Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: GlamNation Tour!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 pm 
Media Maven

Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
October 14, 2010

meridian

Quote:
My late recap of the Malaysian concert.

OMG, where to begin. The Malaysian GNT was just... EPIC. Not only was Adam so vocally ON FIRE in Kuala Lumpur, the audience was just incredible. It's probably difficult to compare an outdoor venue (Singapore) with an indoor one (KL) and I did enjoy the concert in Singapore, but I have to admit that I had a much better time in KL and it really felt, to me, like the KL audience was more energetic and responsive than Singapore.

To start with, it was a 5-hour drive from Singapore to KL. So I started out in the morning of the day of the concert with one of my friends who had accompanied me to the show in Singapore and we were going to meet up with two other Malaysian friends. Throughout the drive we were switching between Hitz.fm, FlyFM and RedFM, the three Malaysian radio stations that usually play the latest music and it was such a blast to hear the enthusiasm of all the DJs whenever they introduced Adam's songs. My favorite was, "Are you ready for this tonight? [plays snippets of WWFM and TfM] That's right! The super-singer superstar is finally in Malaysia!" Honorable mention to another DJ who introduced Adam as "the MAN in town." I heard WWFM and IIHY multiple times and also Fever, which was the number one song on some chart on FlyFM. Fever is just such a great song to hear on the radio and the both of us were singing like lunatics when they played it :)

We reached KL around 2.30pm and had three hours to check into the hotel, freshen up, have a quick lunch, meet up with my other friends, flail a bit then have dinner before driving to the Putra stadium. It was quite a stressful drive because we got caught in a traffic jam which seemed like a massive one but turned out to be nothing too serious... though it was stressful all the same because we were so anxious. For my Malaysian buddies, it was their first time going to an AL concert so they were doubly stressed LOL. We ended up reaching the stadium more than an hour early and there was already a huge crowd waiting outside the entrance. I didn't see the PAS protestors, which is strange because a group of 100 protestors (as reported by the newspapers) is pretty difficult to miss. Anyway, I didn't see any of them and if not for the newspaper report I would've thought they were a no-show.

It was great to see such a multi-racial crowd at the concert, most of them in their twenties. My guesstimate would be 40% Malays, 40% Chinese and 20% other minority races such as Indians, Sabahans and Sarawakians (people from the two states of Malaysia across the Borneo sea). About 30-35% of the fans were guys.

So we were let in around 7.30pm and getting excited. They distributed these pairs of, um, "balloons" which can be inflated to an elongated shape like a stick of some sort and we can basically hit them together to create a lot of noise. I didn't expect to get these as I thought they were something you only see at Chinese pop concerts. It did make the whole experience a lot more fun though we ended up with our hands full because we also brought lightsticks and blue glow sticks for WWFM. The two opening acts came and went. Don't really have much memory of them LOL To keep everyone entertained and fired up while we waited for Adam, huge circular balloons were tossed to the GA crowd and it was so much fun! I managed to get a short recording of this; my only recording of this concert as I was too lost in excitement later on to remember my camera LOL We were in the reserved seating section to the side of the stage and initially felt a little envious of the GA crowd because they were having so much fun with the balloons. But as a lot of people in our section were signaling to the fans in the GA to send the balloons our way, a few balloons were actually successfully propelled up into our section thanks to the cooperative efforts of the GA crowd and a few guys near the front of our section. So we got to mess around with the balloons for a while before it moved down again. It was great! Then later on when Bad Romance was playing there was a fan in the middle reserved seating section, clad in silver, glittery hat and jacket who attracted a lot of attention by dancing up and down the aisle. She was awesome and the crowd cheered when she finished her dance.

And finally the concert. I will start with the only downpoint of the concert that I can think of to get it out of the way: sound system was not great. Sometimes the bass was too overpowering; other times the sound seemed a little fuzzy.

That said, Adam's vocals were just insane that night. He was attacking every high note with such conviction, it was as if no protest was going to stop him from being the fierce vocal virtuoso that he was. He was so fierce that I think my brain was shot by the end of the concert. In Singapore, I had trouble remembering the lasers and some of the finer details of his show. In Malaysia, I had trouble remembering IF he had indeed hit all those insane high notes or was I so down the rabbit hole that I was imagining those notes. That powerful "You're MIIIIIIIINNNEE" in Fever, that crazy vocal after Monte's guitar solo in SW, knee slide in SFW (!!!!), some extended note in IIHY (I think it was the "tonigggghtt") and last but not the least, TCB was O.M.F.G. Not to mention that Soaked was gorgeous as always and BO was simply ethereal. His voice during BO was so heartfelt and calming at the same time. I am so happy I got a chance to hear BO live. And I did see the lasers this time LOL so I wasn't a complete lost case. And yes, the audience loved him! Everyone was singing during WWFM. Every single high note, every single sustained vibrato, every single falsetto drew loud cheers and applause. People were screaming like their life depended on it after IIHY for an encore and most people in our section were already on their feet. One of my Malaysian friends had this really stunned look on her face after the concert ended :)

Adam was magnificent in Kuala Lumpur and the radio DJs were raving about his concert the day after. And I was busy questioning my capacity for remembering things. The drive back to Singapore was lovely too because we heard WWFM, IIHY and Fever again. :)

Not really a review but this is a report of the show in the New Strait Times Malaysian newspaper the day after the concert:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7249/img0642d.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9847/img0643jg.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6950/img0644ys.jpg
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4226/img0645g.jpg
(don't have a scanner so I used my camera instead...)

On a last note, I truly have to applaud Adam's show of respect for the conservative view of the Malaysian government. I am certain many of his Malaysian fans are grateful that he didn't just cancel his concert due to the minor restrictions imposed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 pm 
Media Maven

Melbourne, Australia
October 9, 2010

purist

thebassetthound wrote:
Message from @katiemelb "my Glam Nation cherry has exploded all over the Theatre. It's a hot sweet sticky mess and i am SPENT"

purist's tweets via kaetsa
Quote:
Had to send this from @thebassetthound's phone cos mine was out of gas - but here is my immediate post-show tweet if you haven't seen it:
»

Think the only ones on their feet were me and @josirose. (I saw you, woman!) But once Adam came on everyone was out of their seats.
»

Told you no one else was dancing. EVERYONE saw me! RT @chrisjamesonjoy Watching @katiemelb dance like crazy and Adam hasn't started yet!
»

Doubt Adam will go out on the town tonight - but think Sydney might be in for a hot one tomorrow as he has a day off after that. Can't wait!
»

stunning eye makeup. Also I'm pretty sure he's flying back to Sydney tonight to do media early tomorrow - so today was a long day for him
»

surprised we only got MW for encore. He did come out to sign afterwards though and looked incredibly beautiful. High, high pompadour and
»

He only arrived in Melb at about 2pm, then had to get from airport to venue (about 90 minutes) and do M&Gs and soundcheck so I wasn't (c)
»

Adam was in brilliant form vocally and in the way he moved. Not enough hip/groin action, but what there was was A++++
»

I have never heard so many OY MOY GOURDs in my life than at the @adamlambert concert (shoutout to @petstarr)
»

Apparently the audience wasn't dancing in most of the theatre, but where I was it was GOING OFF. Screaming, fist-pumping, crying, jumping
»

Fianlly home and at my computer. Sorry for lack of tweets. Phone died and I was overcome with the magnificence of @adamlambert

Just a little sweet kiss in Fever. My gay boyfriends were momentarily disappointed but cheered up after a few glam-thrusts from Adam. :D
»

My favourite songs from the gig were Fever, DTRH, SW, Aftermath and, surprisingly, SFW. Strut was like X-rated Broadway. SO MUCH FUN.

