Post subject: Promo - 2012
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm 
Media Maven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm 
Media Maven

Alice Radio Infusion Lounge Mini Concert March 28, 2012
open2it wrote:
THE MEETING
Yesterday there was a monsoon but today the weather cooperated and I actually got there before Sue! I chatted it up with two women in front of me in line(after I asked one of them if her name was Sue *g*) and we shared stories of our crazy fan travels from former fandoms. (She is a Donny Osmond fan, but never mind about that.) Taking a survey of those in line, I saw mostly women. There was one pair of young, tattooed and body-pierced dudes right behind us. They were cool and one of them, hearing us all talk, asked, “How do you all KNOW each other?!?” BWAH! I heard someone saying my name and looked up to do that thing we fans do—meet someone in person for the first time although we’ve “known” each other for a while online. Hi, Sue!

Chat, chat. Then someone called attention to the fact that Adam was standing on the corner! OMG! He had just gotten out of the car and was shaking hands with radio peeps. He saw us in line and waved (might’ve said hi, but I can’t remember!) He looked long, lean, dressed in black and some of us noticed that he had “cleaned up” a bit from his last radio interviews. Hair all coiffed again, clothes just so….sigh. That smile. Then he was whisked away around the corner and we went back to waiting.

THE DATE
They finally let us in the building. In the line radio peeps had come by to give us the bad news that not everyone would get a meet and greet, and to give out papers for us to fill out for the M&G drawing and some paper on which to write a question if we want to. So at the door Sue got her name checked off a list and I just said, “I’m with her.” and we walked in to the lounge part of the venue. Inside was really nice--classy. Great ambiance. Staff even walked around passing out appetizers! We lined up along the bar and settled in for yet another wait while Adam did his sound check on the other side of some double doors.

I got a text from Lisa asking where we were and telling me that she and Mary were at the end of the bar. Since I was also standing at the end of the bar, I looked down the length of it, searching for a tall person and there was Lisa! We waved and waited. From time to time, some staff person would open the door and we’d catch of glimpse of his gorgeousness, perhaps a lovely note or two. Some VIPS went in, making us grumpy-- the natives were getting restless, folks—especially knowing that once we did get in, we were in for MORE standing.

FOREPLAY
Finally, they opened the doors to the room where the concert was going to be, and I found myself getting…jostled (to put it mildly) as we all headed for the front. After some more jostling for position, I was able to plant my feet behind one shorter person at the front rope and next to the side rope where the djs were set up.

The djs started some blah-blah with the crowd, asking us questions about Adam. They seemed amazed that we knew all the answers, but c’mon…seriously? What’s Adam’s birthday? What’s his mother’s name? Where was he born? I mean, do they not know what the word “stan” means? or “Glambert?” Puh-leeze. Then they pulled the names of the lucky beeyotches who would get a meet and greet with Adam (each could take a friend) out of a bucket. EEEE’s and OMG’s ensued. When the djs told us to be really loud when Adam came in, I just thought….well DUH! Still, they insisted on doing some dry humps….er dry runs, and so we exercised our moans and guhs disguised as cheers. ;)

PURE SEX
He walked in.

Slim, thin…legs long and skinny…face, gah….the face…omg, the face. His skin looked better than I’ve ever seen in a picture. He was purely perfect in a dirty, beautifully naughty way. He was wearing eyeliner, but it was very tastefully done. God, that smile. “Hey, guys! Thank you…wow…thank you”. His hair was perfect. He was wearing…”life’s a tunic!” over some black distressed jeans/pants and those python boots he seems to have a fetish for. He had on lots of rings and a grey scarf I don’t remember having seen before. And he made the room crackle with electricity. Honestly, the man has a power—just by being who he is. JFC, that smile.

He sat down and immediately everything seemed so real and relaxed. He is truly in his element when he’s on a stage (even a little one like this one today). He’s calmly confident and casual—as though we were all just hanging around with him in his living room. The djs talked with him and he laughed and listened and talked with lots of hand waving and facial expression…his eyebrows and that smile working all the time. He often looked around at the crowd, really looking carefully around, catching eyes of different people. He might be acting, but it really seems that he’s taking in the faces, taking note of those he can see.

I was in heaven just watching him interact with everyone, joking and answering questions. I was watching his eyes. They’re bigger than they’ve ever seemed to me via pictures. Wide and big and inviting. Warm and welcoming. Light but not a specific color. He made me feel comfortable, yet wired and aroused all at the same time. I noticed the tunic covered him (rats!) so I really cannot make an up-close-and-personal report of anything of a more intimate nature. ;) Besides, his face had me mesmerized.

The djs asked questions we’ve heard before…but he always seem so engaged in the “conversation’, answering exactly the same way as in countless times before, but with expressiveness and interest as though it was the first time hearing the question. Amazing.

THE VOICE: OH! SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE, AT LAST I’VE FOUND THEE!
Time for a song. He was definitely HBIC for BTIKM! He first made sure the sound guys took care of a couple of things for him—more reverb and to turn down the speakers in front of him, then he started softly. In the vids posted, you can see him hand signaling to Tommy to get softer in beginning, then he waved his hand later to get more guitar. Still later he mouthed to the sound man “I can’t hear him”, motioning to Tommy. But none of that directing took away from his immersion in the song itself. His voice was flawless—again. Sweet and soft; then edgy and powerful. Singular.

Trespassing…GREAT! Really hot breathing and sexy side glances. I Iove how he does little things each time he sings the same song to make it different. Afterwards he was talking about the song and he said, “ It’s kind of an anthem, huh? For anybody who’s ever had somebody tell them ‘no’”—I know I thought of what I’d read about Ryan commenting on the song seeming like Adam was angry at pop music or the public not accepting him? He might not have read or heard that Ryan said that, but he seemed to make a point of making that statement about TP

He laughed when the dj mentioned how the internet was hopping with Adam’s version of “Part of Me’…He also said Pink is a celebrity who, to him, seems really grounded and who’s found a way to live with celebrity. Said he listens to his own songs and sings them a lot around the house. The dj said it’s too hard to sing those notes…he said it doesn’t matter, that they’re still great for shower or driving singing. He said Sauli always tells him to STOP! TURN IT OFF! PLEASE SING SOMETHING ELSE!

Everything was just really fun and easy…just chatting with Adam Lambert. I was trying not to be too blatant about my staring but my god, he’s beautiful. His features, his countenance…he oozes charisma, warmth and GOOD. I just kept thinking, “He’s so much handsomer than any of his pictures.”

“Wanna hear another song?” Hell yeah! I saw him mouth “Cuckoo” to Tommy. And away we went! It was so much fun to sing out “Cuckoo” with him at those parts. We did it ourselves for the first few times and then finally he raised his arm to make sure we did for the very last one. He was having fun with the song, making faces and emphasizing “cocked” in “cocked and ready to go” and basically being awesome. And then it was over.

AFTERGLOW
Sigh…three songs and some good conversation…standing very close to him for a long time. It was wonderful and I didn’t even mind not getting a meet and greet. In fact, the woman who kinda pushed past me for that front spot and who got one of the M&Gs ended up being with us when we had a drink in the bar afterwards, and she said it was soooo quick. She didn’t even get an individual hug…he just opened his arms to put around two people at a time for a picture and then it was time for the next two people.

We got thrown out (nicely) of the bar cuz it was closing, and we were standing around outside deciding what to do, where to go for lunch. Then someone said, “Uh…the car Adam came in is still parked there, guys.” Then we noticed a few people milling around the building exit near the car. So we sorta edged closer…He actually stayed inside a long time after the concert. We think he was schmoozing with the radio peeps and we hope they were planning for him to come to one or both of those summer concerts Mary talked about!

I stayed close to the building and soon a guy came out carrying Tommy’s guitar and put it in the car. Then Tommy came out (BTW, he seems much more animated and smiley this time on stage than I’ve seen him up til now.) and then there was Adam—moving fast on those long, lean legs, but saying “Hey, guys!” and “thank you”, and waving, etc. One woman gave him a bag with a present in it…and Sue got to shake his hand and then he was in the car and gone.

