Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:11 am 
Media Maven

VH1 Divas - December 16, 2012

open2it wrote:
glammax wrote:

From the Jacob review blog posted yesterday ....one of the comments. Probably from a Glambert describing what the show sounded like from the balcony ....
Quote:
_Lilzy (@_Lilzy) says:
I was in the audience, in the middle balcony. The sound issues were horrendous – most of the time we DID not hear the sound at all upstairs – just the bass line and some roaring. For 75% of the time it sounded like a really bad night at the Viper Room. Even during the spoken moments, you could hardly hear anything. Adam saved the show from going down the tube. All had sound issues and during the commercial breaks they kept testing the sound. I think the worse problem happened when they switched the music feed from Ricky Minor’s orchestra to the instruments for Metric (which, by the way, was atrocious sounding. I still don’t know what Metric sounds like live) and then switched back to the orchestra for ROL and totally screwed Adam. Luckily for us he’s a pro at that and just rolled with the punches. Haven’t heard if they found the body of the sound tech yet, perhaps he hid it well in the basement of the Shrine :-) Oh, and I still don’t get L.A.Reid and that Paloma Faith person. No one had the slightest idea who she is and what was she doing there. And Pitbull clearly was at the wrong show. They should have just let Adam sing all the songs. He was awesome as a host and as a performer. On a final note: the Shrine needs 100% refurbishment and acoustic adjustments made inside in order to survive as a show venue. Otherwise they should just keep it as the USC’s defacto student theater.

http://jacobelyacharjournalist.com/2012 ... live-2012/

Ok. PageTurner and I were 8th row center balcony and I corroborate everything this poster says about the sound. I honestly couldn't hear the vocalists well over the rumble and roar of the "music" most of the time, Adam included. I haven't offered my 'review' here on Main because I don't think it would be well received and it IS the holiday season, so I'm not looking for fights. ;) Basically, though, I thought the show came off like X-Factor:over-produced, under-rehearsed and kinda karaoke styled.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:14 am 
Media Maven

VH1 Divas
December 16, 2012
glitterbert wrote:
My recaps are never the most colorful, but I was asked about the experience, so thought I'd put it here.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Even the bad stuff had an element of excitement to me, maybe just because I knew there was Adam, Adam, and more Adam. Some of the performances were lackluster – Paloma, Kelly, Metric (though I didn’t mind Heart of Glass as much as others did). Still, I just loved being there--after I got over the fact that my seat felt like it was almost behind the stage.

It was a young, diverse crowd. There were lots and lots of teens, and 20s getting off at the bus stop in front. I think iota did a good job getting the seats filled. Whether it gained Adam any fans, I couldn’t say. The crowd seemed responsive, but the biggest cheers were definitely for Miley (whom I loved!) and Demi.

I had read on Yelp that the Shrine acoustics were awful, so I’m not surprised to hear open2it and others mention that. It's rally a shame that it was such a lousy experience in the balcony. On the floor, I didn’t have a problem with the sound. I still have not watched the telecast, so my impressions are from the far, far, far right of the auditorium. The Shrine holds 6,400 and it is a very wide theatre, not deep. Mine was not a good spot for performance viewing, and the big screen was almost over my head, so that wasn’t much help. I could see it all, but it felt distant. The catwalk, where a lot happened, was far away and was obscured by heads; I got the top half of everything. I had a better view when the performances were on the main stage. The big plus to my location was that Adam’s hosting duties were right in front of me. I got a nice side, back-side view. :)

This picture is just after he swept his arm across gesturing to our area, and said “Glamberts?” (maybe he said “My Glamberts?”), and then he gave this little wave. It was a sweet gesture.
Here are a couple more all from an iPhone. There are plenty of better ones out there.
Blurry, but you can really see the studs on the side of his pants.

Adam fans were primarily in the same spot, but on opposite sides of the theatre. There were many more on the left side. If you’ve seen Lee’s photo, that is from the left side. Band and back-ups were on my side, and they got mildly mobbed when they came in. Luckily for them, there were fewer fans on that side. Someone asked me how they responded to Adam, and I couldn’t tell you as I never thought to turn around and look. :/

Let's Dance was a rousing start to the show. It really was thrilling to see Adam up there backed by all the dancing and production, especially knowing what a big part he was going to play throughout. The Donna Summer medley was a highlight as has been noted many places. You could tell that something was off with ROL, but it was unclear what or why at the time. I was a bit gob-smacked by the Illuminati tunic. In the moment I felt like it detracted from his performance, but that was probably just me. I do love the look of it in pictures.

Adam seemed relaxed and professional. It was a huge responsibility to keep the show moving. My obvious bias says he was superb. The reviews seem to bear that out. IJLHSFM, so about being impartial . . . probably never gonna happen.

The after party was low-key. Mostly schmoozing, boozing, and eating. There wasn’t a lot of dancing, though the deejay was good. She did play FYE and we were thrilled and dancy. lisaloopner posted a short video on twitter of a young violinist who jammed with the deejay’s tracks. As Lisa said, “She was mesmerizing.” While she was playing, Adam came into the party from the back. That is why some of us missed him, or at least his entrance. I never saw him until he got up to leave. I was told there was a kiss/kissing. One picture began making the rounds within minutes. Ngl, I was glad for that and did gawk.

That was about it for me. We decompressed afterward at SusanL and nic’s awesome hotel room. I love hanging with the AWoPers. Much as I loves me some Adam Lambert, you all are the value-added at these events. Heart eyes.