»

Met Adam's support act, @MorganJoanel, in the foyer after the show and she is fiiiiine. Also really, really lovely and sweet. :)

»

Adam's band is SICK. Monte Pittman is a guitar GOD and I worship at his feet. Thank you for the Melbourne show, @Monterrific!

purist wrote:
Hi everyone! Thanks for posting my tweets, kaetsa. There are a few more, but you've got most of them. I think they will mostly be my recap for now as it is currently 2am and I have to be up in about 4 hours to get my plane to Sydney. I have had such a great night, and felt you all there with me. <3

When Adam appeared on stage I clapped my hand over my mouth because I couldn't believe I was actually seeing him right there in front of my eyes, in the flesh. I think I stayed like that for half of the opening medley. Hee.

After I got over my initial shock, I spent my time dancing, singing along, fist-pumping, gasping at Adam's voice and Monte's guitar skills, screaming and LAUGHING. Damn, but the show is SO MUCH FUN. Adam's dancing is fantastic, and all the smexy stuff is done with his tongue lodged firmly in his cheek.

As you saw from one of my tweets, his hair was in a high pompadour tonight - so high that it defied gravity!

Here's a photo @sammilou took of Adam signing after the show. Look at his hair!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:59 pm 
Media Maven

Sydney, Australia
October 20, 2010

purist
katiemelb wrote:
Just told my FB friends to read my Twitter feed to find out about the best and one of the worst nights of my life. Forgot my mum is on FB.

JFC THE FLOORBERT AT THE END OF TCB WAS BEYOND EPIC. Started on his back and writhed furiously, then turned over and HUMPED THE FLOOR

!!!!! @d291173 told me Adam actually said when he was coming towards us: "Where's that cute Matthew Mitcham?" I did not even hear that.

FEVER KISS DEETS: FIRST MASSIVELY LICKED TOMMY'S CHIN, THEN WORKED HIS WAY UP TO A FULL-ON FIVE-SECOND PASH \o/ \o/ \o/

Sorry for all the shouting. It's just that EPIC NIGHT WAS FUCKING EPIC.

*can't breathe from laughing* RT @mindchnger LOL at headline :P Adam Lambert tries 2 score Gold In Sydney: Pop Republic http://bit.ly/950K89

A+ headline! Laughing so hard I can't breathe @poprepublic Adam Lambert tries to score Gold In Sydney - Pop Republic - http://bit.ly/950K89

glambertsydney
Such a lovely, heart warming interview of Adam - the most loving person in the world: MidWeek Cover Story | Midweek.com http://bit.ly/aDKd7P

I see that everyone is now watching Fever vid. Didn't I tell you it was incendiary?!!! So happy everyone can now share my epic flail. :DDD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:39 am 
Media Maven

Melbourne, Australia
October 9, 2010

purist
purist wrote:
Here is my long-overdue recap of Adam’s Melbourne concert – i.e. the popping of my real-live-Adam cherry. (My Sydney recap will come later.) I've used my tweets as prompts. I know some of the tweets and photos have been posted before, and this may be way too long … please feel free to scroll right past!

So on the morning of the Melbourne concert I tweeted this:
Quote:
Dear followers, a warning: all my tweets for the next couple of days are likely to be about Adam Fucking Lambert. Just sayin'. :D
All I had on my mind that day was ADAM ADAM ADAM. I couldn’t sleep, and I was so excited that I literally felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I was all shivery and prickly with anticipation. I don’t know whether that makes sense, but it’s my best attempt at explaining how I was feeling.

Alas, I had a work deadline that absolutely HAD to be met, so here is my next tweet:
Quote:
Have to finish some work but CANNOT concentrate. FML.
I toiled away slowly, at the same time keeping half an eye on Twitter to read about any Adam/GlamTroupe sightings in my home city. At one stage I received a tweet from a fellow fan about the company I planned to keep, in response to which I tweeted:
Quote:
Apparently some Glamberts want to ~borrow my gay boyfriends at the @adamlambert concert tonight. Not sure for what purpose. ;)
The answers to that tweet were along the lines of “We want them for Adam bait!” Heh.

Eventually, at about 5pm or so, I was able to tweet the following:
Quote:
Whoooooooooo! Have finally finished my work. Now off to get glammed up. Also, liquored up. :DDD

My ~sources tell me Adam will hit the stage at 9pm. That's a little over 4 hours from now. I am JUMPING OUT OF MY SKIN with excitement.
It was a bright sunny evening in Melbourne, if a little cold. (Daylight saving had started a couple of weeks earlier.) I dressed in black pants and a black camisole top (knowing full well I was going to be hot and sweaty later) and my awesome vintage turquoise suede coat that I bought for $90 years ago at a second-hand shop, put on some black-colour liner and my gorgeous bracelet, and zhuzhed up the hair. I don’t have a car, so I walked over to the nearby bus stop and waited for a few minutes for the next bus, which goes pretty much straight to St Kilda, where the Palais is. Dammit:
Quote:
On bus to St Kilda in Melbourne rush hour on city's busiest road. GTFO, commuters.
The road was clogged with traffic and I got a bit antsy given my overstimulated state – but it really didn’t take that long to get to my destination. I had arranged to meet my gay boyfriends at the Dogs Bar, an iconic and very cool watering hole a few minutes away from the Palais.
Image Image

Once there, again I said dammit:
Quote:
Have arrived at bar but can't get my drink on till my gay boyfriends arrive and pay me for their concert tix. :(
I had completely forgotten to go to the bank, and had no cash whatsoever on me. Luckily, my gay boyfriend Chris arrived about 15 minutes later and the party started.

Via Twitter, I had arranged to meet Catzmadam over the road from the bar in front of Luna Park (an old-fashioned and beloved amusement park), which is right next door to the Palais. (The Palais is on the right of the road in the second photo; Luna Park on the left.)
Image Image

Catz knew what I looked like from my photo on ALF, but I had never seen a photo of her, so she told me she'd be wearing a “blue and white floaty butterfly thing”. And sure enough, she was! She looked fabulous, with glittery eyes and appliqués and jewellery. We greeted each other like long-lost friends, with big hugs and much laughter, then headed back to the Dogs Bar. Some other friends from Twitter also made their way over, and we ended up with a table of about 15 or 20, all chatting away madly.
Quote:
Am now drinking with @catzmadam and @2pussycat and @arohaadam and @elf_wynd, plus two gay boyfriends
After a while the gay boyfriend whom I had asked to bring his drag makeup arrived, and he proceeded to make me up right there in the bar. Daniel tweeted this on my behalf:
Quote:
Getting glammed up for @adamlambert tonight. Deciding what look to go with. Someone suggested "whore" #IDontThinkSo
Heh. I ended up with smoky eyes, which you can sort of see in this pic.

I think what you CAN see in that photo is how happy and excited I was!

We headed over to the theatre at about 7.30, and …
Quote:
Arrived at Palais. first thing my gay boyfriends do is log onto Grindr
It was HILARIOUS to see them all do that simultaneously.
Quote:
Road outside theatre is covered in glitter
It literally was! Apparently someone had (deliberately or accidentally) dropped a tube of glitter out there and everyone had been spreading it around. It was rather lovely.

We headed upstairs to the bar (yes, we were getting fairly merry by this stage!) and pretty much stayed out there chatting and tweeting and checking out the crowd all during the support act.
Quote:
Heaps of lesbian fans here. Fierce!

Gay boys as far as the eye can see :D
Anyone who reported that the audience was mainly female clearly was inside the theatre at the time, because seriously? There were A LOT of boys there. For example (sorry if this is TMI):
Quote:
Went to toilet in the men's because the queue at the women's was insane - was full of gay boys who could care less
As many of you have reported from other concerts, the crowd was very diverse. Only a couple of little kids that I could see, but adults of every age, shape and size, including a ~65-year-old man with grey hair in a ponytail, dressed in jeans and a leather jacket - an old rocker, for sure.

