookie Strategy is to buy the single when it's released, buy the album when it's released, and decide all the 'other stuff' (like "special editions") later.

CH: shorthand version of Clackhouse, a Clay Aiken fanboard.

Cheeks: Adam’s ex, Brad Bell

claused: referring to the voting on AI - legal process by which votes are disqualified, disregarded, or thrown out to achieve a desired winner or loser. Also known as "Producer's Choice".

CMSU: Cracks my shit up

Crotchular Zone: Expression of endearment used to call the area of a person’s body that tingles with all things Adam. Credit to Buderschnookie for bringing us this most awesome coinage.

CV: Citizen Vein - the band Adam fronted, with guitarist Monte Pittman

Dadam: Adam’s Dad (coolest dad ever) Eber Lambert

Dang Dang: Chinese Nickname for Adam - "dang dang" is the Chinese character for “contemporary” or “modern” doubled. It originates from the standard English to Chinese translation of “Adam”, which is Ya Dang. To make his nickname, his Chinese fans dropped the first character and doubled the second one. Also used @Hoopla Magnet, which is a Dang Dang community. eta: Dang Dang is an endearment - shortened form of "ya-dang-lan-bo-te" which is Chinese for Adam Lambert.

Dayum: Damn!

DNW: DO NOT WANT! (emphatic)

Dradam: the pairing of Drake and Adam

ETA: edited to add

Fianlly: Finally - as per Adam's spelling on his first twitter account.

Five-head:a very big forehead, 25% bigger than the average forehead. If its too big to be a four-head it must be a five head. See David Cook and Carrie Underwood

Flying Red Ferrari: Adam

FML: F*ck my Life as per the website FML: Your everyday life stories

FOA: Friend of Adam - usually used in reference to a media person who responds positively to Adam's music and stage performance.

FOO: Fan of Others or Fans of Others (at AWoP we usually mean other idols but could be any other 'celebrity')

Frecklesexual: When you (regardless of gender or sexual preference) want to lick the freckles on his bottom lips every time you see a closeup of his mouth

FTW: For the Win!

FWIW: for what it's worth

Ginger Pits: Technically, red or light-colored armpit hair, but at AWoP it's Adam's most delicious and drool-worthy armpits.

Glamberting (see Lamberting): What your friends/family/coworkers say you are doing when you’re looking at all things Adam.

GlamBulge: Word used to describe Adam Lambert's glamorous and huge penis; also, the word used to describe the trifecta within Adam's crotchular zone, that is - the whole package and not just the one part. Sometimes used to refer to the shape or protrusion of the trifecta through pants/jeans.

Glamouflage: the act of covering up your Adam Lambert obsession around friends and family.

Glitter Jiz: What Adam makes

Glitterosexual: All that are attracted to Adam… regardless of your sex or usual sexual orientation

Glittery Alien from Planet Fierce: Adam, The term was coined by his brother Neil in his blog

GMAB: Give.Me.A.Break! (emphatically)

GNAFL Grammy-Nominated Adam Fucking Lambert

GoCheeksGo: (see Cheeks) web space for Brad Bell

Gumping: When gokey attempts to hump the mic stand like HH

HBIC: Head Bitch In Charge

HDU: How dare you!

HH: His Hotness: Adam

HM: Hoopla Magnet. A livejournal community; spinoff from ONTD_AI dedicated solely to Adam Lambert media because he is well, a "Hoopla Magnet" (you woulda got that anyway, right?)

HP: Hot Pocket: Kris Allen

Huff (the): the runner up, as per TPTB. The Huff is a maneuver that is named after probably the sweetest ever AI contestant, George Huff. It is a very nasty way of setting up the Bottom 3 on results night. Ryan divides the contestants up leaving one poor person remaining. The person is supposed to choose which group they think they belong in. Adam was The Huff the night he was asked to choose which group he belonged in (Top 5, Rat Pack week). Also used as a verb, as in "In Season 8, Adam was huffed."

I accidentally. . .: (see accidentally) I accidentally (x) -where 'x' = a noun of the poster's choice. The verb is purposely missing - left to the imagination of the reader. Generally appears on a macro to illustrate what the missing verb might be. EXAMPLE. You get it now, right?

IDEK: I don't even know (see IDK)

IDF: Idolforums.com

IDGI: I don't get it!

IDK: I don't know (see IDEK)

Idolatry: Entertainment Weekly's AI site, which does weekly commentary during the season and extended interviews with each of the finalists

IIRC: If I recall correctly, or If I remember correctly

IKR: I know, right? from the movie Mean Girls. A kind of agreement.

ILU: I love you.

IM(H)O: in my (humble) opinion

IRL: (see RL) in real life

ITA: I totally agree

IYKWIM: If you know what I mean.

