Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 pm 
Media Maven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:43 pm 
Media Maven

legers wrote:
Just back from Heaven (and it really was!) - Adam was fantastic. His voice is incredible live. It just fills the whole space. I had hoped that this might be enough for me and I would be able to forego the Glam Nation tour - but I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

The audience was really mixed, which was really nice to see. The 2 16-year-old girls ahead of us in the queue were pretty much hyperventilating by the end of the set.

He looked completely beautiful and was absolutely delighted with the complete adulation he received. Most folk knew the words of his songs and were singing along.

I know we are only borrowing him for a while, but he clearly loves London, so we might be lucky enough to have him as a frequent visiter.

My friend caught the drumsticks, so we have a souvenir. Woohoo.
legers wrote:
OK - some further thoughts now that I've had a chance to sleep.

1, The crowd was amazingly diverse - the majority had travelled from outside London to be there. This can only be a good thing for spreading the love. As was the presence of a good number of industry folk.

2. I thought the dancers were very good (when I could tear my eyes away from Adam). He clearly enjoys their energy and for that reason alone, I think he should keep them. The guy in the hotpants and lace looks like a demented pixie in real life. Honestly it was a good look.

3. Adam just laughed when he thought people were asking to look at his tits and declined after doing a little chest shimmy. I don't think anything phases him.

4. When we were trying to find the club, a local stopped to ask if we were lost (wow - that's never happed to me in London before). When we said we said we were looking for Heaven, she squealed and said "OMG are you going to the Adam Lambert concert? Did you see him on GMTV this morning? I went into work late so i could watch it" After much further sqeeing, she then walked us to the venue. The connecting power of Adam!

5. Monte is a guitar god. Just in case you were in any doubt.

6. When everyone rushed into the venue, virtually no-one moved from their spot for the whole 2 & 3/4 hours we had to wait until the set started. Anyone who left for a drink or the loo had to fight their way back and submit to a lot of complaining. I've never seen an audience so focussed on what was to come. No one, but no one was giving up their place.

7. Did I mention that that boy can MOVE? If the singing wasn't enough, your eyes are transfixed by the moving.

Anyway, it worth the 3 day road trip to see him for 40 minutes. Glam Nation Tou, here I come.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am 
Media Maven

Entertainment Focus (UK) - Review of Concert

Quote:
Adam Lambert – Monday 26th April 2010 – Heaven
Submitted by Pip on Tue, 04/27/2010

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert is already a big name in the US and around the world. With two hit singles under his belt – For Your Entertainment and Whatya Want From Me – the singer has built a global army of fans with his glam pop/rock sound and his unique style. Currently in the UK for a whirlwind round of publicity to support his debut UK single and album (both called For Your Entertainment) Lambert performed the second of two gigs at Heaven last night and EF was there to witness it.

Anticipation had grown slowly over the course of the evening with the venue already packed when we arrived a little after 8pm. Arriving on stage around 9.30pm Lambert walked on to the stage to huge cheers from the crowd and immediately launched into the first song of his 30-minute set. For Your Entertainment’s slinky electro-throbbing club-sound radiated through Heaven whipping the crowd into a frenzy as Lambert moved across the stage accompanied by his dancers. Clad in very tight trousers and decked out in his trademark guyliner, Lambert looked every bit the popstar. Thankfully it wasn’t just the image that convinced us it was his strong vocals throughout the set.

Highlights included a stirring rendition of current Top 10 US single Whatya Want From Me, Strut which was accompanied by a sexy dance routine and the Lady Gaga-penned Fever (also one of the highlights on the album). Throughout Lambert engaged with fans and impressed with his stage presence.

Over the course of the set Lambert had a lot of energy; he danced a fair bit, interacted with the crowd and shared a few jokes. At one point when an audience member screamed ‘show us your tits’ Lambert pointed out that would be very difficult if not only for the fact his waistcoat/tie/shirt combo didn’t make it easy to bare any flesh. At another point he told his backing band he couldn’t understand the crowd due to their British accents which was greeted with roaring laughter.

Lambert’s set was an energized poptastic 30 minutes of glam pop/rock that left the crowd wanting more. We wish he’d extended the set but you can’t have everything. The songs he did perform impressed and EF saw the beginnings of a modern day pop icon coming to the fore. We think you’ll be hearing about Adam Lambert for years to come.

Set list

For Your Entertainment
Music Again
Strut
Whatya Want From Me
Sleepwalker
Fever
If I Had You

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:33 am 
Media Maven

The Music Fix
http://www.themusicfix.co.uk/content/gi ... mbert.html

Quote:
Adam Lambert
Heaven London - 26 April 2010

[picture gallery]

British fans of US talent show American Idol are in for a treat in the next couple of weeks as three of its competitors are turning their attentions to the UK. Season 3 winner Fantasia Barrino is popping to these shores to play a headlining show at London’s Indigo at the beginning of May. Season 8 stalwart Allison Iraheta drops her debut single “Friday I’ll Be Over You” around the same time and the true star of that year’s Idol Adam Lambert releases his album For Your Entertainment.