I looked over the balcony and saw this:
Quote:
Massive crowd at merch counter

When the support act finished we went into the theatre, and our seats were fantastic – seven rows from the front on Tommy’s side. Unfortunately, I realized at this point that I probably wouldn’t be tweeting during the concert:
Quote:
Phone is running out of juice. I may have peaked too early
The “dance party” music was playing, but everyone was sitting – only me and a couple of other people were dancing (largely, I think, because the music wasn’t very loud). One of my friends from JOY was right up the back of the stalls and tweeted this:
Quote:
Watching @katiemelb dance like crazy and Adam hasn't started yet!

Once Adam came on, however, everyone was out of their seats and stayed that way for the entire concert. As I said in my brief recap on the night of the concert, I spent the first 10 minutes or so with one hand clapped over my mouth in astonishment. I couldn’t believe he was there on the stage right on front of me! It was WONDERFUL.
Quote:
Just a little sweet kiss in Fever. My gay boyfriends were momentarily disappointed but cheered up after a few glam-thrusts from Adam. :D

Me and my posse, plus all the people around us, were going OFF all through the show. Daniel screamed so loudly he sounded like a hoarse butch drag queen at the end. Another gay boyfriend, Nick, just kept on shaking his head and saying, “Fuck. What a showman.” I heard many, many people exclaiming in wonder at Adam’s magnificent voice. I did manage to get one tweet off, although I think it was a bit garbled. Here is the edited version:
Quote:
Absolutely killed in Sleepwalker. My voice has gone

My overall impression was that Adam put on one hell of a show. I really loved how much FUN it was, especially the last part (SFW, Strut, etc.).
Quote:
My favourite songs from the gig were Fever, DTRH, SW, Aftermath and, surprisingly, SFW. Strut was like X-rated Broadway. SO MUCH FUN.

Adam was in brilliant form vocally and in the way he moved. Not enough hip/groin action, but what there was was A++++
Of course, I wasn’t to know what was to come the next night in Sydney. ;)

I was incredibly impressed by the band. That is one tight unit, yo. I was especially blown away by Monte, who reminded me just how much I love watching great guitar players do what they do best.

I wasn’t surprised that we only got MW for an encore, as I knew from tweets that Adam had only arrived in Melbourne at about 2pm that afternoon, then had to get from the airport to the venue (about 90 minutes) and do M&Gs and soundcheck, plus he was doing media in Sydney early the next morning. None of my gay boyfriends was disappointed with the setlist or length of the concert at all. In fact, when I asked one of them what he thought about the concert, he said, “A little bit of wee came out!" Hee.

My immediate post-show tweet was sent from Nick’s phone as mine had no battery left. You’ve probably all read it, but it was this:
Quote:
My Glam Nation cherry has exploded all over the Theatre. It's a hot sweet sticky mess and I am SPENT

Speaking of sweet and sticky, Nat from Theme Party (second from the left, back row) bought us all Golden Gaytime ice-creams, which we posed with in the foyer:

And here we are outside afterwards, all happy ‘n shit.

I thought Adam would probably go straight from the theatre to the airport, so it was a bit of a treat when he came out to sign near the stage door. I’d dragged my group down to have a look just in case, and we all enjoyed seeing him looking so gorgeous and being so gracious to the fans. One of my gay boyfriends even got an illegible “AL” scrawl on his ticket.
Quote:
Overheard while waiting for Adam in the aftermath - husband to wife and her friends wanting to push thru: "Pretend it's a sale at Kmart!"
Image Image Image

I stayed up till about 4am tweeting and reporting to AWoP. My one negative criticism:
Quote:
I have only one negative thing to say about tonight: the merchandise was VERY average. Most of the tees looked like bad metal shirts (c)

and the hoodie was ugly cheap 80s style. My gay boyfriends shrieked and covered their eyes when they saw what was on offer. :)

Here’s my final tweet of the night:
Quote:
Have to be up in about 3 hours to catch flight to Sydney and do it all again. Expect more flailing tomorrow, everyone! Goodnight. <3

Whew. That took longer than I expected. I might get my Sydney recap up by Christmas. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:12 pm 
Media Maven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 pm 
Media Maven

Stockholm, Sweden November 9, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark November 10, 2010

Ozzie

Ozzie wrote:
My concert recaps - Stockholm and Copenhagen

Tuesday I went to Stockholm. And the only good thing about the trip was the concert. The rest of my Stockholm experience was pretty hellish. The landing in Arlanda airport was horrible because of heavy snowfall and wind. I have been in Stockholm a couple of times before, and always liked it. But the weather tuesday was horrific, sooo cold and I was walking in the streets with my life on the line, it was so slippery. I was dressed warmly because I knew it was going to be colder than Denmark, but the weather ruined my plans for playing tourist in the afternoon before the concert.
The price for getting from the airport to Stockholm by train was insane, 240 SEK. When I finally arrived to the central station I had to use the bathroom, when I finally found one I couldn’t use it because they charged 5 SEK, which I didn’t have because I hadn’t had the chance to get some swedish money yet.
From home I had made sure that I knew exactly how to get to the venue - I would have to take the Metro-train 3 stops. Now we danes and swedes have a pretty similar language and can communicate with eachother. But when I went to the ticketseller and asked for a train ticket in danish, the seller answered me in german - I meekly said “I don’t speak german very well”, “Oohh, Youre danish...”.

Three metrostops later I finally found the venue where the concert was. There was already a queue (ca. 2 hours before doors opened) but not very long yet. So I decided I didn’t want to stand and found a place to sit and eat some food. I was freaking out a bit, don’t know why, so I hadn’t eaten anything all day - no appetite. But I was starting to feel faint, so it was important for my well-being that I found some food.

The doors opened at 7, so I decided that queueing from 18.15 wasn’t too cray (and I didn’t want to look cray). Of course the queue was longer when I got back, but not too bad. Until this point I hadn’t been too cold. I am sensible dresser. But standing still in that horrible weather, I was soon frozen to the bone.

The doors opened at 7, but they only let 10-15 people in at a time. So even though I had decided to queue for 45 mins. I waited for an hour a half to get inside. The opener was already halfway through their set when I got inside.
It was a very small venue. The room was small, the stage was tiny.
Then the wait started. I didn’t think it was so bad. It was fun watching all the concert-goers. So many teen-age girls. But overall a very diverse crowd.

Then finally it started.
I don’t know if it was the small stage, but when Adam leaped up on the small platform and started singing “Voodoo”, he just seemed so big - so beautiful - so larger than life.
I had a great view of the stage and just enjoyed the concert so much. I loved the dancers. Terrance especially, he really fills up the stage quite well (and looks great).

Adams hair was flopping all over the place, getting in his eyes. He didn’t sound hoarse or sick. Not one vocal imperfection that I could hear.
My favorites are ROF and Sleepwalker.
The sound was good, but sometimes the instruments were a little overpowering and the nuances of Adams amazing voice was lost.

I would have loved to hear Adam sing Broken Open, but it really didnt fit. The acoustic set had just the rigth lenght. It would have killed the great mood in the room to have one more sad song. I mean, even Soaked, as amazing as it was, was a bit “sobering”.
Then it was over, and now comes the worst part of my Stockholm experience. My hotel res. was somehow lost, and I hadn’t the money or energy to find another place to sleep :(
I took the last train to the airport and spent the night there. One café was open, so I ate some smörgås and tried to relax - it was really weird sitting in an airport for a whole night. Thank @god I had a ticket for the first plane to Copenhagen (6 o’clock).

It was so great to come home to Denmark again, Oh lovely temperate climate of Denmark, haha.

I was home early, so I managed to get some sleep before my next concert where my younger sister was joining me.

It was for the Copenhagen concert I contemplated buying a VIP. I didn’t do it, decided that I like my fourth wall just fine. And good riddance, because I heard from some of the VIP-guests that after the m&g they were thrown out and had to stand in the back of the queue.

I convinced my sister that we had to be there early, so we went there at about 4 o’clock (doors opened at 7). There was about 70-80 people there already. Some girl tried to arrange a queue and wrote numbers on peoples hands - but those numbers were
forgotten when the doors opened, then it was everyone for him/herself. Just crazy pushing.