I just can’t get over how ridiculously good looking he is in person. He takes my breath away. I expected him to be LIKE his pictures, but….he’s simply unfairly beautiful. As I said to someone afterwards, I bet Sauli can’t keep his hands off of him! God knows I wouldn’t if I were the lucky one he called his “love”. sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm 
Media Maven

San Jose, CA March 29, 2012
SB1965 wrote:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Just back from meeting Adam. I'm not great with descriptions etc, but I'll try. It was a very small group, maybe only 20 people? They wouldn't let anyone else in, so my friend from Seattle had to wait outside, but it actually turned out ok for her. Tell you about the later. And I will be posting the videos shortly.

He was wearing those light gray/green pants, the green leather jacket, black shirt which I think had a skull on it, and his hat. He was heading to the airport afterwards, and said he was really tired:( .

I was in the front row!! He was 8 feet in front of me. Started off with questions and all of my questions were asked, lol. I don't even remember what I asked. I asked him the question about if he sees lights in his head when he sings, (someone here wanted to know about that). He said, no, lol. He said maybe only when the lights hit off of the glitter on his eyes he'll see some lights in his head when he sings. I asked him if Sauli ever sings to him and he said, yes, sometimes. And he said they have some private songs that they sing to each other, but he wouldn't say what they were. Someone asked if he ever skinny dipped or streaked. He said he's sure he streaked before, I think he said no skinny dipping. He talked about food, his family. He said that Sonisphere was cancelled and he was sad about that but that they will try to do something else in the future. I asked him if they might do something in July, somewhere else in England and I think he said he wasn't sure, but maybe. She ask him my questions also about his worst habits (he said food), any pet peeves (he said he didn't like ignorant people and people that claim they know facts but really dont.)

The DJ asked him who would take longer if they both got out of the shower together, lol. His answer was funny. I have it on video. He said him, he needs more help getting ready than her:) After the first round of questions he said he was going to move closer to us, because he felt too far away and then he had the guys turn off the mike. So he sang BTIKM and WWFM without the mike, it was GREAT and right in front of me!! He looked at everyone in the room:)

Then more questions, someone asked him about the songwriting process, they talked about his biggest supporter and he said mom and dad, and started talking about the music etc. that he listened to when he was a kid, (his dads stuff), he talked about how excited his dad got when Adam discovered all the rock stuff. Then the DJ asked him about the Sonisphere and he was sad and said it got cancelledL:( He said he was bummed about it but also said that maybe later he and Queen will get together and do something else. I asked him if they were looking to do something in July at like another venue and he said that'd be cool. Then I asked him if they'd ever cancelled Sonisphere before but he didn't know.

Then the DJ asked him what kind of music he likes to listen to he talked about he really was into pop, MJ and Madonna. He talked about about his last album being over the top and then about this new album being more funky. The DJ asked him when it's coming out and he said May 16th!! He corrected himself really quickly, lol and we all corrected him too!

After the the DJ asked him about the Bruno Mars song and he said YEA, we're gonna sing it now. But then he was talking to Tommy and bit and they didn't sing it, he sang WWFM instead. Before he sang it though, he started talking about birds and doing a bird medly lol. No clue why he started talking about birds, lol, it was funny. After that he sang WWFM acoustic, it was awesome!

After that, more talking. The DJ was gonna wrap things up but Adam wanted us to ask him more questions, lol.Someone asked him about cooking, he talked about going to Trader Joes and getting precooked meals, someone asked him his favorite lyric that he wrote and he said, "before you break you have to shed your armour, take a trip and fall into the glitter", then the kid told Adam that his favorite lyric was, "you're soul will be ok" and Adam said, awwww, wish I had written that one, lol and everyone laughed.someone asked him how his finnish was and he said not very good, then he said a long line in finnish and we asked him what he said, and he said "I just cursed" LMAO!! HE said it's a hard language and then he talked about meeting Madonna. My friend then asked him about improve and if he does it on the fly or if he practises it, he said its mainly on the fly, some is rehearsed and some he screws up, lol. Someone asked him if he'll ever sing Can't let you go, but he said he's into the new album is over the old album, said it's a hard song to sing. Someone asked him if he ever went to Coachella and he has but he hated the big crowd. He talked about some of his favorite bands, Muse, Casabian, Semi Precious Weapons. That was about it.

Then we did INDIVIDUAL photos!!! OMG!!!! I was third to go up, I shook his hand, told him it was so nice to finally meet him. I put my arm around his waist, and I think he had his arm around me. All of of sudden he started laughing and bent over (taking me with him, EEEEEEEEEEEE!!), lol. Don't know what happened. All I know is that I got a little extra time with my arm around him and his around me. Then they took the picture, I don't even remember if I smiled, lol. Then before I left, I asked him for a hug and held my arms open and he bent right down and gave me a hug!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! LOL!

Then we went downstairs to find my friend from Seattle who wasn't able to come in. And she told us that after the group had all gone inside, that Adam came and she was able to say hi and talk to him quickly and he promised to come back out afterwards!!

Sooooooooooo, he DID come out with Tommy and some lady (not the short mean lady with the short hair,but another nicer lady) and we got to shoot the shit with Adam and Tommy for like TEN FRICKEN MINUTES!!!! OMGGGGG!!! So I was talking with Tommy and asked him if he had eaten. He said no,and I told him he couldv'e gottena burrito up there coz they fed us Una Mas. I didn't eat anything though, lol, didn't want to smell like onions next to Adam. I had two pics of Tommy that I had taken myself and blown up and I had him sign those. He loved them. He was very talkative and smiley. When I met him in Sacramento on tuesday he seemed depressed and sad that day. I think he thought it was cool that I had something for him to sign and was talking with him.THEN, I went over to Adam, lol. I had a picture from Nokia in LA that I had taken and blown up. He signed that for me and told me that his hair was HORRIBLE that day, lol. He was sooooooo sweet and nice. We were so lucky coz if the mean lady had been with him, there is no way she would've let him hang around with us like that.

After that, he left and went straight to the San Jose airport to fly home to his love:)

That's my story girls/guys. It's been a GREAT day, a GREAT week. I finally got to meet Adam and get a hug and talked to him a LOT!!!! I'm just on cloud 9 right now, haven't come down yet.

I posted some pics on FB. I'm going to work on the videos right now. I'm so appreciative of the fact I was able to meet Adam and see him perform twice up close like that. And to actually talk to him and shoot the shit! Who would've thought!!

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLtcRJzrYiY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:59 pm 
Media Maven

lisaloopner wrote:
SCROLL ALERT: this is long and personal!

Recap of 3/28 Bertfest with Adam and Mary: Radio Alice 97.3 (noon-ish) and STAR 101.3 (6:00 ish)

I think I’m finally ready to write about it. I got up at 7:45 that morning and put in my contacts in the vain hope of looking as nice as possible for meeting Adam, but I’m too old to see well on my phone with my contacts, so tweeting was a bit *challenging* and posting here in real time was out of the question. I was happy to see so many guys in line at the Alice show. And it was a very long line, at least 120 people, I’d say. After I’d recorded a bit, my phone filled up. So that was the end of video for the day. Anyway someone always does better videos than I do.

Open2it’s recap of the Alice show was lovely and I don’t have much to add to it, except this: I had two margaritas in line, haha. To take the edge off, so to speak. Every nerve in my body was tingling in anticipation, even after we heard the hard news that only 10 berts would get to meet him. Also, I’m 6 ft tall and was only about 10 people back from Adam but still couldn’t see him very well, as the stage didn’t seem to be raised. Tommy was completely invisible to me. Mary was tucked in front of me, behind a guy who was even taller than me . . . so there were logistical issues.