Mr Lambert has already hit the European promo trail, with volcanic eruptions slightly scuppering the second half of his UK plans, finally landing in the capital again in time to sit on Lorraine Kelly's sofa and play a couple of sets at London’s Heaven venue.

I was lucky enough to gain admission to the second show, a gig organised by HMV for fans who pre-ordered Adam’s album. HMV seem to be doing this on a regular basis these days with recent gigs from Alphabeat and Paul Weller coming to mind. It’s a great way for fans to get up close and sample their faves in intimate venues.

There was certainly no shortage of Lambert fans in the building, with an audience response usually reserved for a more seasoned performer (or possibly the Jonas Brothers!), with screams and calls filling the arena before their Idol's entrance. The crowd were certainly a mixed bag anyway, ranging from trendy teens to a large amount of women who looked as if they should have been camping out for a week outside the Albert Hall waiting for Cliff Richard tickets rather than getting down and dirty to the Glam Popper!

Adam’s set was pulled from his Electro Pop album and showcased the show stopping vocals that were a major part of his Idol success. I must admit I championed Miss Iraheta that season till she was despatched in fourth place but I always looked forward to seeing what Adam had to offer each week and I certainly wanted him to win when it came down to the final two.

Adam's set was short and sweet, with seven songs delivered to the excited crowd. The man was joined by a team of dancers for part of the set spicing up the evening's proceedings, with their raunchy moves adding to the Lambert package. Mr Lambert's certainly no shrinking violet mind you and was happy enough to join the fun, with crotch grabbing, squatting and gyrating the order of the day.

Adam took plenty of time to thank his ever faithful fans, spending periods just taking in all the cheers, cat calls and whistles that headed his way. Although a very charismatic performer there was no sense of arrogance, with the Idol star coming across as very likable.

Set highlights included opener "For Your Entertainment", "Fever" (a song written by the glorious Lady Gaga) and last song of the evening "If I Had You", with Adam telling the audience "No matter what colour your skin is, no matter who you fuck, no matter what God you believe in, no matter how old you are, we can all party together" and party they did!

Adam's show was very entertaining. My three song allocation in the photo pit was immense fun and I enjoyed the rest of the set almost as much! He certainly deserves a lot of success in the UK so hopefully his album will do well. I'm sure there wont be much of an opportunity to catch him in similar sized venue on his next return to this country anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:52 am 
Media Maven

Daily Star (UK)
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/vie ... en-London/

Quote:
GIG REVIEW: ADAM LAMBERT, HEAVEN, LONDON
28th April 2010
By Kim Dawson

HE FOUGHT through volcanic ash to get to the Capital.

And the American Idol star replaced the dust with lashings of glitter and raunch.

Thrusting straight into debut single For Your Entertainment, out this week, Adam proved he more than does what he claims.

Surrounded by scantily-clad backing dancers and a band more intent on rocking out than pandering to wussy pop proved Adam is a rare reality TV find.

On Whaddya Want From Me and the sublime Sleepwalker he turned the atmosphere into a moody puddle of sweat.

And it didn’t take long for the Alexander McQueen-designed dancing canes and GaGa-penned Fever to send the packed venue into a high-octane frenzy.

If we can find someone as exciting on The X Factor this year then that Christmas No 1 slot will be re-claimed once more.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 pm 
Media Maven

Lambosessed wrote:
I've been busy lately but just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm actually very relieved to have a little break from the media onslaught and have been using the time to catch up.

When Adam was over here, I tried to go to the G-A-Y gig but I just missed him. I was a bit late after catching up with friends but I also expected Adam to be late. As I arrived, people were on their way out saying he'd already finished. I was gutted.

As Adam was doing his publicity rounds, I tried but unfortunately didn't manage to meet him. His schedule was super-packed and he ended up running 3 hours late. I knew that the later he became, the slimmer my chances, but I still waited anyway, hoping. I met some lovely fans though, some a little cray and many who had travelled from very far. I wasn't too disappointed though, as I didn't really expect much.

It was wonderful to have finally seen Adam sing live in concert that evening, and he was dazzling. I was surprised at how everything about him seemed a little too perfect to be human. The crowd was a little younger than I was expecting and it was very very packed near the stage. The people up front were like sardines and there was no way you were going to get close to the stage unless you'd been queuing for hours. People were afraid to go to the bar or even to the toilet for fear of losing their places. It surprised me as he's not particularly well-known here, but it shows the passion that Adam manages to generate in his fans. I didn't want to be squished but still wanted to see so decided to head to the back of the room. It was a bit far and the view wasn't great but at least I was still able to breathe.

Adam's singing was pitch-perfect and highlights for me were Strut for the show, Sleepwalker for the vocals & WWFM for the mood. The band and the dancers were great, although the stage became very crowded. It was an agonisingly short set though and I was left wanting much more.

I've done a detailed write-up on my blog if you want to read more, but I will warn you that it is very long:
http://adamlambertobsession.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-heaven-with-adam.html