It was nice to wait without a snowstorm going on. My sister complained at one point, because it is autumn here after all. But I said that it was nothing compared to yesterday.
While we were waiting we saw Sutan, Tommy, Taylor. Of course my sister has no idea who these people are, but she was very impressed with my knowledge of them, hehe. I gave her FYE for christmas last year, and she likes it, but that’s about as far as her Adam experience goes.
We got a very good spot in front of the stage, only a few metres from it. Good view.
At eight the openers started, Sound of Shiva. They were a great and fun band. They were on for about 30 mins. then we waited again. I don’t know...the wait seemed longer than in Sweden, but it didn’t bother me and people seemed to be in good spirits.
I don’t know why, but I think the audience looked freakier in Copenhagen - my sister said that you could see what kind of people went to an Adam Lambert concert, don’t worry, she meant it in a good way.

I selfishly wanted the Copenhagen concert to be “better”. And I kind of think that it was. Adam just seemed so radiant and happy. The audience was very enthusiastic.

Great kiss in Fever.

At a point in Music Again he mouthed “i love you” - that really moved me. Don’t know why.
His mid-song banter was great.

ROF was so great, better than in Stockholm. Just beautiful improvisations.

Soaked was soo beautiful. The acapella part was some of the most beautiful singing I ever heard. And the way he lifted his hand to get to that part was just masterful.

TCB was great, really vocally outstanding, and just fun. Someone gave him some sort of underwear - he used it as a sweatrag and people just laughed.

And then it was over. As we waited in line for out coats my sister said “but he didn’t sing the song from 2012 - I really looked forward to that” . I was like “Seriously??” - and she really meant it. Go figure!

She had a great experience, and really liked it. She thinks he looked a bit like a drag queen in the beginning of the show with the hat and all, and that he comes of as very feminine in some parts, like Strut for example. But she also thinks that that is part of his appeal.

So that was my concerts. They really exceeded my expectations, and I can’t wait for him to get back here some day.
When I got home my cats yelled at me for being gone so long, they’re not used to that.

Finally - kudos to you, if you read this whole thing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:11 pm 
Mad Stalker

UK Concerts recap

Good pre-concert decisions:
• Buying 5-inch platform clogs to wear inside the venues – I am never wearing any other shoes at concerts ever. How wonderful the everyday life of tall people must be.
• Telling everyone I was going to see 3 shows of the same guy. A number of friends and colleagues wanted to mount interventions, but on the whole people were remarkably happy that I was doing something so out of character even if they thought I was nuts.
• Bringing a warm jumper that reached my knees – I wore this for 5 days straight.
• Packing light (see previous point) into a small back pack that I could wear into the concert. This had the double benefit of securing a bigger standing space as people feared being slapped by the backpack as I made any kind of sudden move.

Bad pre-concert decisions:
• Allowing RL commitments to persuade me to not get tickets to the Manchester show. Next time only 2 broken legs will stop me. Well maybe 2 broken legs and a broken arm.
• Taking bookings for my holiday letting flat so that I had to fit flat changeovers into the cracks of time available. I never knew cleaning could be practiced at Olympic sport levels.
• Did I mention not going to the Manchester show? You know the one where he really let loose.

Anyways, on to the recap.

The concerts were generally characterised by 3 things:
1. AFL being fucking fabulous. Jeez that boy can sing.
2. The incredible diversity and overall loveliness of the audience. I met so many great folk in the queue – all ages, all backgrounds joined in the common bond of Adam-worshipping.
3. Sub-zero temperatures and snow. Lots and lots of snow. In November. And it followed me (and Adam) everywhere.

Birmingham
The queue was a mini United Nations. Eastern Europe, South Africa, large Scottish contingent, Spain, US of A, Brazil..... all for a 600 venue. The 2 Spanish girls had twice been ripped off by ticket touts but were still thrilled to be there (although their meet and greet s probably had something to do with that). There were 2 concerts at the same venue and the 2 queues could not have been more different. Adam’s queue – sparkly, 80% female, prone to spontaneous singing and laughing. Interpol’s queue – full of groups of surly straight boys wondering who the hell Adam Lambert was.

When we finally got in, there was a mad rush to the stage but the venue was so small it was difficult to be very far from it anyway. The size of stage meant we didn’t have the slide show, only a very minimal amount of lasers and severely constrained dancers. Despite that , Adam put on a wonderful performance. I felt really privileged to be able to see him in this venue as I can’t imagine I’ll get to see Grammy nominated AFL in such an intimate environment again. And there is something amazing about being in a room with so much love focussed in one direction. I can’t imagine how it must feel for Adam to be on the receiving end of it. I’ve never experienced anything like it at other concerts. Anyway, I am already realising that I have made a terrible mistake not getting tickets to Manchester. I am NEVER getting tired of listening to this man sing. Damn, damn, damn.

Manchester
Oh right. I’m not here, am I? I’m doing a changeover in my letting flat, instead. Yes that’s right, I’m cleaning while Adam is singing TCB as his encore. Fuck my life.

Glasgow
Scotland has ground to a halt because it has snowed more than I have EVER seen in my lifetime (and I’m old). The friend coming with me to the Glasgow and London shows has to dig herself out of her house and walk to civilisation. Nothing is stopping us. Luckily, years of celebrating Hogmanay outside in freezing temperatures has made the Scots a resilient and hardy people. Queuing outside the Glasgow venue is made tolerable by the liberal use of alcohol and fish suppers (fish and fries for the non-Scots). The fish suppers are used more as hand warmers than as food. Most of the audience is sloshed by the time we get in, consequently it is wild, happy and shrieky. I swear dogs from 50 miles away would have heard the teenage girls behind us. I am sure that Adam definitely knows that they loved him and wanted to have his babies – anytime, anyplace, Adam baby. There were tons of cute gaybois – so many came as couples and, honestly that just warmed my heart to see it. I’m a sentimental old fool. It was another fantastic show – this time with enough room for the whole production. Adam looked so happy and we all had the sappiest smiles on our faces as we filed out.

The snow means that my house if full of refugees unable to get on trains or planes. But what do we care – we are floating on an Adam high.

London
Snowmania, turns the journey to London into the trip from hell. The train should take 4.5 hours. It actually took 9 hours – most of that spent standing squished against people not going to an Adam concert and therefore taking up invaluable space that could have been used for a more important purpose. We arrive to a tube strike but the power of positive thinking (and snow boots) finally gets us to the venue. I am ready to cry in relief. Never have I been so happy that I bought seated tickets for the balcony as I don’t think I could have stood inside the venue even for Adam. I ponder a little on my rabidness as a fan and find that I’m not as disturbed by it as i probably should be.

The queue is, again, unbelievably jolly – and this is London. I swear this is the Adam Lambert Effect. When I went to see him in London in April at his promotion show, we got lost trying to find the venue and a woman actually stopped to ask if we needed help (this has NEVER happened to me in London before). When we said we were trying to find the Heaven nightclub, she squeed and said ‘OMG are you going to see Adam Lambert. I love him. ‘ and then walked us to the venue. Anyway, I digress.

We were on the first balcony and were able to watch the folk in the seats reserved for reviewers. I felt for Adam having technical problems in front of them all, but truthfully, Adam on a bad day is a billion times better than most people on their best day. God his singing that night was unbelievable and I alternated between having a dopey smile on my face, wooping and wanting to cry with happiness. I am truly lost in this fandom and many never appear out the other end.

Most of the reviewers seemed to be having an equally grand time, except one, who kept looking at the audience going BSC as if he’d been beamed into an alternate (and not very welcome) universe. The guy he came with was getting into it but he could feel the displeasure of his companion, so would clap and squee discreetly whenever the companion looked away. This dynamic reminded me too much of my marriage to my ex-husband, so I felt even happier to be here, in this room, with two and a half thousand other hollering, adoring fans, doing what the hell I liked. And maybe that’s why I like Adam so much. His capacity to empower you to do what the hell you like. What a gift.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:49 pm 
is dessert happening?