After the Alice show, we had lunch with Open2it and a few other berts, and then we went shopping where I tried on a bangin’ $384 coat. I’ve splurged before after a few drinks on expensive and fashion-forward items that I regretted later after I moved out of the alcohol-inspired free-and-easy feeling sexay headspace and back into the repressed anxious place I usually inhabit, so I passed. But here it is:

Source:
http://www.desigual.com/desigual/browse ... SizeArray=

After shopping, Mary and I walked over to meet EricM and his friend at our favorite gay bar Deco for the second show. Then we all walked over to the second show venue, a comedy club on the second floor of a movie multiplex. I’d been carrying the special bottle of red wine that I hoped to give Adam all day and it was hella heavy. We stood in line with one of Eric’s friends, a drag queen named Persia who was wearing a leopard catsuit and a hat, and then I left to find the bathroom. I got kind of lost in a fairly empty hallway for a little bit, and then a miracle occurred. A door opened at the end of the hall and Adam and Tommy walked in. My palms got sweaty and heart started racing just typing those words and reliving the moment. I totally ignored Tommy, which was terrible, I know. Adam was on his phone. I said “Hi, Adam!” and we started walking together. I thanked him for the Alice show and said he sounded terrific. He said his lovely “Aww, thank you!” Then I asked if he could accept a bottle of wine. He said he wasn’t drinking, which I think was a little white lie to spare my feelings, as he had told the DJ that morning that he wasn’t on the wagon anymore. (So Buder, you were right in the end.) I whipped out the bottle to show him the cool gold embossed Relentless label which he said he liked, and I said how the name reminded me of him and that my adoptive father was a master Sonoma winemaker . . . and then I said I’d just get the tattoo of the logo. He laughed. We had come to an elevator at that point, so we said goodbye, and he got into the elevator and went up to the comedy club. I drifted back to the line, awash in a haze of feelings, and told everybody what had just happened. The feelings took a long time to sort out. Now I think this: when these bizarre opportunities happen, you have a split nanosecond to decide how to seize the moment. I used to be a wine buyer and I did brief sabbatical at a winery during the crush season years ago, and I have deep feelings about wine in general and my father’s wine in particular. In retrospect, my first priority was to thank Adam with a meaningful gift. I had to laugh at myself for how I wanted to combine these two obsessions, though. I’m sure you’re all shaking your own heads at me. And then about 8 hours later I was absolutely miserable that I had interrupted him on his phone. What if he was texting the birthday boy Sauli? Oh lordy. I should have kept my mouth shut and just watched him go by.

STAR 101.3 let us up to the comedy club where something like 8 long tables were arranged perpendicular to the raised stage. There was a buffet of wonderful fried things and a cash bar with giant drinks. Mary and I were amazed that we had no appetite. Later I realized that we had just eaten lunch a few hours back, haha! We sat at the end of the center table below the stage, but we were on the end furthest from the stage. Great view. After the show we were photographed with Adam but I don’t recall one single thing about it. Not his arm around me or whether I put my arm around him. It literally was 15 seconds and then we were out of the club.

We walked back to the gay bar and upstairs to the dressing room where the drag queens dress and make up for their shows. EricM’s best friend is a queen named Ginger Snap. We knew Ginger was dressing for his performance that evening as Adam (in a total coincidence with Adam’s appearance). It’s the second time I’ve seen Ginger do Fever and IIHY as Adam. It’s atypical for drag queens to do men . . . and Ginger does a really nice job. And he’s such a love. We drove to the bar where the performance was to take place. First we stopped for lox and bagels. At this point it’s about 10 PM and I was in a state of total conflict about the day. I talked with Mary and EricM about my strange sadness and they helped me process it. Mary remembered Buder’s similar experience with her first M&G. I could relate. For me it was not “Is this ALL there is?” It was more “Is this WHAT it is?” overlaid with sadness that Adam has to do this type of promo, where people sit or stand weirdly motionless in their seat while he sings, and DJs and fans ask dumb questions. And he had done three shows that day when he could have been celebrating with Sauli.

With Mary and Eric’s help, I finally I reconciled my unconscious expectations with reality and then I felt just so happy to have experienced Adam’s heartstopping beauty and sex appeal, his poise in the face of dumb questions, his obvious joy while performing, and his authenticity under less-than-optimal conditions. I was most surprised at how truly funny many of his responses were! We’ve talked before about his awesome sense of comedic timing but I really got it this time. One of the funniest moments was at the end of the STAR show when he asked the audience for questions. Of course I couldn’t get a word out of my mouth though I had carefully copied and pasted all questions you guys had posted recently. A woman who had managed to talk her way into the show without a ticket asked him, “How can I meet you?” He got really close to the mike and said a polysyllabic “Hello” in a deep, throaty voice. The audience roared. I said to Mary, “That girl needs to be put to sleep.” Later we saw how drunk she was. The moral of the story is: if you don’t win a radio show contest, go anyway and walk down the line asking if anybody has a spare plus one or ask the radio station to let you in. I know 4 people who got in this way. A secondary moral might be to not drink to maximize your ability to remain present for all the little details, including the light touch of his arm on your back.

In the end, I bounced and danced and sang with Ginger-as-Adam, hugged and kissed him and freely projected all my fantasy feelings for Adam right onto him. Which was nice for me. Hope Ginger didn’t mind too much. Got home at around 1 AM. What an epic day.

Ginger as Adam:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:37 pm 
Media Maven

open2it wrote:
Okay....Look, you guys....I've never been accused of being succinct, so please....DO scroll at will. What follows is my attempt to capture my experience Thursday night.

HE’S COCKED AND READY TO GO

I’m not going to go into all the logistical maneuvering I stumbled through in order to be at Adam’s Kimmel mini concert appearance. That’s interesting only to me, no doubt, although the poor AWoP women who hung with me in Hollywood had to hear riveting details as I worked through my money/travel issues in order to rationalize my being there! (Hugs to SB1965 and her two buddies, lisaloopner & Eric, boy3girls0 and glitterbert!) I’ll just cut to the quick:

Adam Lambert is a fucking star. He’s on a precipice. You can feel it in the air when he comes on stage. You can see it in his face—a face, by the way, that has never looked better, with a smile that has never seemed more genuine and reflective of an inner happiness and joy that you can’t help but feel when you look at him. He exudes confidence, a healthy ego and self-assurance, and you feel that he’s welcoming you into his wonderful world. He seems truly ecstatic to be there with you and he covers the entire stage to make sure every single person there feels that he’s delivering his party invitation personally.

But what about his clothes, you ask? His hair? Was he wearing his medges? I honestly can’t remember the boots. The first thing I noticed was that his tight black leather pants didn’t seem to have a visible zipper. This observation, of course, demanded further study before confirmation, so I made sure that I gave this particular area of his couture my closest attention throughout the concert. (It’s true: no zipper—a fact that makes me squirmy imagining him getting into and out of those pants.) The leather jacket and pants were the hottest of hot, and I thought that they looked very Skingraft-y, but I don’t know. I do know that he was long, lean and fit, and totally glamorous and hot in a very chic and edgy way. Beautiful.

(Ongoing study of the zipper question at this time was complicated by another hypothesis: commando? gawd Post-concert discussion had the majority of those offering opinions leaning towards ‘yes’. gawd)

But honestly, that voice. The VOICE. He seemed to be in the mood to not only strut his physical stuff, but to impress with his vocal prowess as well. Let’s examine said vocal prowess:

During “Broken English” (which has slithered/skyrocketed from languishing as my next-to-least liked snippet to now vibrating sexily in my top four) after the ‘bridge of aaaaahs’ near the end, he seems to want to mess with the scripted notes by shattering some new ceilings of human ability. He was sooooo into that song, as I’m sure you’ve gathered from watching the videos a few thousand times. He warned us during the song’s intro. He TOLD us that he was now going to delve into the ‘sex-ay’…and I remember thinking, “Huh? Sex-ay and Broken English? Huh?” Because folks, lemme tell ya that I’d never associated that song with sex other than my knowing it was referring to his relationship with Sauli—a relationship that never fails to bring sex to mind. But the song itself being sexy?

Uh. Yeah. At least it was Thursday night and will be, Universe willing, every fucking time he performs this song. Hell, just knowing he’ll perform this one song will be worth whatever ticket price he charges and all the expenses involved in attending the concert!

And yes—he did flick the tip of his unfettered penis when he sang the words, “just the tip” during BE. Yes, he did. I was so shocked that I had to look back at the area where Adam’s family and friends were sitting up on a small raised stage to see what, if any, reaction his mother and father were showing. But I can’t report on that because as soon as I turned my head away from Adam I came to my senses and whipped it back to where my eyes could see what else he might do to his body. He didn’t disappoint, did he? His hands just seemed to repeatedly gravitate to his crotch, and nobody—least of all, moi--was complaining.