Kradam: The pairing of Adam Lambert and Kris Allen

Kradam Goggles: the way of looking at something with Kradam-loving eyes (note: Kradam is Kris and Adam. Kradam Goggles - i.e. Rose-Colored-Glasses)

Kradison: Kris + Adam + Allison, the three close buddies--term used by people who like these three the best

Lamb of Goth: Adam - as in AWoP is the House of the Lamb of Goth

Lamberting (or Glamberting): What your friends/family/coworkers say you are doing when you’re looking at all things Adam.

LOL: laughing out loud

Mary Sue: A character who's just a little too perfect to be believed, usually the author's representation of herself in fanfiction. Male version? Gary Stu.

Mombert: Adam’s Mom (coolest mom ever), Leila Lambert

MTE: My thoughts exactly!

MUP: Magical Unicorn Prince aka Adam. Also, the name of the first discussion thread on AWoP

MUPpet: fan (or "pet") of the MUP. AWoP members are MUPpets

MUPpet House: residence of MUPpets aka AWoP

NAL: technically "not Adam Lambert", from Barbara Walters' "10 Most Fascinating People" story about Adam. "The winner was...Not Adam Lambert." NAL is most often used snarkastically to refer to AI8 winner Kris Allen.

Negative Neil: Adam’s brother, Neil Lambert

NGL: not gonna lie...

NSFW: Not Safe For Work, used when linking to unusual or "questionable" material or websites, of course, YMMV on what is "questionable" or not - always best to err on the side of caution.

Odalisque: As in, Odalisque pose. An odalisque (French for the original Turkish word 'odalik') is a bed chamber maid of a sultan's wife. Also, an apprentice to the concubines. They are supposed to serve and look good...that's it. The "pose" of the Odalisque -has been depicted in art: see Grande Odalisque

OIC: Oh, I see.

OMG: Oh my God!

OMFG: Oh my f*cking God!

ONTD: Oh No They Didn’t : A livejournal.com community

ONTD_AI: Oh No They Didn’t_ American Idol: A livejournal.com community

O RLY or ORLY: Oh, really? occasionally - Oh, really. (not a question)

OT: off-topic

OTT: Over the top, extreme. Some people (not on this board) use this term in a derogatory was to describe Adam's vocal runs/high note in songs like BTBW or PTFM. Generally, however, OTT is good - like Adam's (or all) Zodiac performances, which are OTT in the best way possible.

Pink Place (The): MJ's Big Blog (http://www.mjsbigblog.com) - and American Idol fan board the MUPpets occasionally visit to get a feel of what's what in the world of Idol.

Pocket Idol: Kris Allen

Pocket Rocket: the Pocket Rocket is to Kris Allen what the Glambulge is to Adam Lambert; not the trifecta, just the projectile.

PWKT: person who knows things.

RIP "username": Rest in Peace "username" - condolence expressed when a user has been banned from a discussion forum - often through boardicide - and therefore can no longer use his/her username.

RL: (see IRL) real life

RLY: (see ORLY) really! or really?

Sarver: (verb) to sarver something (after Michael Sarver AI8 #10) means to be confused or in the dark about something - can replace the word "miss" in the following sentence: "Did I miss something?" There is a long explanation to the origin of this usage. The Reader's Digest version is: Michael Sarver did something "questionable" and did not realize it - when he was twitterbombed by fans complaining about it he said "What? Did I miss something". Thus, the current usage.

Scorned!Matt: Matt Giraud

Scorned!Mole: Matt Giraud

SFC: So F*ckin' Cool. credit to AWoP's jerseytrash

SFF: Suffer for fashion - which means you dress fabulously (for the occasion) whether it's comfortable or not. credit to AWOP's ScarlettStVitus

Ship/shipper: "Ship" is short for "relationship." If you are an X and Y "shipper," that's short for "relationshipper," i.e. you want those two characters to be together. So, if you say "I ship Kradam" it means you support the relationship or pairing of Kris and Adam.

Skerd : worried, nervous, anxious, or scared. see Adam's audition, "I'm not skerd."

Snark: sarcastic commentary

Stan/Stanning: Used to describe an overinvolved fan (including us, at times), derived from the Eminem song/video

STFU: Shut the f*ck up.

STHU: Shut the hell up.

...tard: - suffix meaning overly enthusiastic (fan) - as in fantard, Kristard, Kellytard, etc.

TBH: to be honest...

TCO: The chosen one (the one TPTB want to win AI, or other reality show)

Tennison or "Tenny" :Draconian, power-mad and utterly inconsistent moderator on the AI board at Television Without Pity (see TOB).

THIS: (see WORD) expression of agreement

tl;dr: too long; do not read. In other words, feel free to scroll when you see the wall-of-text.

TMI: too much information!

TOB: The Other Board (aka TWoP)

To “Meditate” on Something: to act like a douchebag, as per Danny Gokey

TMI: too much information

TPTB: The Powers That Be (i.e., American Idol Producers, etc.)