I'm so glad you wrote this!
Awesome recap legers!!

I felt so bad for all the snow people- had to have been a miserable time standing outside.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm 
Kool-Aid Chugger

Here's my recap for my only Glam Nation concert in London. For the review along with all the pictures and playlist, here's my blog post http://adamlambertobsession.blogspot.co ... ondon.html. Before I start, I'd like to send a huge shout out to legers for your kindness and generosity in making it possible. Thank you! It's a shame I never got to meet you, I kept my eyes peeled for you as my teeth chattered and I shivered in the queue but didn't see you. Glad you enjoyed it though, despite the nightmare journey.

WARNING: LONG!

I managed to rush back after a hectic weekend, but on the morning of the concert, I woke up with a sore throat, loaded nose, congested head and the shivers. I debated whether I should risk making myself feel like death by waiting outside in horrid sub-zero temperatures, the coldest spell in years, but you can guess which voice won that debate in record time. I'd never done much queueing for gigs nor been to any alone, so in making the conscious decision to brave the arctic conditions for six hours, I was shocked by what a rabid fucking cray I'd become. But as soon as I reached the venue with my crystal glove (just in case), small queues of even more rabid fucking crays gave me plenty of reassurance regarding my sanity. Hooray for rabid fucking crays! (I can't believe I just wrote that.)

The majority of fans were female of various ages. Some who I thought must've been northerners wore very little and shivered in the name of glam, others resigned to standing in the most un-glam of black bin liners to try to stay warm. I'm not sure Adam would've approved. There were four different queues in total, where fans exchanged tales of how we fell for Adam, our encounters, concerts, favourite performances and songs, counting the hours down together, even bursting into song. There was a familiarity in the way that we eased into discussions, freely gushing. The affinity between complete strangers with a shared passion was very apparent, the warmth of kindness and chatter taking the edge off the icy weather.

It wasn't all rainbows though, as the cynic in me felt there were ulterior motives too. Little cliques formed, making it easier to keep track of people moving where they shouldn't and tugging on their consciences. I sensed an underlying steely determination and when it boiled down to it, everyone was for themselves. The cold was unbearable and unfortunately it brought out the worst in some. I got further from the front as people had been saving places for others who turned up last-minute, and others who just pushed in. I couldn't summon my inner Bitchy McBastard to complain because getting into an argument would've left a bad feeling hanging over me. Queue-jumpers, you know who you are and you should hang your ugly heads in shame. I'll remind you that for every queue placed jumped, a kitten gets throttled.

I'd taken a gamble to try to get up close as I'd already watched my last concert from the back of the room. When I finally got in, my heart sank because I realised I got shafted by the extra O2 priority queue and the extra Paris VIPs. Even after a six hour wait, I only managed to get into something like the tenth row, sardines squashed against me from all sides and too many heads in front. Faint and you'd still be standing. The result was not worth the endurance test. You had to hope you didn't drop anything as the chance of retrieving it without simulating oral sex with your neighbouring sardine was precisely zero. There was also no point spending time on my appearance as everything turned into a mess after the eye-watering cold. In fact it was so cold I kept most of my layers on. Not that anyone would've been able to see what I was wearing anyway. It's the only time wished I were a yeti with hygiene issues. A brick shithouse build, hairy coat and no one wanting to be within a metre of me would've been ideal.

The warm-up act were very enthusiastic and tried to get the crowd going but they weren't really my cup of tea. In the gap between bands, people shared glitter and glowsticks. The projector guy discovered that when a picture of Adam was shown, the crowd would scream so he started fucking with us by flashing the pictures, amused by the textbook Pavlovian response each time. As the time drew nearer, people started stamping their feet and chanting his name in eager anticipation.

When Adam came on, necks elongated, arms flung into the air and the temperature suddenly rose. I wish that on low stages, Adam would stay close to the front so the angle allows more visibility. I was frustrated by the lack of lighting, and the peacock feathers, arms and cameras obstructed my view. Since I couldn't beat them, I decided to join them with my camera doubling up as a periscope. I couldn't even hear the start of Voodoo through the screaming so missed the first few seconds.

I'd been used to seeing Adam in two dimensions, so seeing him in three was enthralling. His strong other-worldly presence left me awestruck and I felt more than ever that he inhabited a different plane of existence. Everything about him was amplified and much more accentuated. He was bigger, taller, brighter, glitterier, more radiant, more animated and more dramatic than any video can convey. I remember looking on in fascination at his mouth, how big it became and how thick his tongue was as he wailed through RoF. I was a little surprised by how long his hair had grown. It didn't look too healthy and his makeup seemed to be excessive, leaning towards drag but I appreciated its benefit to those at the back of the room who received that heart-stopping moment of eye contact as he scanned the audience. His movements were huge but graceful and sharp. Sometimes it was too much for me and I wanted him to stand still so I could take my time to look at and study his appearance. I wanted to touch him to see if he was real but he was out of my reach in every sense.

Fever started with toreador Adam squaring up to Tommy before going in for the kill. I couldn't hear his voice very clearly during much of the song but it was more than compensated for by those bonus riffs and stratospheric high notes. It turned out that every time he hit one, I gasped and felt a rush rise up and the crowd responded by screaming. I was thrilled that his voice was on top form and as so often happens on the last night of consecutive gigs, he went for it. The surprise ending was magnificent and my fellow sardines, equally amazed, turned to each other as if needing confirmation of what just happened.

I couldn't see much of the dancers during the interlude, I just remember Terrance who I'd describe as beautifully big and round, moving very fluidly. There was an extended intro to Sleepwalker which sounded great. We were all very excited, wondering if it was intentional and whether any surprises awaited. The images of the stone angel and lightning stayed up for a while before Adam came on but without drifting down the steps and without the long sweeping overcoat. I think the coat adds quite a lot to the performance, completing the image of the tortured lone comic-book hero so I missed it. He explained about the sound difficulties and when he spoke there was a strange effect. He sounded really high, lacking in depth and richness. Something wasn't quite right with the sound but it was eventually corrected.

He was very relaxed and uninhibited when it came to the banter at the start of WWFM, potty-mouthed and swearing freely as he spoke about the sound issues and how he considered this to be the last show of the tour. We sang along but it was over so quickly. Sometimes I think it's better that we don't know the lyrics off by heart so we don't sing over Adam. I felt this especially during Soaked, a spine-tingling version where the crowd was mercifully quiet for much of it but unfortunately a whistle opened the floodgates. I appreciated the effort Adam made in using Brit English when he talked about being "pissed drunk". My reflex was he was saying it wrong by following it with "drunk" but later realised he was clarifying it for large number of non-Brits present.

I didn't see Aftermath. He was too far back from the front of the stage and there weren't enough gaps between heads, so to watch it I had to follow the many camera-periscopes. The videos were the first I saw of it. The whole venue was once again united in song and I was surprised at preferring the sweeter tone of his voice here to that of the powerful Soaked. Much of SFW was done away from the front of the stage so I watched the lasers, jumping and fist-pumping with the rest of the room. Adam shouted something in a high voice loaded with impatience which I assumed was aimed at the sound engineer. His voice was a little drowned out during Strut but I loved the stompy bassline so just danced (i.e. shuffled on the spot because that was the only thing possible). The ending was unusual because he missed out all the "Strut for me..." but it was another stellar vocal. As I couldn't see much, I decided to film MA as it's one that's often missing. The crowd went wild when he used Tommy as his plaything. The ear-piercing screams got louder as the night progressed. IIHY was one of the most enjoyable performances as I gave up trying to see, just enjoyed the buzz, jumping about and singing with abandon. There was a massive note just before the dancer intros that we all went crazy for and I was grateful he stood on top of the plinths for some of the time. He really went for it at the end so I was entertaining thoughts of a bonus encore.