You’ve no doubt watched all the vids, so I’ll not bore you with a song-by-song deconstruction, but let me mention "Naked Love". This is the song that, from the snippets, sat at the bottom of my “like” list. And although I can appreciate it more after hearing it live, I didn’t get gobsmacked by its wonderfulness the way I did by BE. The best part of this song for me was Adam’s obvious joy of performing it, especially his excitement from the audience singing along with him on the “Oh-oh-oh…ohohohoh—ooooh oh oh, Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!” Go on—look at the end of the song again a few times. He’s almost giddy with happiness as he leads us and encourages us to join the singing party. He laughs and laughs and it’s so fucking REAL and he’s so fucking PRESENT and in the moment and he LOVES it all so much—the singing and performing and that infinity send/return with the audience of love and gratitude and JOY. It’s infectious and delightful and warm and fuzzy and hot and sweaty and soooo, sooooo good!

If I had to say anything non-berty about the concert, I’d say that while listening to things there, I sometimes thought the mix of Adam’s voice and the background voices was uneven and/or the background parts weren’t always quite “right” to my ears. (And listening to the videos, I still think so.) Of course, the crowd was yelling so loudly during some of Adam’s wails that it was tough to always hear HIM, but that’s part of the buzz of being there, you know?

The band? I thought Isaac kicked ass on drums and Ashley looked like a beautiful alien (per glitterbert or boys3) with those wild, shiny gold tights. Tommy did just fine on guitar, although I’m not musically trained enough to give any real critique of his skills. He dyed his hair a reddish color, which was a little change, but one thing he didn’t change was his head bobbing/swinging. So bizarre. He reminds me of those little dog figurines people set in front of the back window behind their car back seat that bob their heads with the motion of the car! :D (But his post-concert tweet made me kinda fall in love with him *g*) Love the “VaJayJays”—they’re really into the whole gig and do their own dancing thing, along with some choreographed moves (although I hope the harmonies tighten up a bit) The musical director/keyboard player seems like a cool dude. He’s into the music when he plays and I was surprised to see that he too provided background vocals. (I actually think that it was his vocal part that sometimes sounded a bit off to me, but I could be totally wrong here.) All in all, the band sounded pretty damned fine for their first real outing and I have no doubt that they’ll only get better.

But I must end this tome by coming back to Adam Fucking Lambert. I cannot think of another current celebrity in any genre—film, stage, music, television, etc.---that is the ‘complete package” that he is. He is unquestionably a vocalist beyond compare. Yes, I’m a fan, but I’m so confident of this that unless someone can actually produce a challenger and put them in a song-for-song contest that proves otherwise, I’ll continue to stand by that statement. He can sing with heartbreaking, soft sweetness and then, in a breath of a second, blast notes that make you shudder in all the best ways. He can make a vocal run trickle effortlessly through octaves and can infuse such feeling in every.single.note that his voice feels like nubile fingers fluttering over your naked skin in the dark. That voice can make you want to cry out--if for no other reason than as a physical release of all the FEELING it creates in you. It's almost too much, too much. But then when the last note is done, you know it wasn’t enough. You'll always need more.

And his body language when he sings. Everything in concert, everything the way it should be. He’s telling us a story, not only with the words, but also with his eyes, his sneers and sideways glances, those eyebrow lifts and sly grins. And I’ll beat the dead horse: his smile is uniquely powerful. He kills me dead with it every time. And Thursday night that smile seemed to be almost bursting with genuine love and appreciation, and every time he flashed it I felt blessed.

He warned us that he's on a mission with his body language in “Trespassing” when he sang “walk that walk like you don’t give a fuck”; he stroked us with it in “Broken English” as he teased us into hotter fantasies still; and he put an exclamation on that warning in the very last song, “Cuckoo” when he thrust his crotch forward and held it there in profile, singing, “I’m cocked and I’m ready to go!” And although I was, at that moment, more ready to come than go, I do believe he was telling the truth.

He IS ready to go. On to even bigger stardom and recognition. We’ve always understood the magic. After seeing and hearing Adam so beautifully debut ‘his baby’—Trespassing and Era 2---with such confidence, excitement and obvious pride and love, I can’t help but believe that it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the world understands it, too.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:43 pm 
Media Maven

lisaloopner wrote:
Though I was about 100th in line, the security people lined us up in such a way that I somehow wound up in the center, third row, with Eric in front of me. I'd always been about 25-30 people away from Adam during GNT, so I was dying when he came onstage and seemed to be close enough to touch. Glitterbert said I had a rapturous look on my face when she looked over at me--she was with Open2it and Boys3, roughly parallel to me and to the left. Boy, we got lucky. When the turned on the lights before Adam came out, I was shocked at how HOT it got! I thought the big lady to my left might pass out. I took off my jacket and thought I had my valuables secured in its pockets, but right before the first song I looked down and all my cash was lying on the ground at my feet. (Remember we couldn't bring in purses.) We were packed in like sardines, and I was already mortified for the people behind my 6-foot frame, so I dropped down and gathered everything up into a ball in my jacket, which I then held in a death grip for the rest of the concert. I tried at one point to record video with one hand, but I was shaking so badly from excitement that the results are laughable. Pics were out of the question.

But I could SEE. The whole tip-flicking incident. I gasped, Eric whipped around with wild eyes, and later said, "That was SO DIRTY!" He's not naive in the least, but he was shocked at the carnal nature of that gesture. We talked later about how we wished we could know what was scripted and what was impromptu. The word that keep coming to mind for this era so far--the clothes, his look, his gestures, his new makeup, his moves, the singers--is EDITORIAL. Like when Nina Garcia says a look on PR is editorial, meaning it will shoot well, will tell a cohesive story, will be an arresting visual image. Has been developed all along to meet these criteria. Maddie might relate to this. So yes, we experienced his smexy show, but what's even sexier to me is that we got to get a tour of the inside of his head. He's either an artistic genius for putting together the whole package, or he's got brilliant advisors. Or some stitch work of the two.

I didn't notice the rest of the band. Period. So ridic of me.

I also do this thing during moments of perfection, like Broken English. I think to myself that this is Perfect, I don't need to ever see this again. I probably don't need to see the tour now. And then I came to my senses (again!) and realize that of course I will go. And go. And go.

P.S. I had to laugh at the new leather pants by the end of the show: their skintightness did not hold up in the back and he had a diaper butt at the end of the concert just like I always get. He must have been quite warm. He left the stage with a water bottle and a small black hand towel. I had never seen the over-the-knees medges before.

ETA: I burst into tears at the end of Broken English.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 pm 
Media Maven

GMA May 14, 2012
maeve94 wrote:
Hello my people!!!

I have not caught up on the board, or on videos, interviews and reviews from today but wanted to post about this morning's event. Using the standard AWoP Chapter format for a tl/dr post, here goes:

The Prologue
I discovered last night that my phone wouldn't charge. By this morning it was about 90% dead, not to be revived. A bad thing turned out to be a good thing. More on that later.

Arrival
I left home at about 7:30 and took the subway to Times Square, got off and walked the two blocks to the GMA studios. I expected rows of people swarming the street. Instead, I was able to walk right up to the large window, directly behind Brian's keyboard rig. Almost immediately I spotted Adam near a back entrance to the studio. I didn't have a great view at the time, but could see his hair. There were about 20 or so guests in the studio, standing around, along with all the production people.

The Crowd
The biggest group was gathered near the corner, where they were in on-camera shots. Next to me was an older lady and two young Japanese girls, as well as a couple from Texas who I chatted with. All of a sudden I was jostled, and a big guy was hanging over me, with his very professional camera, taking tons of shots. I chatted him up - a pap - and he showed me the shots as he was finished. He said he would send me a few, but alas, that didn't happen despite my giving him my business card. I honestly did not look at the crowd. I was so happy with my great vantage point. I read the GMA said it was the largest crowd ever, but if there were more than 60 people there I would be suprised.

The Host Part
Adam was introduced and stood by the desk to do the bit with the host. I could not see him well, as both cameras and the band's equipment were in the way. They did broadcast the audio to the street so we got to hear him. As a side note, George Stephanopolis looked like a midget next to our boy.

And then, he sang
Samples of Kickin In and Shady, about 45 seconds of each. During Kickin In he sang "Do you feel it Kickin In?" on each of those refrains, using his voice to replace some of the dubbing on the recording. Shady sounded sexy as hell, but he was pretty subdued with his body. At this point, I had a perfect view of him singing, dancing, playing around, etc.

