Adam Without Pity

Adam Lambert Discussion Within
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:43 pm 
Not Theatrical Enough

SB1965 wrote:
MARY!! What flight are you on? I'm leaving from San Jose around noonish and get to LAX around 1ish also. I wonder if we're on the same flight? I know you're in SF tho, you're probably leaving from there. LMK

Yep. UAL 867 SFO-LAX arr 137p. I'll be taking the SuperShutttle to the hotel. ($16, not bad.) See you soon!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:25 pm 
My therapist says it's a harmless, stress-relieving fantasy--and I believe her

One correction, probably not of consequence: Eric and I are checking in Wed AM, not Tuesday AM. Boys3, wanted to be sure you knew that. Maybe PM or email me to acknowledge?

My plans on Wednesday will not come together until the last minute but I will keep in touch by phone to make sure I get on the GlamVan at the very least.

Anybody who needs the GlamTracker for phone numbers, PM me. SB1965, check your PMs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 pm 
World Domination

Susan L wrote:
YAY CArpools!!!
Are we doing something before the show?

Heh, I feel like the field trip mom again. Good times.

I think I put my cell number in the original GlamTracker list, but if anyone wants it PM me.
Murly won't be there for the Music Box show :( so there is one more seat in my nonglamvan for that evening. I would love to do something before the show!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 am 
is dessert happening?

Bringing over two posts from our after-party hostess as they contain information relevant to our time management interests-

15th Music Box night-
Quote:
Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:27 AM By: AZGlamFan
UPDATE PLEASE READ: 12/15 MUSIC BOX CONCERT- They confirmed to me today that the doors are now opening at 8 (instead of 7)
The Canyons go on at 9 - 9:30 and Adam is scheduled for 10-11:15*.

Re: 12/15 ADAM LAMBERT NIGHT AT BARDOT- GLAM NATION VIP AFTER PARTY-- 1) TIMES - based on the current concert time the party will start at 11 and go to 2:30 AM. Bardot is opening early to accommodate those that are not going to the Music Box but are coming to the party. 2) OPEN BAR/FOOD- Please note that the 2 hour open bar (Complimentary drinks) and 2 hours (complimentary) Hors D'Oeuvres will most probably be from 12-2 with cash bar the rest of the time. You will be advised when the open bar is. 3) ENTRY- ALL must be 21 with ID to enter. You will give your real name to the Bardot staff for the list at the door and I will greet you inside the club. If you have guests they need to be with you when you arrive. You will receive a name tag once inside and need wear it while in Bardot.
4) DONORS CHOOSE- Donors Choose raffle tickets for the 12/16 party raffle will also be sold at Bardot & Tim of Penny Royal (who donated the grand prize of Infinity Earrings) will be at the party. tat2Susan has generously donated additional prizes including a signed pic by Adam, Adam mags, CD/DVD & more! Those purchasing tickets need to be attending the 12/16 party so you can pick up your prize! Link to the giving page http://bit.ly/clubnokia
A portion of the proceeds of all sales by Juneau and Xena and Danniel McKnight will also be donated to Donors Choose. 5) - SELLING- There will be no unauthorized selling of goods permitted not sanctioned by me or the venue. 6) DOOR PRIZES - Everyone attending will have the opportunity to win one of hundreds of dollars worth of Adam related prizes! 7) CABS - There are cabs always waiting outside of Bardot, but if necessary the staff will call for more. HAVE POSTED OTHER UPDATE ON 12/16 on THAT THREAD. Thanks & see you soon, Julie

And 16th Club Nokia night-
Quote:
Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:30 AM By: AZGlamFan
UPDATE PLEASE READ: 12/16 CLUB NOKIA CONCERT - Confirmed per production notes: doors open at 7, The Canyons at 8,
Adam at 9 and ending at 10:15 PM*.
Re: 12/16 THE ADAM LAMBERT ZONE - - GLAM NATION VIP AFTER PARTY at ESPN Zone VIP Suite- 1) TIMES - Based on current concert time info party will be 10:30 - 1:30 AM. 2) ENTRY- ESPN Zone is just steps away from Club Nokia. When you enter ESPN Zone, reception is on the first floor and you will go up the stairs to the right to the private second floor VIP Suite. You'll check in by screen name inside and please have your PayPal receipt with you just in case. Your guests need to be with you when you arrive. You will be given a name tag and need to wear it while in the Suite. 3) OPEN BAR/FOOD - There is open Bar (complimentary drinks) and (complimentary) buffet By Wolfgang Puck for 3 hours. 4) DONORS CHOOSE- There is a Donors Choose Raffle with all proceeds benefiting DC and a chance to win great prizes courtesy of Tim of Penny Royal and tat2Susan! 5) SELLING- There will be no unauthorized selling of goods permitted that has not been sanctioned by me and the venue. 6) DOOR PRIZES - Everyone attending will have the opportunity to win one of hundreds of dollars worth of Adam related prizes. I look forward to meeting all of you soon. Peace, Love and Glam, Julie