I was happy after hearing the opening chords of TCB that we didn't get MW. It was an electrifying performance which involved some titillating tongue-tickling with Tommy. I tried my best to tiptoe that little bit higher to see Floorbert but my frostbitten legs still hadn't completely thawed out. My joy fell by a few notches when it struck me that the concert was finished as the band relinquished their instruments to leave. Damn my fucking sore throat which stopped me making enough noise to help us get a double encore! I thought during the course of the evening that we might as it was the last one, Adam was cheekily unfiltered and the atmosphere was awesome. I was dearly hoping for WLL but perhaps the sound issues had already ruled it out. Time had whizzed by and the end seemed so abrupt. The crowd scarpered to the barricades but by the time I got there it was already about six deep. The reunification of gloves would not be happening this time.

For me, the highlight of the concert was that extraordinary marvel of a voice, so in that respect, it was the best I'd heard in a long time. Fever — usually one for visuals — showcased it to staggering effect. Whenever a superhuman high note was hit, mouths were agape in astonishment. But it wasn't all about the glory notes as I really came to appreciate the stunning soft timbre of the more subtle performances, soothing and caressing. I feel thankful to have experienced Glam Nation as I know that the scramble to see Adam in future will only get more challenging. I wrongly thought there'd be a fair chance of seeing Adam up close if I got there six hours early. It was the closest I'd been but the effort was wasted as I would've had a better view from the back of the room. A week later I'm still ill so unless guaranteed a place in the first couple of rows, I'll never put myself through queueing that long again. But the things we do for Adam never stop surprising us. Feel free to taunt me with that statement the next time Adam returns for a concert.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:15 am 
Mad Stalker

Hi Lambo. Also sorry we didn't meet but thanks for excellent recap. Hope you feel better soon :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:26 pm 
Media Maven

Q102 Jingle Ball - Philly
December 8, 2010

laynie wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE

quick thoughts:
He was incredible
He looked beautiful
He didn't hold back vocally
He wailed at every opportunity
He was a rock star tonight
He forgot the words to Fever :)
He was in blue
His outfit was gorgeous
His voice was glorious
His hair was so high
He seemed so very happy

More later, he is amazing - he makes me smile
laynie wrote:
I took a cab to the venue and heard IIHY on the way over - a sign of good things to come! Till I remembered, I forgot my camera. Too bad, as I had a 5th row dead center pitt seat.

I spent some time eating/drinking/wandering around the venue and purposely missed the first few acts. I finally took my seat for Flo Rider. He was wearing a tee shirt, which he took off and threw into the crowd. He was still wearing a muscle tee which he took off and threw into the crowd. He also threw roses, one at a time into the crowd. When he ran out of roses, he threw towels into the crowd after wiping the sweat from his face. He then left the stage and wandered into the audience singing. He poured water on his head, he poured water on the audience and he sang. And, all his songs sounded alike :) LOL! I'm not into rap, but I have to say the crowd was.

Train came on next. Pat Monahan was wearing a jacket with a red tee shirt under it. He took the jacket off. Then he took off his red tee and put on a white tee. Then he took off that white tee and put on another white tee. And, he left the stage and wandered into the audience singing. And he sang and danced. However, his moves weren't smooth, comical almost. I'm not into Train, but I have to say the crowd was.

Adam came on and he was in layers :) LOL And he didn't take off his jacket, and he didn't take off his shirt and he didn't wander into the audience singing (damn;) , and he didn't throw water on the audience. But he danced, and strut and did body rolls and he did head rolls and he was smiling Image

and was sexy, and he wailed, Oh.My.God did he wail tonight!Image

He was fantastic. And, once again, he put on a freaking amazing show. And the crowd was into it. And they were singing along. And, I couldn't stop smiling.

In all honesty, the crowd was up for everyone. It was a very young crowd and they were screaming and dancing for everyone on stage.

There was a 12 year old next to me. I asked her if she was there to see Justin. She surprised me by saying Adam. And, there was a young guy on the other side of me and he was there for Bruno Mars. He was not happy when I told him Bruno wasn't performing. I told him I was there to see Adam. He said Adam was very talented.

I am sure the crowd was screaming for Justin but I didn't wait to find out. I took off as soon as Adam's set was over.

Even though I had to wait hours to see Adam it was so very worth it. As I said earlier, his voice, OMG, his voice is glorious. It soared tonight! I was thinking that he would do 4 or 5 songs as that was all the other performers sang. But, he gave us a mini concert. We got eight songs, ending with IIHY. And when bb hollered out 'now jump' the crowd, obeyed, the master!

I <3 him!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am 
Media Maven

Y100 Jingle Ball - Miami
December 11, 2010

Boca Babe

Boca Babe wrote:
Just back from JB.

To start, I'll address the "crowd fail" comments. I do believe the audience enjoyed Adam; what worked against him was the fact that a high percentage of the people in attendance had never heard two of the songs he performed. The disconnect was particularly evident during "Sleepwalker", with quite a few people sitting down - and this was a crowd that spent most of its time on its feet. The contrast with the crowd reaction to IIHY was definitely noticeable (and it killed me just a little, because "Sleepwalker" was incredible). The sets in general were pretty short, and for the most part the artists with shorter sets had enough hit songs so that every song they did was familiar to the audience (or, like Train or Enrique, they had longer sets, but enough familiar material to fill them). Adam didn't have that luxury. However, there was definite positive reaction when he'd hit a particularly impressive note. Vocally, he was amazing, although he wasn't particularly chatty. I wasn't close enough to ascertain that he looked tired; from where I sat, he looked absolutely gorgeous. And those PANTS! Fantastic in person. I seriously squeed when I saw them. But wow, four songs is just a tease. Maddie, as disappointed as I know you were to miss the show, it would have been a shame if you'd spent all that money and gone to all that trouble to see four songs. Your chance will come, I know it will, and it will be waaay more worth it than this show would have been. I'm glad I went, because I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't, and I enjoyed every second that Adam was onstage. But I couldn't believe it when I heard the opening notes of IIHY...how could it be almost over already, when he'd just gotten started?

As for the other performers, I enjoyed Katy Perry a lot more than I thought I would. I can see why Adam likes her, because she really does put on a show. She came out there, dressed in a sexy "Mrs. Claus" outfit (with Christmas trees and a snowman decorating the stage), with a couple of backup singers, 6 dancers and a band outfitted in shiny silver suits. She was playful and fun. The vocals were not award-winning, to put it mildly, but they were better than I'd anticipated they'd be. If Adam wasn't the performer that he is, he would have definitely suffered in comparison to the full-scale production she put on. I also enjoyed Train more than anticipated. NAL fans can be as dismissive as they want to be about Pat Monahan, but he sounded good and put on a great show - NAL can only hope he'll achieve a fraction of Train's success. Speaking of NAL-related acts, I really enjoyed The Script (and the lead singer is absolutely adorable), although their new single didn't do much for me. The other acts all had at least one or two songs that I knew and liked, which was pretty decent. Judging by the crowd response, I can see why the show ended with hometown boys Enrique (who, unfortunately, sang "Hero", which is absolutely my least favorite song of his) and Flo Rida (most of whose set I absolutely despised, but the crowd went insane).

One big plus was the pre-show dinner with, among others, getoverit and adamamado. It's always a huge, if unfortunately rare, pleasure to get together with them. Although we weren't sitting together, it was nice to "share" the concert with them anyway!

Oh, and I believe there was a question about how 10 minutes between sets was enough time to prepare for the next act. The sets were on a rotating platform. When one act was onstage, people backstage could be setting up for the next one. I suspect the break between sets was more to cram in commercials than for actual prep.

getoverit
getoverit wrote:
Good morning, all. I'm really not ready to do a data dump on what I thought of last night's JB yet, still processing internally, but will say this for now:

Yes, there were pockets of Glamberts there but the arena is huge and the vast majority of the audience was there for Enrique Iglesias, Flo Rida, and other NALs. I was sorry to see how Not-Into-AFL the audience was compared to other performers overall. Maddie, it was not the total experience we are used to. It was not GNT. It was not even AI8 tour. I would want anyone's first experience seeing and hearing and loving AFL in person to be in a crowd that appreciates him, so I'm glad you're still a virgin and awaiting your concert wedding night.