The Band
He talked to Brian A LOT. Because I was right behind Brian, I could see Adam full on every time he turned around. Brian dances and shakes his booty while he plays, Ashley is incredibly skinny. Tommy looked fine, and waved to me at one point. I didn't see the divas who were on the other side of the drums. Isaac is becoming my new favorite Adam adjacent. His drumming is fierce, and he is also a very good looking guy. I almost took my eyes off of Adam to watch him play. :)

The Performances
NCOE and TP were broadcast to the street. He sang into the studio, but also turned to sing out to the people in the windows. You know, me. I was literally ten feet away from him the whole time, separated by glass of course, but I felt as if I was spending time with him. NCOE was fine, good voice, etc., but TP was ELECTRIC. His voice was great, and he moved and danced to the beats in an infectious way. Crowd was clapping along and you could feel the fever grow. People screamed when he finished.

The Moment
Always his gracious self, Adam made sure to look out at the fans. He looked in my direction, and everyone around me had a camera plastered to their face. Because my phone was dead, I had the moment from heaven. He looked right at me - I was grinning like a fool - and waved to me, ME, I tell you. "There was something very connected about the eye contact". We all know he can make people feel the connection, and I really did.

I realize this is a little bit of a clinical description. As great as it was to be able to watch him for a long time - God, he is beautiful - it wasn't the overwhelming sensory experience that happens at a concert or upon meeting him. The situation lent itself to observation more than involvement. I think the people in the crowded spots may have felt differently since they had a group thing going on, but I liked being alone so I could just APPRECIATE him.

It was a great way to start off era no. 2, and hearing the music in that voice was exciting. Bring in on, Chicago.

P.S. I can be seen in the videos of NCOE and TP. I am in a silver grey dress, just to the left of Brian's slanted keyboard, and I am very short. I'm next to a lady with long curly hair and glasses, wearing black.

Post subject: Re: Promo - 2012
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Media Maven

Chicago Radio Concert - May 18, 2012
maeve94 wrote:
Greetings from Chicago in the aftermath of Adam's first radio concert of the Trespassing era. As usual after an Adam experience, I'm still processing and that's even after extreme external processing last night with Nic9701, Susan L, glammax and @Audsidol from Twitter. We also met @insomniac19 and @mind changer at the venue.

Rather than the usual chronological recap, I'm going with a more thematic review. I dont speak for the others, who can provide their own perspectives, although we do agree generally about our reactions.

First, Adam was terrific. He sang well, looked great, danced energetically (and almost totally PG 13 - lots of kids in the audience) and the production on his set had the usual attention to detail. We were close enough to see him pretty well with occasional glances at the Jumbotron for his bottom half. Yet all the things that were good about his performance, and that we take for granted, were oddly out of place in a radio show.

The audience was looking for familiar songs. They responded to music they knew even if it wasn't well done (I'm looking at you Carly Rae Jepson and your enplugged mic) so when Adam sang unfamiliar music the crowd stilled a bit. Also, he did his usual audience banter, introduced the band and tried to connect with big facial expressions and broad movements, as he does. By contrast, Enrique Iglesias sang in a baseball cap. You couldn't even see his face. The sensibility of Adam's set was just so different from the rest that he stuck out and not necessarily in a good way.

It was very different from a show where everyone is there to see him. We get it and are so with him and the energy exchange inspires him as it drives us crazier and crazier. The liner note thank you to the Glamberts for making him feel safe and sound when performing makes a lot of sense after seeing him in a crowd that was indifferent to him. It's not as puzzling why he struggles to get radio play. He's just not like the others.

What does this all mean? Not sure. My own take is that he is unlikely to become the huge pop star that he says he'd like to be, and if that dream dies album no. 3 may be even more awesome for his passionate fans. Who knows though?

Footnote to the evening - after Adam's set we went for a drink and saw people with M & G passes. We ended up at the back entrance to the venue and hung around there for a bit chatting. Sure enough, he came out and we saw him leave. We were very close. he posed for one pic and then left quickly. He was beautiful.

Susan L wrote:
TL/DR

So it seems Maeve's recap has become controversial on Twitter and FYE! I guess that's the way it goes when you posit something that is not 100% positive. We were there. We saw what we saw. We have our opinions. There is room for discussion. We can try to predict the future while we sit around our hotel room and we can post those discussions here. Does Adam need to worry about our discussions? No. He's got his job to do. Boards are here for discussions, aren't they?

The audience for this show looked largely like the bat mitzvah party I attended recently. Hundreds and hundreds of thirteen year old girls. There were others of course, but when your eyes scanned the crowd it was young teen females. Every performer we saw (before Adam) had the same driving techno beat overpowering their music. Vocals were muted. In at least the obvious case of Carly Rae Jepson, the singers were lip synching. In between sets, there was a club-style DJ playing remixes of hot music (eg Rhianna)--with the same beat that was playing for all the acts.

Then there was a long break between sets. Then there was an announcement of a technical delay. And then they announced Adam. The crowd cheered and was receptive. Adam played his set--TSP, Kickin, Shady, Cuckoo, WWFM, NCOE. His set encompassed several more songs than many of the artists (including Enrique who only sang 4). Adam did his thing. He addressed the audience, he worked the stage like a showman, his voice was audible over the band, he introduced his band. Some of the songs need work, they're new. He was good. But he was, as Maeve said, very, very different from the rest. This is not a value judgment. It's just an observation. Will he have Top40 success? I don't think that story is written. However, after being at the show last night I can also see why it has been a challenge. It is not just because he is gay (if that is truly a problem in this instance). It is also because he is a very different type of musician and performer. I do have some opinions as to how he might do better with this type of crowd. Should he? That's entirely up to him. I love this album and I have no need for him to make music like The Wanted. I know my opinion is just that--MINE.

I would have his set list be this: Trespassing, NCOE, If I Had You, Shady, WWFM, Cuckoo. If they could pull it off at this point, I would add Pop That Lock--with the Marvin Remix breakdown part included. I didn't think Kickin In did well. The band is not ready with it and it's dying to be remixed. It's too repetitive and not grooving enough for a crowd that doesn't know it. They need to tighten the rhythm on some of the songs. NCOE has the potential to be the radio hit they want. It has the same dance beat as every other pop artist we saw. I would put IIHY on the playlist because, as Maeve wrote, this crowd responded to ANYTHING they were familiar with. Even absolute garbage (not that IIHY is garbage--but it would be familiar and get people moving). And they loved WWFM and sang along. It was probably one of two emotional highs of the entire concert, the other being Enrique singing to a girl he pulled out of the audience. There weren't any other emotionally connected songs during the evening (although I left after Enrique).

With the exception of WWFM, Adam's songs were 4 days old. Enrique sang songs that are a decade old. All the other artists we saw had one song that is currently top in the pop charts and being played by this radio station ad nauseum. We didn't expect people to respond to his music the same way they responded to music they knew. This is a great opportunity to connect with new audiences. But, it may be tough. The roster is not like him at all. But I believe he has the potential to do it (to connect that is). I'm sure he and Brian and management are taking the pulse of the audiences and the experience and he will learn from it. Like Idol, he will take in the judgment and decide what means something to him and his vision of who he wants to be.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:04 pm 
Media Maven

Chicago May 18, 2012
nic9701 wrote:
CHIBERTFEST, THE DAY AFTER:

It was so lovely to meet pjd for the first time and to reconnect with Susan L, maeve94, and glammax, as well as meet a few Twitter peeps at the concert. Thank you for bringing over my few tweets, maddie - I didn't even take one picture of him during his set because they're always crap anyway, lol.

THE CONCERT (mildly OT):

Overall, I really enjoyed it, despite my unfamiliarity with some of the acts. I liked Karmin and Cobra Starship a lot, and I thought Enrique's set was fantastic. Crowd response for every act was as expected: huge screams for the singles/familiar songs, and a pretty receptive atmosphere in general. The arena was full, which was great to see, and for a multi-act show of this type, it was run quite efficiently. Teenage girls everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. These shows are actually pretty awesome (and inexpensive) ways for fans to see their favorite radio peeps all at once, especially the smaller acts that may not get out on a solo tour.