TUI: Tweeting Under the Influence (aka Drunk Tweeting)

TWATS : lame, boring tweets according to Adam

Uncle Soy Sauce: nickname for Monte Pittman. In Chinese "just to get SOY SAUCE" has been used in all kinds of conversations from 'showing you don't care' to 'nothing happening around you can phase you'. Since Monte is calm no matter how much hot action Adam has got going on, fans call him Uncle Soy Sauce. It's almost like, OK, Adam is having major boy-on-boy or naughty or something or other but Monte just keeps his semi-poker face, all calm, standing there rocking that guitar. Find the full explanation here.

UNF: Universal Noise of Fucking

WGWG: White guy with guitar

WITWIAL: "Where in the world is Adam Lambert?" Introduced the night after the tour ended when multiple Adam sightings (at an event with Obama, at an event with Gaga, out with BF, at a hotel in Michigan) were reported via twitter all at the same time!

WORD: (see THIS) expression of wholehearted agreement, '80s-style

WRT: with regard to

WTAF: what the actual f*ck?

WTF: what the f*ck?

WTG: Way to go!

WWAD : What would Adam do?

YMMV: your mileage may vary, or you may have a different opinion

Post subject: Re: WFT? The Dictionary!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:47 am 
...hold me in my arms...

Can I post these here for consideration?

Thanks - TWATS, WWAD, AND Skerd added to the main list.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:21 am 
On the Roof

Here's some more that might be included:

Thanks,
Adamgasm, Addison, Idolatry, Kradison, SFC, Stan/Stanning have been added to the main list.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 am 
Not Theatrical Enough

We need MUP in here! :-)

And to the definition of Mary Sue, I would add: ", usually the author's representation of herself in fanfiction."

Done and done. Thanks Mary! (can't believe I forgot MUP! LOL)
cj

Post subject: Re: WTF? The Dictionary!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:53 pm 

Epic work, cadillacjackie! Can we add the Lamb of Goth to the list of Adam descriptors?

done - I also added MUPpet and MUPpet House - so thx for bringing it up...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 pm 
Penis-Oriented Gestures

I think we should start calling Neil "BroBert."

LOL I like that name - but the Dictionary is for words/phrases we use on the board. I haven't heard it used here -is that a term that is used somewhere? If not, you could start a trend :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:09 am 
I will surprise you

Well done, CJ!! I like this list. Not too many, just the right number to give a sense of community, yet not so many as to scare off the newbies.

For this one, maybe include its origin?

Glittery Alien from Planet Fierce: Adam. The term was coined by his brother Neil in his blog.

Done - and I added a link to Neil's website, too

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:10 pm 
is dessert happening?

I would think that "Glambulge" entails the whole package and not just the one part.
Meaning it's a whole trifecta!

It might be a point of (enjoyable) debate.

According to the Urban Dictionary the glambulge now has 2 meanings (like Wikipedia, it changes), so I'll update it.

Is a word used to describe Adam Lambert's glamorous and huge penis.

THE ENTIRE PACKAGE OF ADAM LAMBERTS PRIVATE PARTS. ALSO SOMETIMES REFERS TO THE SHAPE OR PROTRUSION OF THESE PRIVATE PARTS THROUGH PANTS / JEANS.

I'll update it to include the "package" but I'm going to use your word "trifecta" because it's way cooler than the boring old dictionary definition. Read it and let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 am 
Glittery Superstar

BB, it's Eminem, not M&M!

LOL! thx -it's fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 am 
and drawing lucky number one

One more for consideration:

Charmicide

This dictionary is great!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm 
is dessert happening?

The pink place- m j s big blog dot com because I know she searches for herself here.

done! - under Pink Place (The)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:09 pm 
Crawling Thru Fire

For the NAL definition, I would include its origin in that wonderful moment from Barbara Walters' "10 Most Fascinating People" story about Adam. "The winner was...Not Adam Lambert." :-)

done :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:14 pm 
Kool-Aid Chugger

I'm a newbie and couldn't find defs. here of the two words that intrigue and perplex me:

caddy & cook.

I see multiple intriguing references and haven't a clue.

???

Thanks to anyone who cares to enlighten me!

Hi - check your pm's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:12 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

getoverit wrote:
Puleeese, someone, tell me what WGWG means!?? And mods, please add it to the WTF Dictionary.

Done, bb.
~p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 pm 
...hold me in my arms...

Susan L wrote:
TUI: Tweeting Under the Influence (aka Drunk Tweeting)

done

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:38 am 
...hold me in my arms...

murly wrote:
Shouldn't it be GNAFL? Grammy-Nominated Adam Fucking Lambert? That's the only acronym I know.

added

AFGNL
MaggieMay wrote:
It's Adam Fucking Grammy Nominated Lambert.

added

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 am 
...hold me in my arms...

maddie wrote:
What's a pwkt???

Boca Babe wrote:
"Person Who Knows Things."

added