Yeah, I thought the audience was bleah and would agree, a "fail," especially for SW. I was lucky enough to be sitting next to a group of Adam fans, but it could've been worse for me. And OBTW, Adam himself was wonderful - what else could he be? Those pants took my breath away - loved his hair - lots of wailing - I think I'll be back later with more thoughts.

ETA - he OUTSANG everyone - No One could compare. But the Voice didn't seem to be the selling point to that audience. that's all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm 
Media Maven

Los Angeles, CA - Music Box
December 15, 2010

nic9701
nic9701 wrote:
OMG YOU GUISE. YOU GUISE. OMG.

I'm in a cab on my way back to my hotel and am still on a high. That was the best concert I have seen by anyone ever. I haven't read back through the night's posts, but I hope the livestreams were good, and I know Suz was there.

Highlights, iPhone version:

- Fever, always.
- I have a new favorite version of Sleepwalker.
- Electric WWFM
- Soaked with nearly complete silence where necessary and STUNNING VOCALS
- Aftermath with Alisan accompanying...he just beamed his way through the entire song. So happy.
- Ginormous confetti shower during end of IIHY
- The encore. Was. Incredible. I love him even more now, if that is possible. His speech before CIGC was perfect. And the performance was worth the cost of the ticket all by itself. He brought the house down.
- Eber and Brad sitting together, first row balcony center. So proud.
- In general, he was in a silly, sexy mood. The singing was as good as I have ever heard.

I am so excited to see him again tomorrow, and with three newbies! I am beside myself with happiness right now... More later!

lisaloopner
lisaloopner wrote:
Hi everyone, here is the epic cake, probably 3 feet tall, from the afterparty at Bardot. Cupcakes were for eating (I ate the cake part and Mary ate the frosting I had surgically removed) and the cake was for viewing. At the top of the cake is a fingerless glove holding the world in the palm of his hand. Indeed!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20190858@N06/5266679805

A few thoughts, since I'm no recapper:
• Eric tried to take Suz's pic while she was uploading from the party but she wanted to be anonymous
• When Sutan came out w/ the cane, Adam said, "He does my face!"
• We were in the balcony, in the 5th of 5 rows, on the aisle. Fantastic seats.
• Looking down from the balcony during songs, a sea of recording phones glowing. Nobody can dance for fear of disturbing their precious videos so not too much dancing.
• I was recording free so danced throughout!
• When Adam did his first bit of banter, he sounded a bit hoarse to me but the singing was still perfect. How is that possible?
• Voodoo is my favorite, maybe because of the huge emotional charge of finally clapping eyes on him. In those first few moments, I was blown away by his huge physical and psychic presence. He is a impossibly gorgeous giant of a man. (And I'm 6 feet tall, very concerned about relative sizing!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 pm 
Media Maven

Los Angeles, CA - Nokia Theater
December 16, 2010

open2it/purist
open2it wrote:
Oh.

My name is open2it. Tonight I was all alone among hundreds of others watching AdamFuckingLambert while he showed me exactly what he looks like when he's fucking somebody through the mattress and having a helluva good time doing it.

Holy.

Find a video of WLL from tonight. Watch him. His body is illegal. But tear your eyes away from it and just watch.his.face.

It would probably be advisable to find a private place to do this, by the way.

And then...well...do whatever you are moved to do.

I'm sure Adam would approve.

God.

ETA: It's purist here. I just told four perfect strangers in the elevator that I feel as if I have been fucked sideways into Tuesday. evztgudfylxkjfgn78/7216*452927@%#%&^#*#^$^O$)@%

SB1965
SB1965 wrote:
Omfg!! I have an Adam Lambert hangover! We saw epic both shows OMG! He was soooo on vocally. I never heard him sound better. He was so happy and smiley and sexy!! His hair loved it!!
I was so happy to be able meet and hangout with so many great people from awop. Lisa, Buder, Mary, boys3girls2 aka Brenda, Eric, Susan, Nicole, Erin (OMG wait till you see her pictures)!!!!!, Purist and her friend, open2it!! I hope I didn't forget anyone.

I'm in LA until Sunday. When I get home I'll post my pictures( I got some great pictures too).I'll post s better recap when I get home. I can't wait to see the youtubes of the performances.

nic9701
nic9701 wrote:
At LAX...my whirlwind trip is over! I hate typing long messages on my phone b/c they always get eaten, so I will recap more when I get home, but in a nutshell:

It will always always always be worth it to go see Adam. Period.

Last night's show was incredible; my mom, sister, and aunt (all first-timers) absolutely LOVED it - they gushed nonstop back to the hotel. \o/ They were blown away by the whole spectacle; voice, outfits, music, everything. It was really cool to watch this show with them. We had a fantastic spot on the floor right behind the soundboard, but I'm anxious to get home and watch the close-up vids...I know some Muppets were right down front! /alittlejealous :)

Meeting all the AWOP-ers was awesome, the "LA 101" tour my aunt gave us yesterday was awesome, and the concerts were beyond awesome. I am a happy girl.

boys3girls0
boys3girls0 wrote:
YOU GUIZE, HE BROUGHT PYRO!!!!!!! Ahhhhh, it was such an amazing night. Waiting in line all day and the mad dash for a quick shower and glamification wasn't what I had originally planned, but it was worth it to end up with the absolute best spot this vertically challenged fan has had for any GNT show. Mary, Lisaloopner, EricM, I, and a few others grabbed spots on the rail just outside of the pit and about 6-8 inches above it. The view was perfect, and BB was freaking amazing!

He really is a vocal phenomenon, the likes of which I've never seen. I'll type more later when I'm on a real keyboard, but for now I'll just say that I have such a feeling of peace and satisfaction going on right now. This has been such an amazing year of shows, and it was capped off with a perfect week.

ETA: #TEAMWHITESHIRT. I love the way it completes the whole ringmaster look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 pm 
Media Maven

Los Angeles, CA
December 15 - 16, 2010

qoatg
qoatg wrote:
Checking in from here in rainy L.A. Still on a high from the shows and from spending the last couple of days with the awesome AWOP contingent. I've said it before, but experiences like this are so much more fun when you can share them with people who just "get it". So thank you all for making this trip even more fun than I ever expected it to be. *hugs boys3girls0, glitterbert, murly, lisaloopner, Mary, nic9701, SusanL, open2it, purist, SB1965, and Buder (& all the "friends of" who don't have screen names here)

So, there's really only so many ways to say how epic, and emotional, and fierce and vocally incredible the show was, and I basically suck at recaps to begin with. But how does that saying go - a picture speaks a thousand words? I do ok with those - prepare to be picspammed bitches! ;)

Mmmmmm hello Adam's pretty chest...I would very much like to pet you plskthanx.

Curse you unknown undergarment/microphone pack holder of modesty! *shakes fist*

I wish this was in better focus, but I just love the layout of the dancers around him in the fog.

Love his hair his eyes in this when you zoom it in.

BB got his pyro!

And then....well, some other stuff happened ;)

Rawr!

The bigger versions of those, and about a dozen more so far, are up in my album HERE. I've literally got almost 700 pictures to go through and unlike usual they're almost all worth keeping so this is the tip of the iceberg. VIP seats in the balcony = best.decision.ever!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm 
Media Maven

Los Angeles, CA
December 15 - 16, 2010

nic9701
nic9701 wrote:
It is late and I am tired, but I am doing this recap now before I go back to work tomorrow and disappear into holiday madness...