A note of (berty, selfish) interest: in between acts, the DJ hosts kept asking the crowd if they were "ready to see THE WANTED/ENRIQUE/B.O.B/CARLY RAE?!?!?!", and judging by the massive screams, yes, they were. :) But not once during the show, until he was minutes away from his set, did they mention Adam. Probably meaningless, but odd just the same. *shrug*

ADAM:

Irony of ironies: we waited longer for Adam than for any other act. Technical difficulties, they said - IDK what, but it did venture slightly into the 'ok, let's get this show on the road' territory. :)

He was fantastic. He looked amazing, sounded as good as the iffy arena sound system would allow, shook his lulzy ass all over the stage, talked to the crowd and told them to go get Trespassing, and put on a show as he does so well.

Set list: Trespassing, Kickin In, Shady, WWFM, Cuckoo, NCOE

MY personal, stan-centric take:

- Loved Trespassing, Cuckoo, and NCOE. LOVED.
- Kickin In was fun, though it is so layered on the album it comes across a little differently live.
- Shady, for me (for you) was my biggest surprise. You all know I die for that song. I didn't love it last night. I LIKED it - he sounded great and it was still awesome to hear, but it lacked that dirty, funky, bass-in-your-chest, swagger that it has on the album. I'm gonna chalk this up to it's-all-new-give-them-time-to-work-out-the-arrangement-patience-grasshopper. :)
- WWFM was pretty, of course. I just would rather have heard Naked Love in its place. /entitled

Maybe after his set we left our seats to get a drink. Maybe we wandered a little and ended up unexpectedly (honestly) back by the M&G area and hung out for a while, meeting some other Twitter peeps. Maybe we caught a glimpse of A leaving the arena. Maybe we did this. ;) HE IS SO GORGEOUS. /notnews No pictures, no talking. Literally ten seconds. But yeah, gorgeous. <3

I realize what these concerts are: exposure for Adam and his new music and a great way to build his fanbase. I don't doubt for a second that he made some new fans last night or reminded some people that hey, he's still around and has new music out YAY! The crowd was very responsive - people were dancing, grooving, cheering, and the massive singalong to WWFM was really amazing to hear. There were two girls behind me who were flailing themselves into a screaming mess after EVERY song, which I got such a kick out of. But I also realize that I experienced this performance as a die-hard stan who knows and has seen more from Adam than 99% of the crowd last night, and to my eyes, the muted response to the new material was noticeable.

THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. I don't know how to explain this, really. I get that these songs are brand new to most people - of course they don't know them. But Adam's set was just different than the other acts: his full band, his backup singers, his introduction of everyone on stage. He put on a show. Most others just came out and sang their hits. This is why I love him. But he was just...different.

I loved seeing him last night. He's mah favorite forever. All my words up there are my opinion only. I hope these shows gain him tons of new exposure. Because, as you all know, I want him to have all the things. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm 
Media Maven

Chicago May 18, 2012
pjd wrote:
I've been insanely busy with RL today (our annual Garden Club plant sale is today) and haven't read any of the last several pages. Hopefully this isn't totally repeat/boring, but this is my "Not so Quick" Recap of the concert. I posted this on twitter during a few free moments earlier, so it doesn't include meeting wonderful AWoP peeps before the show. I'll try and post something on that later...

Not so Quick recap of Fantabuloso (May 18, 2012)

My 13yo son and I went to Fantabuloso last night. It was exactly as expected for a radio concert. Lots of filler, lots of time between acts, dumb DJ banter trying to hype up the crowd. It was at the Allstate Arena which is known for its bad sound. I've even heard stories that some artists refuse to play there due the terrible sound! I would only do this for Adam :)

We got to our seats just as the show was starting. We were to stage right in the first section off the floor. It was a good view of both the stage and the audience. I could clearly see the floor area and most of the tiered seating. The show was not completely sold out, but the floor and lower tier were mostly full and a significant number up in the second tier.

They did a quick video intro of all the acts. Biggest cheers for Enrique and the Wanted, but Adam was definitely above average which surprised me.

Keep in mind that Chicago has had VERY little exposure to Adam. Kiss 103.5 barely played WWFM (mostly in the middle of the night) and played IIHY a little bit more. (They also played FYE a few times before it was dropped.) Our other Top40 station (B96) has NEVER played any of his music that I know of. WWFM gets play on the HAC and AC stations. Adam has NEVER done a solo concert in Chicago (OK, this arena is in the suburbs, but it is as close to Chicago as he has been!) The closest GNT got was Hammond Indiana and that was a casino show for only 21 and over.

The show started with Karmin - not going to go into details for all the artists who are not Adam, but they just didn't get me interested. The arena was only about half full at that point & only a few were dancing. Many were just ignoring them completely. 4 songs

A lot more people were there for Cobra Starship and they were pretty good. Most of the audience near me stood for at least part of their act. They had a few songs that most of the audience knew. 5 songs

Havana Brown was next. I do NOT understand the concept of DJ as stage act. Just weird to me to watch someone messing with turntables and equipment as entertainment. Lots of kids danced thru this set, so I guess it was a success? She "sang" her song last. Pretty sure it was just playing and she voiced over a few parts. There were times she had the mic nowhere near her face and still the song continued uninterrupted.

Next was the very creepy Carly Rae Jepson. She was dressed as a 14 yo. She skipped and bopped around the stage like a little girl. I just found out she is in her early 20s! She did 2 songs. First was boring - even the tweens near me who were excited to see her were having trouble getting into it. 2nd was Call Me Maybe. It's a catchy song and all the tweens were dancing like crazy, but it was a total lip-sync and not well done lip-sync. (ETA: I've been told since I wrote this that she is actually 27!)

There was a huge break before Adam. Lots of stage setup and some sort of technical difficulty. They pretty much played music and some of the kids kept dancing, but most of the audience was wandering around or just sitting in their seats. Finally a DJ came out and started trying to get the crown hyped up again. Just a bunch of "who can scream loudest?", "who's the best dancer?" stuff. We were 2.5 hours into this show by then & I think some of the teens were wearing down a little! LOL They eventually told the DJ that the problem was fixed and he introduced Adam. He was enthusiastic but I don't think he really knew much about Adam. Just said something about how he has come way beyond idol and is great. There was a female DJ who introduced a couple earlier acts who actually knew about them and gave way more info - oh well, not a big deal.

Adam sounded far better than anyone before him. The soundsystem is crap, but you can still tell how much better he is! The crowd around me got to their feet for Trespassing. I made a conscious effort to look around the audience and most of the arena seemed interested. Of course, they weren't singing along, but most were standing and grooving a bit to music. Most of the floor was up and maybe 2/3 in the lower tier. Higher tier was hard to judge - too dark. Kickin In was very good, but some of the crowd sat during that and shady. People near me still seemed to be doing a little seat dancing however. WWFM was AMAZING. The entire damn stadium sang along! From where I was, I could hear the sound coming from all over - I got chills :) I thought Cuckoo got a good response - similar to Trespassing as did NCOE.

Given that the vast majority of this audience had NEVER heard these songs before, I was pretty impressed with the reaction. People were paying attention and many were up and dancing. Most of the floor was up for the whole set.

I can't say anything about the rest of the show. My son declared his ears were "tired" so we left after Adam's set. I would have liked to seen Enrique, but not enough to deal with a cranky kid!

Overall, I was really happy with how this went. The show was pretty much exactly as expected for a radio show. The sound is awful - but I think it is better on the sides than on the floor - and Adam still sounded fantastic. He looked happy and danced a lot. Oh yeah, he got a LOT of screams for some of the sexy moves also. And for the big glory notes/wailing! LOL

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:24 pm 
Media Maven

May 18, 2012 Chicago, IL
glammax wrote:
Darling maddie has been bugging me (in her sweet way lol) to write a recap of last night …even though I whined to her I had kind of a hangover. And I’m still in a fog over actually seeing him leave the building …

WWFH …He’s Working it Out!!!

I need to start off by saying I’ve only seen Adam in audiences that were TOTALLY there for him (including Idols live) so this was a new experience for me. ITA with Susan L about the crowd being tweeny, and the crowd to me was all about the urban pop and the bubblegum pop. I also was put off by the DJ’s not saying Adam’s name once as coming up.