* he will likely run late

And one from Club Nokia regarding the lines-
http://www.clubnokia.com/eventdetail.php?id=29552
Quote:
In an effort to be fair to all guests as well as not place a burden on the surrounding area Club Nokia will be implementing the following procedure for the Adam Lambert show which is taking place on Thursday, December 16, 2010. There will be NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING OUT permitted at Club Nokia. Line up will be permitted for the Adam Lambert show beginning at 6am the day of the show (12-16-10). Anyone that shows up prior to 6am will be turned away and asked to return at the acceptable time. No one will have access to the venue prior to door time (7:00pm). This includes access to use restrooms, purchase food or other related matters. Please be advised that Club Nokia is located on the campus if L.A. LIVE which is private property, as such, no one will be permitted to camp out on this property as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm 
World Domination

Lisa Loopner, thanks, I fixed my original post about check in dates. SB1965, LA Live was running a 3-night minimum special that came out to almost the same price we were paying for only 2 nights, so I switched our reservation to start on Tuesday. We'll be checking in as soon as our first arrivers get there on Wednesday morning.

Since the doors don't open until 8, I won't worry quite as much about LA's nightmare traffic. Do we want to grab dinner at the Marriott or near the Music Box? Does everyone have access to the GlamTracker worksheet? I'm adding you all to my cell, and all of your first names start with MUP. :)

I've never done the GA thing before. What happens when you want to grab a cocktail or hit the ladies' room? I have no false hopes of being up by the stage, but I can't imagine fans would let you back up there once you left.

OMG, the laundry, the packing, the lists (yes Buder, I'm one of those too!), the waiting! THREE MORE DAYS!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:36 pm 
is dessert happening?

boys3girls0 wrote:
THREE MORE DAYS!

NOT EVEN!!!

Click me!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:32 pm 
Glamorized

Does anyone know about cameras at these places?

i mean, should i sneak my little one in inside my bra, or try to get my bigger camera in? i'm worried that if I get caught with the camera i'd have to take a taxi all the way back to the hotel!!!!!!! i don't wanna do that.

I'm not one for standing in line all day. I'm flying in around 1ish on wednesday and check in time at the marriot is around 4 I heard. I figured since we're getting there late, we might as well check in, get dressed, go and get something to eat and then head to the Music Box. What do you all think?

I put everyone's phone numbers in my cell phone too:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 am 
World Domination

OK. I 'm kind of freaking out here. It's going to be 30 below here tomorrow (with wind chill). How do I wrap my head around what to pack for Southern California?
So, what are you guys wearing to these shows? Do I need to bring a coat? This is so lame, I know. I am terrible with clothes and I haven't had any time to pull anything new together. I had hoped to fit everything into a carry on--but how do I deal with shoes?!

There's been enough snow and all this weekend to really slow down all the errands and shopping I had planned on doing.

Sh*t.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:20 am 
Mad Stalker

I'm bringing a light jacket, only because the long-range forecasts I keep seeing are calling for good chances of rain in LA on Thurs/Fri....but maybe that'll change in the next two days :( As for concert outfits, I'm planning on wearing the same jeans and boots both nights just with different tops. Tops are easier and smaller to pack than bottoms for me, so that was about the only way I was ever going to be able to go carry-on only. But I hate checking luggage, so it's a compromise. Hell I'm impressed with myself for only packing the one pair of shoes plus the shoes I'll be wearing on the plane. lol Being a "girly-girl" and a makeup junkie makes working around that darn 3-1-1 liquids rule a bit tough though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am 
is dessert happening?

I am not a clothes person at all, so I am jeans and an Adam t-shirt both nights.
Maybe a hoodie, but I will avoid taking a jacket unless it is.... unavoidable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 am 
World Domination

I'm glad to see you're wearing jeans. I debated that...but think I might. I'm trying to figure out what I want to dance in Wednesday night!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:12 am 
is dessert happening?

Susan L wrote:
I'm glad to see you're wearing jeans. I debated that...but think I might. I'm trying to figure out what I want to dance in Wednesday night!

Well, I only dance front row at Adam shows (only for him!) and that's not happening this time, so my clothing choice is immaterial.
See what I did there ?

Yeah, I'm a big poopy pie dance wise :)
Deal ;>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 pm 
World Domination

This probably doesn't help for later this week, but it was 85 degrees here yesterday and I'm wearing a short-sleeved blouse and sandals at work today. They're expecting Thursday to be cloudy with a high of 60 degrees, which is parka weather as far as my California blood is concerned.

I'm a jeans, boots, sparkly top, pack-8-pair-of-shoes-for-a-2-day-trip kind of gal, so I'm glad that I'm driving instead of flying!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:24 pm 
World Domination

There is a bar at Hollywood & Vine called Dillon's that serves pretty good food and cheap beer, and it's just a block-and-a-half from The Music Box. A friend of mine is the Director of Operations there, and she said that she would hold a table for us if we want to meet for dinner. One big, happy AWOFP party?