Wednesday:

I successfully made my earlier flight to LA and soon after was reunited with Mary. In the shuttle from LAX to the hotel, we were chatting about this and that when the lady in front of us turned around and said in a strangely secretive voice, "Are you here for the concert?" After confirming that, yes, we were here to see Adam, she said, "What are your names?", meaning our screennames from the various boards. I was kind of amazed; I'd been in LA for about two hours and already randomly found a Glambert. We made a little more small talk, concluded that she was not an AWOP-er, and then wondered to ourselves if we were going to recognize every godforsaken person from this fandom in the hotel lobby. :)

After spending the afternoon visiting with Susan L, open2it, and glitterbert, we got glammified and met up with Buder, Mary, lisaloopner, her friend Eric, boys3girls0, SB1965, and qoatg before heading into Hollywood for dinner. We met purist and her friend Amanda at the restaurant and had a lovely meal before walking the two blocks to the Music Box. (Twitter rumors of a soundchecked "Crawl Through Fire" and "CIGC" floated around, but we remained skeptical.) We were at the end of the line, arriving just as the last of it was filing in, and still ended up center stage, about twenty feet back. The venue was tiny.

Concert: You all saw my taxi!flail...other things I didn't mention:

- I really liked the Canyons. They were so obviously excited and grateful to be there, and I enjoyed their set very much.
- Hair to the ceiling (just how I like it)
- Sutan on stage at beginning of "Strut", blonde wig and all, helping Adam into his jacket ("He does my face!" LOL)
- Half the crowd turning around at the end to catch a glimpse of Eber, Brad, Neil and whoever else was up there (they'd been spotted before the show started)
- The major squeeing by Susan, purist, Amanda, open2it, and me when we realized that holy crap, he was going to sing CIGC, and the way we all looked at each other when it was over
- His utter joy throughout the whole show. It came off of him in waves.

Thursday:

I spent the day with my mom, sister, and aunt, who lives in LA and happily played tour guide for the LA newbies. The subject of Adam came up numerous times, of course, and I discovered that their only real impression of Adam performing was from Idol. They knew songs from FYE, but hadn't had any real exposure to Glam Nation other than a handful of vids I'd sent my sister. This made me even more excited for them to see the incredible difference from then to now.

One thing I realized: on this board, I consider myself to be at about the same level of cray as everyone else here, but when it comes to my family, I'd be considered a Tier 4 looney tune. I had to consciously hold back my "mention-itis", keeping in mind that these three people (a) did not know every last thing about Adam and (b) did not realize that I DO. Example: we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and when I flipped to the menu page with the "Glamburgers", I very nearly blurted out the anecdote about how they'd catered one of the GN shows this summer before realizing that to them, my knowing this would be rather "WTF?" :) All three of them are way-casual fans, so I decided not to expose myself as the intensely devoted fan that I actually am, because honestly, they have no idea.

After finishing up a lovely day of sightseeing - we ended the day at Grauman's Chinese Theater, where I stared in amazement at Tom Cruise's handprint/footprint cement block because his signature is so hilariously AWFUL - we made our way into the theater, where I found glitterbert and murly. Thanks to glitterbert's eagle eyes, we spotted Neil, Scarlett and Lee Cherry, Terrance, Roger (the A&R guy), and the guy who designs the Pennyroyal pieces. Again, I kept these sightings to myself and did not bother to point out any of them to my family, because if I had, they might have started thinking I was some kind of stalker. We were standing right behind the soundboard, and right before the show started the sound guys let three people come and stand inside the barrier, which happened to be right in front of my mom (who is short). This irritated her to no end, even though she was able to move over and see just fine. I realized after a while that it was David Immerman and two other girls - they might have been also been Allison's band members, but I didn't remember what they looked like - and I pointed this out to my mom, telling her while it wasn't exactly a cool thing to do, it explained why they'd been let in to the actual soundboard area. She did not care. I found it hilarious - Immerman and his enormous head managed to thoroughly irritate my mom. :) During the show, Lane made her way by us and spent the rest of the show in the soundboard area as well. (I didn't point her out, either.)

Concert: Just awesome. He sings like no one else - I am in perpetual awe. My sister kept nudging me to express her amazement at each song, and by the end was dancing along with my crazy self. I loved Adam's banter throughout - it was nice to hear him go "off script" a little more. The pyro at the end of IIHY was so great - Adam's face was like "Yep, see what I did there?" My aunt thought the encore was AMAZING - she's a huge fan of Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix and was beyond thrilled to hear Adam cover their songs. I told her I could send her a few videos that she would probably enjoy. ;) More than anything, I was so happy they all loved the concert and could finally understand what I've been gushing about for months now. Because really, I was going to love the show no matter what, and I was pretty sure they were all going to feel the same, but to see/hear their reactions afterward was just the best.

And now I am home and it is done. I don't really know how to say this without sounding corny or sappy, but as much as I adore Adam and would be a fan no matter what, you guys here have helped make it the incredibly joyous experience it has been so far. Nobody in my "real life" follows him (though I suppose now that I've met some of you, you're a part of my "real life"!), and really, nobody in my "real life" has any inkling of how closely I follow him. I probably would not have flown to LA to see these concerts if I was going to be by myself; I'd seen three already. But it was the prospect of meeting up with so many of you lovely ladies that sealed the deal, and to be able to hang out and visit and connect was just as fantastic as seeing Adam again. As good as both concerts were, I enjoyed the first one more because I was able to see it with "my people"...people who really understood how special it was and who love him just as much as I do. So Susan L, open2it, Mary, glitterbert, Buder, boys3girls0, SB1965, murly, qoatg, lisaloopner, and purist - thanks. It was truly a pleasure to meet/see you all, and I hope I have a chance to meet more Muppets at some point.

OK, off to watch every video of the last two days... :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 pm 
Media Maven

Los Angeles, CA
December 15-16, 2010

SB1965
SB1965 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm home from rainy and wet Los Angeles. I can't believe it rained all five days I was there. But as someone phrased it, God has been crying because the Glamnation Tour is over. I believe it.

Had a GREAT time at both concerts and both parties, loved meeting everyone. It's so great to put a face with the name/screenname.

The concerts were outstanding! Adam went all out vocally, he hit all the high notes, plus he went higher than high if you can imagine that. I loved that he sang Aftermath with Alisan (i called that) and that he sang A Change is Gonna Come (I also called that). LOVED that we got to see TCB too. I saw Cheeks!!! I wanted to meet him so bad but he was upstairs and alas, i was downstairs. So, I thought, I'll meet him at the next show, but he wasn't there:/ Next time. Loved dinner with the everyone, thankyou Aliene for helping us out with the restaurant and thankyou so much for giving us a ride to and from the venue.

At the nokia, I was upstairs in the VIP seats over to the side. With us were all of Adam's friends and family and important looking RCA and recording industry people. They were def. Recording this show, I saw people with giganoramous cameras filming. Again, Adam went all out vocally. And he got his pyro, YAY! He was all smiles both shows, he was so happy. I have some very nice pix of him all smiley and stuff:)). I met so many people from AWOP and other "glamberts", it was just amazing. Such a diversity of people in this fandom, young, old, straight, gay, so on and so on.

The only disappointment I had was finding out the next day after the Nokia show that i couldve gone to the party that Adam and his friends were at. Anyone with a VIP or PIT wristband could go, and I was up there and left. Erin, did you know that? Remember when we were walking out and i mentioned that we could stay here and party? I found out that about an hour after the show that all the band, dancers and family were there as was Adam, but he was sitting in roped off area. I'm a little disappointed, I would've like to have met Monte and Tommy and Terence, but I figure next time, next tour.

I'm currently posting my pics, they're nothing near as good as Erin's but if you'd like to see I have a few good ones. I've posted the Music box pictures are my flickr and i'm currently uploading my pixs from the Nokia right now. I don't know how to post pictures on AWOP so if someone wants to bring a few over that's fine by me.

Also, when I got home today my CD and poster were here for me. I haven't opened it yet, I'm waiting for my other two CD's to come first:) I will open it, i just haven't yet, lol.

Here's the link to my Music Box pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17360137@N ... 509750139/

Here's the link to my Club Nokia pictures-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17360137@N ... 635627044/
[quote="SB1965"]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6