This also was the first time I didn’t have to catch my breath when he came out. I was calm, excited and taking it all in. He sounded fabulous (and of course looked fabulous) even with some technical sound issues IMO …there were cheers and dancing but also a lot of sitting. There was a young couple next to me, and the guy didn’t like Adam at all. I am fine with this. The row of Asian's in front of us were not into it either. The crowd interaction in the videos I’ve looked at seemed more into him than the section we were in. Nic had 2 adorable girls behind her who were totally into it. The cheers when he wailed were so much fun, and the singing along with WWFM made me soooo happy.

Yes people want familiar music, but how do you get familiar music if you don’t get people to listen to it. I saw GNT #8 and #9, and there were still kinks being worked out (Broken Open gone by #9). Since I’m writing this after seeing the Boston stream and even with the sound problems, this set was tighter and betterer. This is Adam’s time to work out the kinks. IMO each one will be better. Of course, Boston radio plays Adam WAY more than Chicago radio (and this is an understatement) so the DJs were into it, and IMO this make a huge difference.

Cuckoo live is rockin’ and ITA at some point he will take this song into another wailing siren vocal zone. I keep thinking by the time he does his own tour we won’t know what hit us …

I’ve been thinking all day about the career issues/challenges we’ve been discussing after maeve's post, and I have to say I’m pretty Zen about the whole thing. The Queen+AFL concerts are going to be a game changer IMO, and there is no way for me to even look past this summer because I can’t even imagine how this will impact his career and sales. And I do not agree he should sing Queen songs at radio concerts. Nope, no way.

There is Canadian promo coming up, the UK drop date in July and the festival in Japan in August. He’s got label support and a great management team …and I hate that he needs a damn radio hit, but whatever.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 am 
Media Maven

haremgirld wrote:
I am ALIVE......just barely.

The concert was just like that Salt-n-Pepa song. "Whatta man, whatta man, what a mighty good man. Knocked me out with 1 shot for the rest of the night." LOL

I was sooooo DED tired after the concert. I had been up since 4am to catch the bus for this trip. But, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

1. Because I got to see Adam being all fierce and unfy....and fabulous, and sexy, and........I don't even know!

2. Because I met the wonderful, fabulous, sweet Fez and her lovely friend. We only had a short time together but it was fun.

I will try to write a recap of both concerts for you all by Monday, but to be honest, it's kind of a blur. I have taken pics that I will upload and share with the rest of the class.....LOL.

Luv you all. And if you EVER get the chance to see Adam live in concert, GO GO GO!

BB is headed for great things....I can't wait to see what's in store for him.

haremgirld's Pictures 5/25 and 5/26:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53097090@N ... 940201034/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:03 pm 
Media Maven

May 26, 2012 Agawam, MA (Six Flags)
thinlizzy wrote:
What a man.....What a night.....What a show.....

It.Was.A.Celebration!!!

He had us in the palm of his hand from the moment he stepped foot on that stage and he never let go and neither did we.

We were just minutes away from him taking the stage and there was soooo much electricity in the air it was almost unbearable. The entire theater was so cocked and ready to go. Brian, Tommy, Isaac, Ashley and the VJJ's took their places and you could almost hear the audience collectively gasp. When Adam stepped out a few seconds later the roar of the crowd was deafening and he looked gorgeous!!

That black and white striped shirt under his jacket just popped. I know Adam loves his black, but God, he looks so good in white as well (white jacket after AI press interviews, white pants in IIHY vid, etc.) and last night his hair alone deserved a standing ovation.

Buder mentioned his eye make-up and, yes, he hasn't been wearing much lately, but it was perfect for the occasion--kinda like a New Year's Eve party when you want to glam it up and look extra special. And it was such a special night for him and for us.

When he so joyfully announced that Trespassing had gone to #1, the roar from the crowd was the loudest of the evening. Will have to wait and see what others have to say, but to my and Mr. Lizzy's ears, that was THE moment that the walls damn near caved in. It was incredible!!! I remember looking over at DH and mouthing the words "We did it...Yes"!!! *fist pump* He just shook his head and grinned. There is no doubt in my mind that every other stan in that place was thinking the same thing. We got him his dream and he was so graciously thanking us for it.

It was a party......a celebration for sure! All I can say is if you ever get a chance to "party" with Adam, don't pass it up! If you can get within 25 ft. of him or in the first 10 rows, do it (even if it means a 2nd mortgage)!!!

I have been to 3 of Adam's concerts and this one was by far the best evah!! Don't know if it was the seats (8th row), the venue (full circle from GNT), the pure joy and excitement of a #1 debut, or just the fabulousness that is AFL. But it all came together in the perfect storm in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

On the way home I went from Thinlizzy to "Chatty Cathy" and when Mr. Lizzy could get a word in edge-wise, he said that replacing Tommy with Ashley on bass guitar was one of the smartest moves Adam has ever made. He used to play guitar years ago and said "That girl is impressive--she can play."

Last night was just something that dreams are made of. It was like having multiple orgasims. One wave of euphoria after another, after another, after another. And when it's over and you come back down to earth and decompose, you can't believe what you've just experienced, and even more so........

that you lived to tell about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 pm 
Media Maven

Wilkes-Barre, PA
Fez wrote:
u guise! where to begin with the WB concert! I met the loverly haremgirld and had I known MB2, lizzy and Winky were going to be there, we could have hooked up for a major bert fest.

It was a 2 1/2 hr drive from my hometown, and I was with my friend who is an idolbert and loves the singing competish shows. So she likes Adam (she's a big Haley fan) but doesn't lurve him like I do -- but she understands my obsession. We purposefully dallied so as to miss the second worst artist in pop music right now, Neon Hitch, who is only a teeny bit better than the current reining champion of pop horror, Cher Lloyd.

So the timing was great, harem texted that Neon had already finished her set when we rolled in. In the lobby I could hear the thumps from Kevin Rudolf.

I realize this is going to open up some wank, but negl the lobby was full of women who did NOT get the message that glitter was dead. Worse, many looked like they were vying to be extras in a Whitesnake video circa 1985, and girl that is not your look. Not that I think women need to shrivel up and sit in a corner when they pass the age of 40, but exposing tramp stamps, extreme cleavage and scary levels of makeup and glitter are embarrassing. This type of shit is why Adam has a hard time breaking in CHR. Thankfully I saw no bumble bees.

So Kevin Rudolf ends, we meet harem who is lovely and we chat for a while. The Cab's set starts and we decide to check them out. The Cab is basically two dudes, one on stool and the other on a portable keyboard. They have a modest hit on HAC and had like three fans there and were really cute and earnest. They were fully aware this was an Adam audience and they were grateful to be allowed on the bill. So I downloaded their song La La on my phone as a thanks because that life is hard, singing your guts out for people who don't care.

Once I was inside, thankfully the audience is way more diverse, lots of teens where I was, including the girl next to me, and some guys and maybe Wilkes Barre's three hipsters. Packed except for a few seats here and there. Adam strides on the stage and the whole room explodes. We are losing our shit.

Adam stares into that abyss of crazy with the most loving expression. He thanks us for making the album #1 and for being insane. He was so humble and thankful. He said this was just the beginning, he's got BIG plans for his maja tour next year (which I have to think will be funded with the Queen monies) and there are good things coming. He knew we were all there for him and I think that's why he was extra sassy because lord he tore every song apart. Everyone was having a great time except the tallest woman in the world standing in front of me with her giant head who never moved a muscle so I missed some naughtiness because she was in my sightline. >:/

Songs -- they were all great. My frond loved BE. Kickin In sounds incredible live. In fact, those backup singers really add a lot to the set. Live, they sound amazing and they are fun to watch. The album is a week old and we already know all the words -- it was a big singalong. In fact, NCOE has been spun heavily in WB and those teens were INTO IT. Cuckoo is so awesome live, and the voguing with the Vajayjays was hilarious.

Too soon it was over, with no encore which was a bummer but it was a radio show. It feels like an appetizer for the big tour. I can also see why a set like this would stand out from a radio show where artists are only singing their hits.

