Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Queen + Adam July 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:15 am 
Media Maven

London - Hammesrmith Apollo. July 11, 12 &14
legers wrote:
On the train back home and finally have some time to compose some thoughts about the whole experience. It took so much organisation, kindness of family and friends and dogged persistance to get to London. I work full time and run my own business in my own time - and because I was the only manager available to supervise an office move of over 100 people, I was booked to fly back on Friday to oversee the move and then fly back down to London the same evening so I could go to the Saturday show. I share this because I am clearly in the BSC and invested end of the fandom continuum. You may want to read this post with that in mind...

I am really glad that my overall cray meant that I went to all 3 shows. I found the evolution of Queenbert as a cohesive whole really fascinating and wonderful - as was the palpable feeling of joy which rolled off them. I loved GNT but this was something special and will remain the kind of memory that finds you smiling to yourself in quieter moments. Anyway, some random collection of thoughts:

- as the week went on the audiences were increasingly engaged - on the Wednesday you could feel the 'unknown quantity' feeling amongst the Queen fans at the start (although Adam reeled them in quickly - often to their own amazement). By Saturday, the audience was in a state of high excitement before the show even started and it just built and built. If happiness and joy could be bottled, that would have been the night to do it.

- Adam's voice. How does he do it? Just thinking about WWTLF brings me out in goosebumps. if anyone didn't enjoy it - then truly- sorry for your life. And I mean that kindly.

- I couldn't believe how close I was to the stage when I was in GA and how good our view was. Yay for sloping floors even if they do your back in. Wearing platform shoes on a sloping floor, while effective, should come with a health warning for hip joints.

- thank you to the couple in row A on Saturday who stayed seated almost the entire show and who provided us with a completely unobstructed view of the stage. I'm sure you will get your reward in the next life. I'd be happy to reward you in this one:)

- Adam's beauty is really extraordinary in person. Sometimes when you see the photos, you think, maybe it's just that the camera loves him. Well it may well do, but he glows from the inside out and it makes it hard to look away. When he's on stage, I develop that rapt and rapturous expression you so often see.

- I know some unkind words were said in reviews about the middle section when Adam was off the stage, but I really enjoyed that part. Firstly Brian, Roger and the rest of them can really play, and secondly, you could feel their enjoyment, and thirdly Queen songs are f----ing fabulous.

- I feel really, really lucky to have been there. For all you going the one off shows this month - I wish I could join you. I think Adam is beginning to comprehend his power and this next period will be fascinating for his fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:56 am 
Media Maven

Fan recap - wordwinx
Queen + Adam Lambert at the Hammersmith Apollo, London / 11 July 2012
http://archiveofourown.org/works/460723