Check-in at 4, glamification, and an arrival at Music Box area about 6-6:30 with dinner at Dillon's? That way, we're where we need to be and everyone can decide for themselves if they want to linger, or line up, or whatever.

Whaddya think?

I just saw at AT that Alisan and band don't even go on until 9-9:30. Maybe 6-6:30 is a little early?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:46 am 
juggling eroticos during breakfast

Sounds awesome, glitterbert. I don't think 6 is too early. Even if we don't need to line up, I can absolutely see myself sitting with all of you and chatting and drinking for several hours without getting sick of it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:14 am 
Glamorized

Glitterbert, I know I already told you I think it's a great idea in my pm to you, and I still think it sounds like a great idea, lol.

6 or 630 is good, gives us time to check in and get glammed up. Is the 6pm time the time that we will meet up down in the lobby or is that the time you want to be at the restaurant? Cannot wait to meet all of you finally!! I'm soooooo excited. I just packed all my outfits and i'm ready to goooooooooooo!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 am 
World Domination

SB1965 wrote:
Glitterbert, I know I already told you I think it's a great idea in my pm to you, and I still think it sounds like a great idea, lol.

6 or 630 is good, gives us time to check in and get glammed up. Is the 6pm time the time that we will meet up down in the lobby or is that the time you want to be at the restaurant? Cannot wait to meet all of you finally!! I'm soooooo excited. I just packed all my outfits and i'm ready to goooooooooooo!!

I was thinking 6-6:30 to arrive at the restaurant. That would mean 5:30-ish in the lobby. I'm flexible, just need to let my friend know what to expect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:03 am 
is dessert happening?

I'm easy, just tell me when where!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:46 am 
World Domination

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
(But my list is impossibly long. I feel like Cinderella getting ready for the ball.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:16 am 
World Domination

Great idea, glitterbert. We'll plan on meeting in the lobby at 5:30 to head over to Dillon's. I think there's 12-15 of us, right? Do you know if there's parking at the Music Box?

For those staying at the Marriott, you'll most likely be able to check in much earlier than 4 pm based on what I was told by the hotel staff yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:42 am 
Penis-Oriented Gestures

Saw this from myspencer50 over at Adamtopia:
Quote:
Loose meet-up location for those not going to the ESPN Zone after party.

"After Club Nokia, meet at the Mixing Room Bar, in the Marriot lobby!"
http://www.lalive.com/eat/mixingroom

Whoever feels like coming, shows up!

Just thought I'd put it out there for anyone who is interested.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:54 am 
World Domination

boys3girls0 wrote:
Great idea, glitterbert. We'll plan on meeting in the lobby at 5:30 to head over to Dillon's. I think there's 12-15 of us, right? Do you know if there's parking at the Music Box?

For those staying at the Marriott, you'll most likely be able to check in much earlier than 4 pm based on what I was told by the hotel staff yesterday.

There is parking near the Music Box, it's a big lot that also serves the Pantages. If you Google Maps with the traffic option (or maybe it's satellite) and you can see it. There is also a lot just behind Dillon's that is across the street from Bardot where the after party is. Dillon's is right between The Music Box and Bardot. I'm not sure which lot I'll use. It might depend on the weather, either way there will be a little bit of walking. Though the two venues are less than 1/2-a-mile apart, I might move my car -- depending on the weather and the status of my feet.

I best warn Rio (my friend) that our party size has doubled. Yay! AWOFPers, $3 pints, avocado fries, and FuckingAdamFuckingLambert. Fuck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:27 pm 
is dessert happening?

In the air now ON MY FUCKING WAY!!!
Can not wait!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 pm 
World Domination

LA peeps: I just talked to my aunt in LA who I'm going with to Thursday's show, and she told me that she ended up with EIGHT comped GA tickets. We only need four, so if any of you LA-based ladies have friends who would like to go, PM me and I'll let her know. I have to call her tomorrow when I get there to confirm that she indeed has eight, but I'm pretty sure it's a done deal. I don't doubt that we can find takers for them when we get there, but I'd love to offer them up here first. Again, not 100% sure, but I'll know for certain tomorrow sometime.

Can't wait! I'm going to do everything I can to make it to the Marriott by tomorrow afternoon! Wish me luck! See you all soon! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:22 am 
Mad Stalker

Catching up after a *crazy* last day at work. Loving the new plans for dinner! However, does anybody know whether the box office at the Musix Box stays open later on concert nights? Last minute finalizing my packing and I just remembered I have to pick my ticket up at will call before the show. The only info I can find on their (hard to navigate) website says "purchase tickets at box office Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm". I don't want to throw a wrench into things, but if the new pre-show dinner/partay plans have us arriving at 6:00 or later, I may have a problem. :/ Plus, it's now after hours and I'm on a plane as of 8:30am tomorrow morning. Ack!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next