We say it all the time, but seeing him LIVE there is no comparison. If you can get the opportunity to catch his show GO!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm 
Media Maven

Golden Gate Park San Francisco, CA June 24, 2012

open2it wrote:
Greetings! I'm pooped! But happy and glowing from my Adamtastic day. I have soooo much to do tonight before leaving on a very early jet plane tomorrow morning, so Immma gonna do my report in bullets, 'kay? :)
* He was so fucking beautiful. And thin! Not bad thin, but very, very slim. unf
* The sound mix sucked. I was center right in front of the sound booth with Sue. After the show Lisa and I tweeted and discovered that the sound sucked from her angle, too, on the side in the VIP area. At first the bass and the VaJayJays were overpowering. He did his orchestration a lot during the concert and the balance kept changing. The drums and bass, though, were pretty overpowering throughout.
* He didn't sing a whole bunch of the beginning of IIHY. Heee....either forgot the words or couldn't figure out the key or something. He just moved around on stage while the band did their thing. I'm curious to see a video of this and I wonder if the non-Adam stan would know that he messed up. He was laughing with Brian about it, though.
* He was loopy with jet lag. Cute and funny and unfiltered. He said at one point that he'd just flown in from London last night. Didn't know if he slept or was awake. He was feeling kinda...kinda like it was 1969 and that there was something "wafting this way from the Haight"--of course alluding to the Haight-Asbury district, home of the "Summer of Love" and the hippie/drug culture, etc. BWAH! Then he referred to his jet lag as that something good that everybody should get some, etc.
* During the band intros, I think after Ashley, when he would normally intro Isaac, he kinda did a "huh?" and went over to Brian instead. After introducing Brian, he leaned over (you can't see this in the vid above) to say/ask something and Brian laughed and said something back. I think Adam asked Brian what the drummer's name was! BWAH! (Supposedly Isaac had another gig, so we had a substitute drummer--good looking, shirtless, tattooed drummer!)
* I thought Tommy's guitar sounded good today. Usually I can't hear it all that much, but maybe the mix highlighted guitar? In any case, his solos were really good!
* A really diverse, eclectic crowd! Kids, grandmoms, men of all ages, gay couples, straight couples--you name it, we got it! :D
* I couldn't see too much dancing from Adam. He moved around a lot, but I don't know if he did any real body rolls, thrusts, gyrations, etc. Didn't seem to. He seemed happy and happy to be there, but I think the real stans might be able to say they could detect a smidge difference in energy level. We're so used to Adam being 1000% and to put it in perspective, maybe he was 700% today. heh...
* At first during Broken English when he chose to sing in falsetto, I wondered if he might adlib some of the parts where we normally hear him wail in order to save his voice or because his voice was tired from Queen rehearsals. But then, as you heard in the video, as the song went on, he went balls to the wall and wailed like only he can and sounded fucking unreal! \O/
* Fun surprise to hear Hot Stuff! And it was cute that the transition from Hot Stuff to Cuckoo didn't quite make it to the new drummer's script. There was a few moments of "huh?" and silence from the drums as Cuckoo started. The drummer and Brian looked at each other and did some sort of body language communication, both laughed and then the drummer figured something out and joined it. Everyone was smiling about it.
* It was interesting to see the reactions when Adam said "fuck" and "mothafuckahs" during Cuckoo. Most people didn't even bat an eye. A couple of people looked at each other with surprise and then smiled. I didn't really see any real disapproval, even though there WERE quite a few families there with little kids. Everybody seemed in great spirits--Pride Weekend, y'all!--and in the 'right' frame of mind.

It was a sunny, beautiful day in Golden Gate Park and Adam Lambert was singing, so all was right with the world!

It was great spending a little time with Sue and her friend, but unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to bert with Lisa and Mary. Those VIP Beyotches were sequestered the whole time from us peons ;) and couldn't leave their little area where the free food and booze was! :( I saw them in line heading in for their M&G, though.

Now I must wash some clothes and get to the packing and organizing for my trip tomorrow--the one I was supposed to have taken today. But I put DH and DD on the plane this morning and told them I'd see them in Denver tomorrow--that I had an Adam Fucking Lambert concert to attend! :D And I'm already salivating, thinking about the upcoming July shows in So Cal--Costa Mesa and Fantasy Springs!

You know, as I was watching and listening to Adam, I thought...DAYUM! His voice! That smile! This shit will NEVAH get old, you know? *g*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 pm 
Media Maven

Golden Gate Park San Francisco, CA June 24, 2012
lisaloopner wrote:
Open2it, you've outdone yourself again. Thank you! So what's left to recap is just the VIP/M&G gift that Mary gave me. I watched a bit of the Pride Parade with EricM and then trolleyed over to the park where I was to meet Mary. We sat down to appetizers and then lunch (but no BOOZE) in the listener VIP area with umbrellas, tables, and chairs while the other 4 bands played. They all sounded pretty good to me. Another VIP area with pretty much the same getup plus a BAR was closer to the stage. When Adam came on, I couldn't really see much of him at all because we were too far back. The radio crew was lovely and took pics with us, and they came to tell us that no personal cameras or autographs were allowed at the M&G. Not all M&Gs are created equal. The $175 M&Gs where you actually have a 60-second conversation and hug him must be out of this world. This M&G was more like the other radio station M&G in April, where Mary and I were hustled to his side and then hustled away, assembly line style. (You guys saw that pic.) This one was a bit better than that. Mind you, I was still on a giant high after it was over! No letdown at all. I had written up a list of things to remember to say and do -- with #1 being to check teeth after lunch, lol.

They told us we'd take our pic with him in groups of 4 so we formed an alliance with two berts who we knew from past drag shows with Sutan. We all waited for the end of the line so we could gaze on him as the groups went through. He was just glowing. Then our berts changed their minds and got into another group. Mary and I shrugged and were fine with taking our chances. Then all of a sudden we were put into a group of 5 and were being hustled again toward him! I may have strode purposely up to him past the other 4 women. I said, "Hey girl, hey!" to him and he said "Hey, girl!" Someone else was thanking him for flying in from London (which was on my list to say). They wanted to get us into formation so I put my arm firmly around his waist and kept it there while they posed us for the photo. He is skinny, my arm is long. My arm seemed to wrap all the way around him. Of course this is exactly what I'd like to do to him--hold on to him for the rest of my life. He had on the giant mirrored sunglasses, so Mary and I decided to keep ours on, too. Before we moved away, I picked a long blonde hair off of his chest. (My God! What was I doing?!) He did not react. As I left, I said "I'm a ShadyBert" but I don't think he heard me and anyway I hope he didn't because it didn't make any sense to say it then. Someone took a candid of us getting into position and Boys3 tweeted it, saying I was still taller than him! I think it's a trick of the camera but who knows. He didn't have medges on at that point. I know I'm not taller than that man in medges.

Hey, girl, hey! is immortalized in this spoof, which is beloved by Eric M and all gays (according to him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcuI6K9daIw

Boys3's funny tweet: https://twitter.com/boys3girls0/status/ ... 3934398465 where I am standing to his right, just before arming him.

The Oscar goes to our favorite blogger who was also in the VIP area (of course). She was last in line or nearly last. After the M&G was over she was walking back to VIP area with the radio handler girl, who said. "Oh, I didn't know there were bitter rivalries!" and Renee said "That's why we were at the end of the line so we wouldn't be put with someone [inaudible]. ..." Either she wasn't happy with being forced into her group of 4 or she was just explaining why other people may have been unhappy. In any event, I got a huge kick out of it.

The sound was inexcusable. It seemed to fade in and out with the wind or something. The other bands did not suffer from the same problem. I haven't listened to videos yet. Maybe I am judging too harshly.

His banter was truly lovely. I do with he'd retire "Are you guys having fun?"
He hit soaring, magnificent notes and held them longer than I could believe was possible.
He hit a bunch of bum notes. He just didn't sing sometimes, or the sound was really really bad.
I still LHSM.

I'm sorry to have missed Sue and Open2It.I was unable to deal with the crowd during the show and out of gas at the end of the show.

SB1965 wrote:
Here's a link to my flickr account, I got some pretty good pictures.

LOVED the show today, Adam was a bit loopy and a bit jet lagged, and sooooo cute. He was awesome. He flubbed the words up a fews times too, lol. He sounded great though and God is he ever sexy.

Had a GREAT time sitting with open2it and my friend Ann. I wish we could've gotten together with Lisa and Mary but they were two busy visiting with Adam, lol.

I'll be at Costa Mesa and Fantasy Springs so will get together with everything then also!!! YAY!! GREAT weekend!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17360137@N02/